The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Necessary evil, they wanted to show that both L & P were nervous about moving forward from engagement to wedding planning but they needed time to pass by to give the plot its necessary narrative weight. While I wasn't 100% thrilled about it, I feel both L & P being nervous about moving forward was in character when you consider the subtext in The First Pitch Insufficiency & The Expedition Approximation.

I get where you're coming from. But tptb alienating them is weird for the audience. Lenny are scared I know with being from different world's but they are stuck in a loop. Madly in love. That's why I'm always going to criticise and love them. :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I get where you're coming from. But tptb alienating them is weird for the audience. Lenny are scared I know with being from different world's but they are stuck in a loop. Madly in love. That's why I'm always going to criticise and love them. :)

Just don't stop believing in them. :give_rose:  :girlinlove:

• Like 2

Maybe Penny will get Leonard to agree to be on the Jerry Springer show and he can confess all

Yeah bring the girl from the boat too and it's all kicks off. Girl fight. Howard hold back leonard. I'll watch that. :)

• Like 3

Don't know why, but I've been getting a lot of emails for pharmaceuticals. One-named senders. Hoping to receive one from "Penny"...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 7

According to the instructions my new thermostat will enable intelligent conversation with the new boiler. Conversation with the previous one was extremely limited so I must say I'm looking forward to finding out what this one thinks on a variety of important subjects. Expecially on how it thinks lenny has been treated this season. ☺

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 3

Don't know why, but I've been getting a lot of emails for pharmaceuticals. One-named senders. Hoping to receive one from "Penny"...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

It sounds like you might be missing Penny and Leonard as much as I am and probably many other Lennies are too. I feel like I'm holding my breath for them. :icon_redface:  I've watched the Body Paint and Graduation episodes pretty often and  they are my new favorites because they are "grown-up" Lenny. No more almost teenagers, but more mature and committed. I think both Leonard and Penny are portrayed very favorably in these episodes (in contrast to other S 8 stinkers).  And Penny is really into Leonard in these episodes. She's thoughtful and interested and responsive. She teases but isn't snarky. She is very loving.  So how deliberate is the irony of the finale? To me, Penny finally seems to be so ready. She seems to have stopped worrying and doubting. And then she is hit with the kissing news. She's been jealous in the past, but she's never doubted Leonard's total devotion. So, I find myself wondering if it was bad writing and a cheap ploy for a cliffhanger, or was it a very deliberate ironic statement about Leonard's commitment and devotion? 

I keep going over it and looking at it from different angles and I'm still no closer to a good answer or solution. I find I'm a little antsy watching all the re-runs now because of what I know about their future drama.  Can't quite relax and enjoy them as much as I used to. So, I'm missing Penny and Leonard and I'm holding my breath for them and hoping for the best for them. And really hoping that the best is yet to come for them.

I'll start checking my e-mail for an ad for some " make it all better quick" pills from Penny. 

• Like 7

I hear you. Lenny have been through a lot in 8 years I remember the memories like it was yesterday. The laughters, the happiness and the pain of season 8. I really hope S9 brings us joy. Goodbye S8. You will not be missed apart from the little lenny moments we got.

My new boiler is hot. Just like Penny. :)

• Like 1

The big three have an option for S11 & maybe 12 but depends if the actors are willing to sign as their current contract runs out at the end of S10 but who knows what the clauses are.

hey money talks,

It sounds like you might be missing Penny and Leonard as much as I am and probably many other Lennies are too. I feel like I'm holding my breath for them. :icon_redface:  I've watched the Body Paint and Graduation episodes pretty often and  they are my new favorites because they are "grown-up" Lenny. No more almost teenagers, but more mature and committed. I think both Leonard and Penny are portrayed very favorably in these episodes (in contrast to other S 8 stinkers).  And Penny is really into Leonard in these episodes. She's thoughtful and interested and responsive. She teases but isn't snarky. She is very loving.  So how deliberate is the irony of the finale? To me, Penny finally seems to be so ready. She seems to have stopped worrying and doubting. And then she is hit with the kissing news. She's been jealous in the past, but she's never doubted Leonard's total devotion. So, I find myself wondering if it was bad writing and a cheap ploy for a cliffhanger, or was it a very deliberate ironic statement about Leonard's commitment and devotion? 

I keep going over it and looking at it from different angles and I'm still no closer to a good answer or solution. I find I'm a little antsy watching all the re-runs now because of what I know about their future drama.  Can't quite relax and enjoy them as much as I used to. So, I'm missing Penny and Leonard and I'm holding my breath for them and hoping for the best for them. And really hoping that the best is yet to come for them.

I'll start checking my e-mail for an ad for some " make it all better quick" pills from Penny. 

when is the new season upon us?  seems forever now.  cant wait to see our favorite couple again.  Leonard is the man, it took guts for him to tell Penny that the girl kissed him, he is a real man. GO LENNY :cool:

• Like 1

Guest sladenoddy

In my opinion it was bad writing and a cheap ploy for a cliffhanger as you said I think they (the scriptwriters) are just running out of ideas as S8E24 was just awful.