[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

The thing is, the more they show them nesting and make them look like a married couple, the more strange it seems that they are not married. If TPTB are not going to break them up, then the conflict between them as an engaged couple can be almost the same as a married couple.

TPTB are going to delay the marriage as long as they can as they still got 3 seasons to go, it's a shame because I would love to see Lenny married this season. I get they need to delay It for a while.and yes they do act like they are married. It wonderful to see them act so mature and to us, Lenny are practically married anyway, just waiting for it to be official. :)
  • Like 2

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

TPTB are going to delay the marriage as long as they can as they still got 3 seasons to go, it's a shame because I would love to see Lenny married this season. I get they need to delay It for a while.and yes they do act like they are married. It wonderful to see them act so mature and to us, Lenny are practically married anyway, just waiting for it to be official. :)

I just don't want Leonard to be pathetic with her. Last season, after Penny's drunk proposal, the next episode, when Penny told him she wasn't breaking up with him, his response was more pathetic then funny. I just want them to get married so we stop getting that from the writers, I like it when they both have confidence in each other.

• Like 1

I just don't want Leonard to be pathetic with her. Last season, after Penny's drunk proposal, the next episode, when Penny told him she wasn't breaking up with him, his response was more pathetic then funny. I just want them to get married so we stop getting that from the writers, I like it when they both have confidence in each other.

Me too. It's not healthy. No matter how assertive Leonard's gets & stands up to Penny he still regresses when he thinks penny is going to break up with him. I think this is down to his insecurities & being brought up in a loveless environment. penny wants leonard to always see her as perfect & she gets angry if leonard criticises her or not supporting her, Leonard on the other hand is also scared of losing her love to someone taller & is always going to question her love for him.
  • Like 1

Well we did get what we wanted, Leonard and Penny nesting in 4a acting like a married couple. I wonder if them being comfortable nesting in 4a is an omen of things to come in this season.

I have low expectations of movement but I do see lots of opportunities for the three of them to bounce around off each other and run around in place. I am going to expect Penny to drag the chain, Leonard to be tugging on the chain and Sheldon to be hamming down on the stake that holds the chain in place... until s10 - ep 24. I do want some more joy for L/P in that time. Corporate Penny has lots of opportunities for laughs. Leonard as the house mother...hmmm. I hope they give him and her some things to do together, as well as domesticity.

Leonard has no reason to worry about Penny breaking up with him any more, so I expect they will bring up his baseless insecurities from time to time and mock him for them. That's fine with me, as long as she doesn't get blasé about reassuring the little needy beggar.

edit: Doubled up post. Oops

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

I think Penny getting a job serves three purposes. One is to delay an eventual wedding. The second to explain (especially to fans) that she finally has an income. the third which is part of the first is a possibly future storyline which I am sure will cause a conflict. I don't think this sales job will be her final job.

• Like 4

Funny everytime Leonard is passive aggressive or whiny, it makes me invest in his character. I mean their is no evidence to suggest he is a staunch mans man. I mean he has become more assertive over the seasons, but his background and past behaviour still predates future behaviour. He was raised in a loveless environement, so as above said he may feel he is not worthy of true love. And Penny has a sense of idealism, she wants Leonard to always see her as perfect, so she gets angry at him if he doesn't. Penny clearly has deep seeded insecurities, so I didn't see that job interview as her being ditzy, it could be how the writers portrayed it. But more her being nervous, and being her adorable self, Penny is inadvertently charming, not just good looks its her personality like Kaley. I think this plot change well give Penny a sense of autonomy, a sense of self worth e.t.c. It well cause conflict, just in terms of the power shift in their relationship, like SRAM said I can imagine Leonard coming home to boxes of shoes, and them having an argument over Leonard suggesting to Penny she should manage her finances better. Penny well argue shes never had this much money, so what's the problem. I think Lenny have very different ideals and values in terms of that. But what I saw in the TR, was them as a team, unified, like they have entered end game early in the series, they feel very nested. Although lets hope they don't go all nitted sweaters, and tea, and watching chick flicks haha, that's not really Big Bang. They are maturing but I hope they realize they are not 100, basically more paintball and more road trips! Maybe a Lenny roadtrip episode, I like what I saw with S8 very strong start. not much to do with Shamy but the episode it self as an ensemble sounds really funny.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

sounds awesome, I cant wait for the start of S8.  Lets hope Lenny  do more things together.

I think the pharma job is not permanent.

I agree, I think after the newness wears off, Penny will start dreaming of acting again because that is her passion. I actually expect her to start sneaking auditions in while she has the sales job, not because of Leonard, but because she is afraid of what Bernadette will think and do.

