The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Thank you so much for taking time to come here and answer our questions. Really appreciated and thanks for a great TR. :) sorry about the shit from twitter but some people just don't care about other's, or the risk just themselves. Great job you guys do and thanks again. ☺

Any time. I'm happy to still answer any questions if I can; just gonna retire for future seasons.

• Like 5

Any time. I'm happy to still answer any questions if I can; just gonna retire for future seasons.

I don't blame you its not worth the hassle.
  • Like 1

So much excitement around shooting the last episode of the season! Wish I was there. It sounds like the last 3 episodes will have a good amount of Lenny scenes. The Sexy Cap and Gown looks cute. Hope the season ends on a high note for us. :party:

So, not the greatest Lenny season ever but I loved Prom and Body Painting. I loved Hold Your Hand and Do it With You and I loved them having the best time at the ball game, laughing and smiling together. I loved the Shopping/Basket Weaving Date and The Best Fiance Ever picture. I loved the little bit of Christmas sweetness. I saw the love and I felt the love that Penny and Leonard have for each other. I loved the hand grabbing/holding and the wide-eyed looks during Turtle Time. I am leaving their less than shining moments behind as I remember  their good times. I find that I do that with all the seasons.  All relationships ebb and flow. I see their love flowing beautifully through season 9.The love is there and the chemistry is there and the history is there.  :kissing:

Strawberry Pop Tart Fan you  beautifuly described  the Lenny moments for S8, the prom one and the the body paint one shows their deep love for each other. Those were my favorite ones.

• Like 4

I would like to point out that considering how popular Leonard appeared to be (in the scene in the first episode of season 7, we saw him dancing with four women), one drunken kiss (that went nowhere) shows just how loyal he is to Penny.

• Like 5

I am so chill about this. Leonard is an idiot. He has always been desperate for affection, and has the cute puppy look. I can easily imagine him slightly buzzed, leaning up against a bulkhead talking to a women, heads close because of the party noise and because he is feeling good about himself, digging the female attention that he rarely notices he gets. He is in the moment. The ship rolls or she leans in and bam! Then his conscious brain cuts in and it's OVER. And then he sweats about his motives in that moment for the next two years. The one thing that Penny doesn't know. He HAS to tell her, so he can get the monkey off his back after all that time.

Meanwhile, Penny has to think about this secret and maybe reflect about how honest she is with him about all those other dimensions of her life - like the finance guy she's been seeing behind his back. She hasn't talked about their future with him - at all. And is this real obstacle? Sure, she's hurt, but after 8 years of knowing the guy, and given that he has always been there for her when she needs him, can she let this one go? Maybe not straight away, but she is a more worldly person than him and has been breaking hearts since her monkey-bar days. She has the capacity to understand that people slip up.

I think they'll be frosty for a bit but fine and we'll get the wedding they deserve. I just hope its not a double wedding (but I wouldn't put it past the

nongravitasatall,  what are you refening too? when you mention " like the finance guy she's been seeing behing his back " Penny would never, ever cheat on Leonard, she loves him.

i trully hope Leonnard did not do anything stupid, cause he will never get a girl like Penny again, comes to mind the episode when Sheldon tells Leonard how they they two will end up alone. Not to diviate from this Lenny's topic, but S7 has been the Sheldon show.( sorry Tensor ) the comments regarding Leonard suposedly cheating making me upset, i hope it is not true at all. I hope after eight years of hard work by Leonard of courting Penny are not thrown away by him.

In the fornication episode she revealed that she has a guy. Its another dimension of honesty, about her financial affairs. She didn't tell him about her fantastic salary and income and that she has a "finance guy". A big honesty fail in my book. She is not thinking like they are a unit. People get hung up on the physical, but that is only one dimension of a marriage. Most marriages suffer because of the financial problems, not the nookie problems. True fact.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 4

In the fornication episode she revealed that she has a guy. Its another dimension of honesty, about her financial affairs. She didn't tell him about her fantastic salary and income and that she has a "finance guy". A big honesty fail in my book. She is not thinking like they are a unit. People get hung up on the physical, but that is only one dimension of a marriage. Most marriages suffer because of the financial problems, not the nookie problems. True fact.

thanks for explaining, now  i recall that on the blog scene when Penny was refering to her financal advisor giving financial advice on how to invest her money. A percentage on bonds/stocks etc.  Financial planing basically.  I hope they dont get married in Vegas, they deserve to get married in a different setting.  I hope on S9 they put Lenny doing more things together, helping each other out.

