[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

3ku11

I think the Colonization episode can end the speculation that Leonard and Penny haven't been kissing because Kaley got married and Ryan objected. The episode shows beyond a doubt that if the writers can write it, these 2 actors can act it!

Well some people tend to think Johnny and Kaley don't have much physical chemistry and are a drag on the show.  Of course that same person ALSO said in another one of his reviews that Raj is the one main character that has shown the most tangible character development.  Nothing against Raj, but SERIOUSLY?

I watched this episode again not too long ago, The Lenny bits were a little better on second viewing, but I feel there could've been some improvement.

• Like 1

Well some people tend to think Johnny and Kaley don't have much physical chemistry and are a drag on the show.  Of course that same person ALSO said in another one of his reviews that Raj is the one main character that has shown the most tangible character development.  Nothing against Raj, but SERIOUSLY?

I watched this episode again not too long ago, The Lenny bits were a little better on second viewing, but I feel there could've been some improvement.

Just scrolled through the comments for that review. Seems to me its just the usual types who think that dissing something popular makes them cool. And yet a bunch thought the very low-brow pie-in-the-face gag was hilarious, when the real funny part of that was Leonard's deadpan "Please go to Mars." The reviewer was of course completely wrong about J/K's chemistry.

• Like 2

Just scrolled through the comments for that review. Seems to me its just the usual types who think that dissing something popular makes them cool. And yet a bunch thought the very low-brow pie-in-the-face gag was hilarious, when the real funny part of that was Leonard's deadpan "Please go to Mars." The reviewer was of course completely wrong about J/K's chemistry.

Agreed, I think the reviewer's opinion of them is clouded by the fact that he's allergic to any drama that goes on between those characters, and it has conditioned HIM to read anything they do as a couple together in a usually negative light.  The interpretation of his is ALSO usually WITHOUT nuance.  For instance, in "The Spoiler Alert Segmentation", he criticizes Penny for not accepting Leonard moving in with her since it's across the halls AND she's known him for 5 years, and that if she doesn't do it NOW she might as well accept she and Leonard aren't going to go anywhere EVER.  He doesn't factor in her commitment issues at her current moment, and how she fears Leonard MIGHT push to want a mile IF she gives him an inch.  Some of the naysayers of Lenny seem like they watch this show with a "What have you done for me in the last 5 minutes?" mentality.  And that if characters don't resolve their issues on screen in 1 episode than they are deemed not worth their time.

Some people seem to have NO patience to let things play out these days, they want to watch something and say, "I don't care about some deeper meanings with Leonard, I want Sheldon because I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED."

Edited by meka3000

I don't think TPTB ever expected the show to go on this long or to be so popular. They probably had a plan for Lenny that spanded 5 seasons and that is why we saw them get together in season 3. Now though, they are just stalling them because they don't know what to do to fill in through 10 seasons and it is like throwing cold water over the chemistry these two characters have. In a way I don't know why they are stalling them, Penny Hofstadter is not going to have it any easier dealing with Leonard's nerdy life than Penny the girlfriend. If anything the writers could bring conflict back to Lenny as they both adjust to married life with each other, we all know how good Penny is with compromise. So let them get married, I want domestic scenes of Leonard doing the taxes while Penny does her nails.

• Like 4

I don't think TPTB ever expected the show to go on this long or to be so popular. They probably had a plan for Lenny that spanded 5 seasons and that is why we saw them get together in season 3. Now though, they are just stalling them because they don't know what to do to fill in through 10 seasons and it is like throwing cold water over the chemistry these two characters have. In a way I don't know why they are stalling them, Penny Hofstadter is not going to have it any easier dealing with Leonard's nerdy life than Penny the girlfriend. If anything the writers could bring conflict back to Lenny as they both adjust to married life with each other, we all know how good Penny is with compromise. So let them get married, I want domestic scenes of Leonard doing the taxes while Penny does her nails.

Domestic lenny will be funny. trying to do the taxes while penny is all over Leonard with kisses and him trying to explain in between that the taxes need to be done. (Which get done at a later date.) So does her nails. ☺

Penny: "So how the hell did you forget to fill in the taxes returns."

Leonard: "Everytime I try to do it. I end up doing something else."

