[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

3ku11

Sort of like that one episode where she met Alex and told her that she was in a 5-year experiment with Leonard then pulled him to her apartment to have her way with him. I could go for more of that with Penny, getting excited about her boy toy.

I think an episode where they tease each other would be extremely funny. I could just see Sheldon asking Amy why Penny and Leonard keep going across the hall while Amy rolls her eyes and everyone else there chuckles.

That was a funny episode. I'll go for more of those. It will be funny if we get to see Penny not able to keep her hands of her boy toy. They just have to look at each other and know what the other is thinking and get up and head next door for some hanky panky. ☺

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Penny is great when she teases him, sitting on her couch in a nightie, wearing glasses and dressed studious, bending down in front of him, or just flirting with him. I really liked how she dressed to kill in the tenure episode to try and help him too. Those type of scenes of her with Leonard never get old and they show the chemistry between them.

• Like 2

With the season 6 glasses on. But she has to graduate first. Maybe the guys can get her an honorary doctorate. That would surely force Howard to sign up!

Good to see Leonard getting a bit of recognition for his career late in the season. And Penny is really stepping up in the support department in this one.

i see it more Lenny supporting each other much more now, they act like being married already.  :shy:

Penny is great when she teases him, sitting on her couch in a nightie, wearing glasses and dressed studious, bending down in front of him, or just flirting with him. I really liked how she dressed to kill in the tenure episode to try and help him too. Those type of scenes of her with Leonard never get old and they show the chemistry between them.

i totally agree with your accessement SRAM. 

i  love the the momentn on episode when Penny is kissing Leonard and he asks her to wait because he has confession to make, she goes " oh  why, is this your fist time " that was classic Lenny :icon_wink:

• Like 1

You mean this.

post-13758-0-86028200-1427929236_thumb.g

• Like 2

You mean this.

attachicon.gifpVHQz0K4kK.gif

Oh yes, and what was so great about it was, it was all her idea, he at first didn't want to bother her and make her go, but she knew she could help the man she loves because, although she is not academic, her street smarts make her know how to get men's attention drawn to her and of course Leonard. It was a true team Hofstadter moment where they were both working toward one goal using each of their own talents. That is what bothered me about season 8, I expected more of that with the engagement, not things like her not wanting to take him to Hawaii or him not in her perfect day dream, I expected them joined at the hip.

• Like 5

This new "Graduation" episode sounds like a great Lenny episode! I'm hoping the last two episodes continue the good trend and we end the season( :icon_cry: )as happier Lennies. I have a good feeling about them, and watching the body painting caper makes me smile every time. They can still surprise, delight and amuse and love each other in the best ways!

Keeping my sunny side up for Lenny! :cool:

• Like 6

It's been a while since I've seen the episode with the "body painting caper" (loving that phrase, btw!!), but the great part about it (to me) was their mutual enthusiasm. Even when the first attempt wasn't as good as they expected, there was a "hey! wait a minute---we're Lenny! Let's do this our way!" attitude that was so amazing to see in this , "our season of (some) discontent"!

Looking forward to this most recent taped episode and more Leonard & Penny as we race to the finish of Season 8! (Loud Woo-Hoo from Connecticut!).

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 6

It's been a while since I've seen the episode with the "body painting caper" (loving that phrase, btw!!), but the great part about it (to me) was their mutual enthusiasm. Even when the first attempt wasn't as good as they expected, there was a "hey! wait a minute---we're Lenny! Let's do this our way!" attitude that was so amazing to see in this , "our season of (some) discontent"!

Looking forward to this most recent taped episode and more Leonard & Penny as we race to the finish of Season 8! (Loud Woo-Hoo from Connecticut!).

LOL at 'our season of (some) discontent'! 

Yep! it certainly has been!

We've had a few nice Lenny moments recently and an actual episode on the horizon (go figure -- does anyone remember how that feels?!) Absolutely cannot wait for the sexy graduate scene!

hokie, I could swear I heard your Loud Woo-Hoo from Connecticut! I feel like making some noise as well! A Loud Woo-Hoo too from me in Philly to help sound the joy across the Lenny-sphere! 

Edited by 5Mississippis
  • Like 6

It would be cool to try and do something like that. Everyone film themselves in a location in their hometown yelling Woo-Hoo! in celebration of Lenny goodness. Like The Ice Bucket Challenges. Everyone do it and we can post them somewhere.

• Like 5

Nice idea 5Miss. I'm rather hoping that for the final ever episode that the full version of the theme gets played with a montage of pics of fans from all over the world. What can I say I'm a dreamer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This new "Graduation" episode sounds like a great Lenny episode! I'm hoping the last two episodes continue the good trend and we end the season( :icon_cry: )as happier Lennies. I have a good feeling about them, and watching the body painting caper makes me smile every time. They can still surprise, delight and amuse and love each other in the best ways!