• Like 1

thanks for explaining, now i recall that on the blog scene when Penny was refering to her financal advisor giving financial advice on how to invest her money. A percentage on bonds/stocks etc. Financial planing basically. I hope they dont get married in Vegas, they deserve to get married in a different setting. I hope on S9 they put Lenny doing more things together, helping each other out.

I think lenny will be fine. Don't think they are going to get married in vegas. Cause want it to be unique and special. Their love for each other will conquer this manor pip.
  • Like 2

I actually think they MIGHT get married in Vegas. First, they did the whole regular wedding (with Howard & Bernie), second it would fit in with the way the writers have diminished Lenny since the engagement, and third because it would clear the decks to make a big deal about Shamy's wedding (since they've emphasized Shamy, since Lenny got engaged). I'd rather they gave Lenny a nice wedding, but I'm just saying...

• Like 2

Upside - no Klingon. :)

ha! It's vegas. They could get a small "church" black tie wedding conducted by elvis entirely in klingon.
  • Like 3

ha! It's vegas. They could get a small "church" black tie wedding conducted by elvis entirely in klingon.

Believe me, there is no shortage of Elvis-themed chapels there. There are, in fact, several of them on Las Vegas Boulevard just north of the Stratosphere. The cheese factor is so high that your cholesterol will jump into the five digits just driving past them. :)

• Like 1

Sorry if I get this wrong, and as it's a re-enactment, it might be different in the actual footage and I don't even know if I'm remembering this right. But I believe Leonard said that she initiated it and he put a stop to it, but it's been bothering him this whole time and he just wanted to come clean.

Me thinks that it was really nothing and just a way for the writers to torment us over the summer.  Got to hand it to them.  They got us good!!

• Like 4

Believe me, there is no shortage of Elvis-themed chapels there. There are, in fact, several of them on Las Vegas Boulevard just north of the Stratosphere. The cheese factor is so high that your cholesterol will jump into the five digits just driving past them. :)

But we know that if it's an Elvis wedding, it isn't real.  ;)

• Like 6

I think several of us think Penny has secrets she hasn't told Leonard, like the credit card debt she hinted about once, so she might not be really mad at him about the kiss because of that. You know thinking about it, she could confess to him she was going to break up with him in season 6, that was pretty bad of her then. I could see Leonard calling off the Las Vegas thing because he overthinks and now wonders if she really loves him, is he really her 'POP TART'?

Edited by SRAM
  • Like 2

I think several of us think Penny has secrets she hasn't told Leonard, like the credit card debt she hinted about once, so she might not be really mad at him about the kiss because of that. You know thinking about it, she could confess to him she was going to break up with him in season 6, that was pretty bad of her then. I could see Leonard calling off the Las Vegas thing because he overthinks and now wonders if she really loves him, is he really her 'POP TART'?

I agree I've always thought that there is secret/secrets that Penny could be hiding from Leonard and if the writers decided to go there it will be worst than the kiss because it always is. Funny I have an unpublished fanfic about leonard finding out Penny wanting to break up with him in 6X.02. Edited by Tonstar17

I think it's hard to judge the scene without seeing it. Does she have a secret of kissing another guy when going out? I'm guessing not. I think she has secrets but it's hard to compare to what he did. It sounds like when he started to tell the story Penny thought the worst and he slept with someone.. She sounded upset but when he told her it was just an unsolicited? kiss that sounded better to her. I don't think she's happy with him just more understanding. I don't think this storyline is going to end with a Vegas wedding. A prediction for season 9. Leonard is going to tell Sheldon about the kiss and then Sheldon is going to tell Leonard about Penny almost breaking up with him. Edited by Chrismo

I think more and more Leonard and Penny will not get married until the Series Finale. I think season 9 will start with them in Las Vegas about to get married but  at the last second Penny changes her mind. They then return to Pasadena and decide to move in together permanently.  

The season 8 Finale was just another way to delay their wedding.

Sorry if I get this wrong, and as it's a re-enactment, it might be different in the actual footage and I don't even know if I'm remembering this right. But I believe Leonard said that she initiated it and he put a stop to it, but it's been bothering him this whole time and he just wanted to come clean.

If that was all there is to it, I would have to wonder why Leonard even brought it up, that is something to bring up and laugh about after you are married ten years while looking through old photos, not on the way to your wedding - It sounds like Leonard really doesn't want a Vegas wedding, and I can't really blame him for that.

• Like 1

Now THAT was a great, wonderful, old fashioned, fantastic Leonard & Penny episode!!!!!

8.22----best episode of the season! (For me!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 8

I think it was the best episode of the season I laughed through the whole program

i wouldn't say that on the episode thread. Some are starting to get sensitive there. Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3