[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Yeah be cool if S8 began with a montage of Leonard and Penny spending the summer in 4a with no interruptions and distractions. I liked the scene at the end of the finalie of S7, when Penny and Leonard in less then no words, told Amy to take a hike haha. It showed them unified, like too see more of that. But S8 premiere well clearly be focused on Sheldon, Sheldon In jail sounds like well be the opener to S8.

Sheldon in jail that be funny. Wouldn't be the 1st time... The Sheldon Show is back. Yaaay... Can't wait. Honestly I think S8 will focus more on all the characters as a group & their relationships and less Sheldon escentric. Done that last season with his growth, time to move on.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

Sheldon in jail that be funny. Wouldn't be the 1st time... The Sheldon Show is back. Yaaay... Can't wait. Honestly I think S8 will focus more on all the characters as a group & their relationships and less Sheldon escentric. Done that last season with his growth, time to move on.

Are you being sarcastic, or are you being sincere :p. Yes I Think the whole point of status quo in the finalie of S7, was not only living arrangements changing, but also individual and group dynamics. But you have been seeing that since Season 6, less group hang outs and more one on one couple dinners, hang outs e.t.c. I think the whole point of S7 Finalie, was Sheldon realizing he has no choice but to embrace the change, and things won't be on his terms all the time from now on. So I think Big Bang in S8 well be more focused on all the characters and their relationships, and also the friendships.

Edited by 3ku11

Yeah, I was. Lol. But S8. can't wait. So much to explore and character development. Should be a blast. Sheldon's change will be interesting to see but I think it will be small. Looking forward to see how it will impact lenny & how they will handle the new Sheldon & hopefully Lenny will be more assertive & spend more time together & not worrying about Sheldon.thats amy's job. Seriously It's getting old now. Lenny needs to be free & Amy needs some love. :)

Yeah, I was. Lol. But S8. can't wait. So much to explore and character development. Should be a blast. Sheldon's change will be interesting to see but I think it will be small. Looking forward to see how it will impact lenny & how they will handle the new Sheldon & hopefully Lenny will be more assertive & spend more time together & not worrying about Sheldon.thats amy's job. Seriously It's getting old now. Lenny needs to be free & Amy needs some love. :)

I agree, that some changes would be welcome (and over due). Unfortunately since BBT is so popular they'll probably make as few changes as possible.

I can see Leonard and Penny's engagement causing Sheldon to be even more of a big baby in the future. Since everything revolves around him, in his mind, Leonard and Penny being more concerned in their future together, that does not include him, is just going to make things worse. I don't think they are going to make any major changes in the Sheldon character, because he is not funny unless he acts crazy, the character is very one dimensional, so they will direct his craziness towards Lenny. Lenny are going to have to navigate through Sheldon, Penny's career and her fears, this season.

Is Penny's new career for the long haul? or just a two episode thing and the writers have her again doing more auditions?  And the living arrangements will stay status quo until mid S9.  One thing I want to see is Leonard protecting his girl when Sheldon says stupid banter towards Penny.  Sheldon's comment regarding Leonard protecting Penny's virginity when he says, " If that ship hit an iceberg, countless men would parish. "   it was funny but insulting, any normal guy would not let someone else say such comment regarding his fiancée. For comedic affect, it worked.

I can see Leonard and Penny's engagement causing Sheldon to be even more of a big baby in the future. Since everything revolves around him, in his mind, Leonard and Penny being more concerned in their future together, that does not include him, is just going to make things worse. I don't think they are going to make any major changes in the Sheldon character, because he is not funny unless he acts crazy, the character is very one dimensional, so they will direct his craziness towards Lenny. Lenny are going to have to navigate through Sheldon, Penny's career and her fears, this season.

While I mainly agree with your evaluation, I disagree about one thing. After watching the entire series in the last couple of weeks, I think Sheldon was better in the beginning. Now he's just a pain.