Keeping my sunny side up for Lenny! :cool:

I hope your right about finishing the season with Lenny. Maybe next TR we'll find out Penny got that acting part, they'll discuss it and then Leonard will say it is her dream so she should go for it. Then the last episode she tells him she needs him to go with her on location that summer, so he takes the summer off and goes with her.

• Like 2

If Penny gets the acting job, I think Leonard will support her once he wraps his head around it. He does know it was her dream, her passion and I think he could understand how it still is.He wants her to be happy more than he wants $$$. I would love to see her find success in the acting. I think it would relieve some of the Penny "blahs" we've seen and, in the end, make them stronger.

• Like 5

Leonard goes with her and the tag for the final is Bernie and Amy all excited about getting a text from Penny. When they open the text, they find that Penny is telling them that her and Leonard got married.
  • Like 5

Leonard goes with her and the tag for the final is Bernie and Amy all excited about getting a text from Penny. When they open the text, they find that Penny is telling them that her and Leonard got married.

Because they realise it's the only way they can get married without it ending up being about Sheldon and/or Amy and her tiara!

I know most want a big wedding but I actually feel it is in character for Lenny to go low key and private. No one in their group seems to take them seriously anyway!( except Stuart!) but it won't happen. Wyatt and Penny's brother have to be there. Oh, and Lisa Kudrow, apparently.

• Like 3

Because they realise it's the only way they can get married without it ending up being about Sheldon and/or Amy and her tiara!

I know most want a big wedding but I actually feel it is in character for Lenny to go low key and private. No one in their group seems to take them seriously anyway!( except Stuart!) but it won't happen. Wyatt and Penny's brother have to be there. Oh, and Lisa Kudrow, apparently.

It might.  But interviews with Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting have already revealed that TPTB are planning something unique for their wedding.

Also I think it would be disappointing for long time fans that they did it that way.  Especially since this is probably the most anticipated sitcom wedding since Pam & Jim (The Office).  I actually want to see what Leonard & Penny's own personal wedding vows would be.

Edited by meka3000

It might. But interviews with Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting have already revealed that TPTB are planning something unique for their wedding.

Also I think it would be disappointing for long time fans that they did it that way. Especially since this is probably the most anticipated sitcom wedding since Pam & Jim (The Office). I actually want to see what Leonard & Penny's own personal wedding vows would be.

We can still see their personal vows at a private affair. I just think sometimes their best stuff comes when it's just them ( the proposal, funeral, Valentine's recovery, the prom, the box of mementos, the season 6 lab scene). I think Penny is more likely to say something beautiful if just Leonard was there. I think she is too reluctant to really express how she feels in front of the others.

Conversely, though, it would mean even more if Penny managed to open up about how much she loves Leonard in front of the others. She doesn't do that much and it would probably mean a lot to both of them if she did He'd do it anyway.

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 2

I would love to see a huge wedding but with the route the writers are taking the show i dont want lenny's wedding hijacked by sheldon and what sheldon wants. When and where they get married, what food they serve or the wedding being all about sheldon. I'm with itwas on a private affair. It will be sweeter, heartwarming and romantic. Just the two of them.

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 5

I get the sentiment that you guys want a private, intimate Sheldon-less affair for their wedding but the reality is there's no way that will happen. The writers have spent a significant amount of time, especially this season, reinforcing the bonds of friendship between the main trio. To me that signals that they have no intention of not having them all there for such a significant life event. The good news though is that the tone of the dynamic between Sheldon and Leonard and between Sheldon and Penny has been shifting all season due to them trying to mature Sheldon. That should lead to a respectful, much more normal relationship between them thus eliminating the odds of Sheldon intentionally doing something dumbassed and wrecking things. I say should cause it is Sheldon and being clueless and dumbassed is his thing. But I would like to think that the writers care enough for Lenny that they'll keep any idiocy on the part of Sheldon to a minimum.

Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 3

I get the sentiment that you guys want a private, intimate Sheldon-less affair for their wedding but the reality is there's no way that will happen. The writers have spent a significant amount of time, especially this season, reinforcing the bonds of friendship between the main trio. To me that signals that they have no intention of not having them all there for such a significant life event. The good news though is that the tone of the dynamic between Sheldon and Leonard and between Sheldon and Penny has been shifting all season due to them trying to mature Sheldon. That should lead to a respectful, much more normal relationship between them thus eliminating the odds of Sheldon intentionally doing something dumbassed and wrecking things. I say should cause it is Sheldon and being clueless and dumbassed is his thing. But I would like to think that the writers care enough for Lenny that they'll keep any idiocy on the part of Sheldon to a minimum.

Sorry but I know it's a comedy and it's all about laughs but comedy, drama or whatever the genre is I'm sorry when two people are getting married it's their special day it should be about them celebrating their love. it's shouldn't be ruined for them just for laughs.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 3