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 3

The only reason they are not married is because of "you know who" over at "you know where". Domestic Lenny would be as funny as any other plot in the show if the writers allowed it to happen. Get on with the move, get on with the wedding so we can get on with funny plots with Lenny dealing with it all. Sitting around on their hands trying to please " he who shall not be named" ( and unlike some here, I love the guy) waiting for him to be ready is stalling the comedy of domestic Lenny. Come on writers. It's not about the no kissing, no intimate, in background Lenny anymore. It's about putting them back in the spotlight with funny scenes. It can be about so much more than sex. Wedding plans and marriage to follow can easily fill in the Lenny quota til season 10. Get on with it.

• Like 7

Then why did they make Lenny engaged. Colonization I saw yay, was one of the best Lenny eps in years. Vintage Lenny. Thank you writers. They are the stars of the show always have been, always well be lets face that. Other couples break up won't lose much, Lenny is crucial imo. I wasen't worried. I kinda agree with the sentiment tptb diddn't plan on going more then 5 seasons. Hence Lenny Season 3 then endgame. Show suddenlly became widely popular, maybe the most popular sitcom since Friends. So it was like okay now what? So they focused on other characters, while Lenny simmered. I always laugh when people say J and K have no physical chemistry. Apart from them dating for two years in real life. I have never seen Kaley have more chemistry with anyone but Johnny. They have an understanding she just cannot share with the other guys Jim, Kunal, Simon e.t.c. But that's just me. I say S8 finalie, Lenny go to vegas get married. Because I am so ready for domestic Lenny!

• Like 3

Lenny plot is Penny gets an offer to be in a new movie Clerks 3. Which Wheton offers it to her. Lenny fight as Leonard thinks Penny should stick to her job. But she ends up tricking into letting Leonard let her do it. Serial Apist was mentioned yo!

Edited by 3ku11

Jokingly I almost nailed this eps plot ( I went with Sharknado 3 and Penny kissing Wil in thanks but close).

I like that acting is returning late in season. Not a lot of interest in the sales rep plot. Too secure and no where to go story wise once the initial change was dealt with. The whole thing has been conspicuously quiet for a long time. The girls watching Apeist was a clue the acting bug might return. More drama, comedy, twists and turns for Lenny in the acting plot when you look at how Season 7 panned out. Will it mean a new challenge to Lenny at seasons end if she scores the gig? And will I get my joking idea of Wheaton wondering why he seems to interfere in the Lenny relationship? Do Lenny needs this to happen to get out of the background of Season 8 ( cos you know who and his girl are certainly still getting plenty of screen time in this next taped episode - they ain't dialling that down a notch!)

• Like 1

Yeah I would make the Lenny plot A sounds more interesting and important imo. Shamy spooning errr lol. Just me. Yeh why is Wheton interferring in Lenny lol, not intentional of course. But he inadvertantly always makes Lenny fight over Pennys acting. As Leonard see's it differently. 

Really love the idea of a potential return to acting for Penny I'm sure Leonard will wind up supporting her in the same way she has supported him in his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey remember Leonard bought Penny a car, so she can drive to auditions. Maybe Lenny go give it a drive, to see if is still in working order :p. Little makeout in the back seat well suffice. I don't think Penny maniupulates Leonard. More monopolizing. Leonard knows deep down acting is Penny's TRUE passion, so she well continue to pursue it. Leonard is in it for the long haul. Penny being 28 chances are even if she gets the movie, she won't break out as a star. Or hey its scripted they may make her break out who knows. Gotta say the past two tapings have renewed my confidence in Lenny. 

I am quite excited for them to have something bigger to argue about - things have been going too swimmingly for them! A little fire makes things interesting for me, so this is great. I have no idea what Clerks 3 is... but either way, it sounds like a great episode. I do feel sort of like this'll be one of those 'mention acting for an episode then forget about it for a while' things - but maybe it has something to do with future plots. Who knows. I'm just going to be playing 'spot the sexy painting' for all future episodes. 

• Like 7

Lol I don't think this suggested a break up at all. We know how Leonard feel about acting and Penny. I think Leonard agreeing he was played, implies no chance of causing issues. This maybe just a one off acting ep kinda thing. Penny may leave for the summer to film it if she gets the role, and Leonard leaves with her. I well be very surprised if this leads to any real issues. 

Lol I don't think this suggested a break up at all. We know how Leonard feel about acting and Penny. I think Leonard agreeing he was played, implies no chance of causing issues. This maybe just a one off acting ep kinda thing. Penny may leave for the summer to film it if she gets the role, and Leonard leaves with her. I well be very surprised if this leads to any real issues. 

I hope no breakup, but I wouldn't put it past the writers.

Edited by eirwinrommel