• Like 6

I don't think Penny's career as a Pharm Rep is for the long haul. It is a story arch, a multiple story arch, that is most likely a plot device to a story line. This well cause a power shift in their relationship, and their well be a struggle their. If Penny ends up making more money then Leonard, it could cause some conflict, but nothing detrimental just to shake things up, and keep viewers invested. I do hope they don't bring back whiny Leonard, or insecure Leonard, I hope he understands this is something she needs to do to one find a sense of autonomy, but gain some sense of self worth and success. Obviousley Leonard has always been insecure about the better looking and richer guys Penny dated, but as she has most likely out grown those types, and choose Leonard, their is no evidence or reason why Leonard should feel a shift in his central equilibrium. This well give Penny some self confidence that she deserves more than anyone in the show tbh, who knows acting may go some where, but hot blonde next door aspiring actress is no longer realistic, Penny getting real about her life is more relevant.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

I just want to say my partner has earned north of me and south of me and it makes little difference. I still don't do enough of the housework. This will not be Leonard's problem, but it'll be funny if he withdraws his pre-marital comforts because Penny becomes difficult. Imagine him sulking. That'd be different. All to be revealed soon. Yay.

• Like 2

Yeah I don't think their well be a struggle in terms of making money, more of a power struggle. Leonard is used to being the provider in a way, so Penny being on a common ground, could change dynamics some what.

I think the idea of this being a limited story arc makes sense. Penny could have immediate success due to her perkiness and looks, making lots of money. However after a couple episodes it all goes downhill when all the men that are helping her and buying stuff realize she really is loyal to Leonard and won't sleep with them. That would give them a few episodes of conflict, like her spending too much at first while Leonard suggested she save, Leonard realizing guys are hitting on her and her not seeing it, and her getting a little big headed about it all, to name a couple.

As an example, I would think it would be funny to see Leonard walk into her apartment to find her surrounded by shoe boxes. He would suggest she should not spend that much and save more, in case this is a temporary thing. She would accuse him of not thinking she was not really good at something and that the money wouldn't just keep coming it, then let the fireworks begin.

• Like 4

I hope we get some lenny alone time & doing couple thingys :). With most of the people going to the taping are Shamy fans, they probably wouldn't remember most of the lenny moments. :)

• Like 2

Well, we now know that Penny will have short hair. She posted an IG video of the cast, just before introductions, she has short hair.

Good to know we got an answer to that.

So looks like the cut is already happened when the season begins, and will probably get a mention. Was hoping she had her hair cut within the episode, but no biggie.

Aww cool, I wonder what Sheldon thinks of it, seeing as hes hasn't seen it until his return.

In the taping report it will be more detailed but basically he says "I think I can deal with anything now". See her new hair cut and calls out the new do and says "I'm leaving".

I'm a little surprised Penny got the job already in the first episode, but I like how she got it, bonding with the interviewer on their common fear of Bernadette. I sort of think the first problem we'll see is Penny being overwhelmed with the new work and Leonard trying to comfort her, then saying something stupid like maybe she took on more than she was able to handle, pissing her off and making her want to succeed. Of course he will say she didn't take what he said in the right context and she will forgive him by the end of the episode. But when she make lots of money, in a later episode, she'll rub it in his face and that will cause more conflict. I'm seeing season 8 as Penny and Leonard adjusting to each other and being more themselves around each other, not trying so hard to impress each other. Leonard will not kiss Penny's butt so much and we are going to see more sloppy Penny, like the fish guts episode.

So Lenny still babysitting Sheldon. I hope the ploy here is to slowly hand over responsibilities to Amy. He calls Leonard instead of Amy to come pick him up. Then Penny has to go after him because he leaves when he noticed her new hairdo. They can't catch a break, can they? Well a least Lenny got to spend 45 days (Sheldon Free) enjoying there engagement. But like always, good things comes to an end.

#FREELENNY

• Like 3

Well we did get what we wanted, Leonard and Penny nesting in 4a acting like a married couple. I wonder if them being comfortable nesting in 4a is an omen of things to come in this season.

• Like 4

Yeah.. I guess we did get what we wanted. Just wasn't long enough IMO. They are also in a good place right now. Lenny are going to have conflicts, but they be manor and as we saw in S7, they will work through them because love always trumps. :)

• Like 3

The thing is, the more they show them nesting and make them look like a married couple, the more strange it seems that they are not married. If TPTB are not going to break them up, then the conflict between them as an engaged couple can be almost the same as a married couple.

• Like 1