Well this may be also a plot device to make Penny realize acting is her true passion. Before ppl speculated is acting really her true passion, kno one can ask S1 Penny she wont open the door lol. But with S8 Penny revaulted her life choices. This limited pharm rep angle well give her self worth, but her inclining for acting well return. This most likely well give her the neccessary drive she was missing. I always felt she was more passionate about stardom and fame as a 20 yr old. Now shes a bit older shes come to kno the pitfalls, and without any real calling card shes been typed cast. Maybe the new do well help i hope.

I just read another taping report, with more actual dialogue, and I couldn't be happier on how Lenny was presented. The beginning scene of them infers them nesting and they act like a very committed couple, and the last scenes carry on the couple theme. I also thought the job interview parts with Penny were great, she is nervous and scared, actually vulnerable, which is a part of Penny we don't get to see much, I bet the actual scenes will be adorable. I think this first episode is a big warm fuzzy for Lenny shippers.

• Like 9

I just read another taping report, with more actual dialogue, and I couldn't be happier on how Lenny was presented. The beginning scene of them infers them nesting and they act like a very committed couple, and the last scenes carry on the couple theme. I also thought the job interview parts with Penny were great, she is nervous and scared, actually vulnerable, which is a part of Penny we don't get to see much, I bet the actual scenes will be adorable. I think this first episode is a big warm fuzzy for Lenny shippers.

You say you read another taping report. Link please.

I can see tensions between Lenny as early as 8.02. (Don't hate me, hate the writers) it's already being implied that all is not going to be a smooth ride for Lenny.With Penny becoming a pharma sales rep, I hope she doesn't get all big headed & takes leonard for granted. I want to see leonard stand his ground and not back down when the conflicts begins. I also don't want the writers dragging this on & on. With all the money penny is going to earn, I hope she remembers not to let the things she wants & now have with the new found job/confidences, cloud her opinion of what Leonard means to her.

Samsung Note3

I can see tensions between Lenny as early as 8.02. (Don't hate me, hate the writers) it's already being implied that all is not going to be a smooth ride for Lenny.With Penny becoming a pharma sales rep, I hope she doesn't get all big headed & takes leonard for granted. I want to see leonard stand his ground and not back down when the conflicts begins. I also don't want the writers dragging this on & on. With all the money penny is going to earn, I hope she remembers not to let the things she wants & now have with the new found job/confidences, cloud her opinion of what Leonard means to her.

Samsung Note3

It was also implied that the "proposal scorecard" would be an ongoing thing and as I've pointed out before, that lasted all of one episode. I wouldn't put too much stock in what is said to the press, it seems to me there are a lot of red herrings thrown out.

• Like 2

It was also implied that the "proposal scorecard" would be an ongoing thing and as I've pointed out before, that lasted all of one episode. I wouldn't put too much stock in what is said to the press, it seems to me there are a lot of red herrings thrown out.

Yeah, remember the comments prior to season six about how rocky the L/P relationship was going to get?  After the first two episodes, it was "start the episode with a know problem, then spend the episode fixing the problem.  All "rocky" did in season six was to drive them closer.  

• Like 3

Samsung Note3

I can see tensions, but I really hope they don't have Penny questioning her commitment to Leonard, that would make her character seem very shallow and not the nice girl she is suppose to be.  I think the big difference this season is they are engaged, so they will have a little more confidence in each other.  I however can see customers hitting on her and if she makes a lot of money her going overboard with it, causing a few fights.

Funny how people always speculate Penny may doubt her commitment to Leonard, not that their is any evidence of that happening, Leonard is the best boyfriend Penny has ever had and she knows it. But has anyone ever considered Leonard may doubt Penny? I mean if anything it would be a refreshing change.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Funny how people always speculate Penny may doubt her commitment to Leonard, not that their is any evidence of that happening, Leonard is the best boyfriend Penny has ever had and she knows it. But has anyone ever considered Leonard may doubt Penny? I mean if anything it would be a refreshing change.

I think the paradigm now should be "we have this weird thing, now how does it work". I can't see them pinning a scarlet letter on either of these lovable leads. But stupid is available.  Love makes them do stupid things and then forgive stupid things. Leonard never beat up Penny and she rescued him from Priya. Raj can be messed with now, without great penalty. Someone quoted The Dick Van Dyke show as a good model for these two. I'm not quite old enough to remember that well but I dont think these two are designed for playing games of sexual politics. So I am not worried at all about the ties breaking - just that  they will put the tension on them from time to time. Roller coaster - yes,  jumping off cliff - no.

• Like 2

I agree Nogravitasatall, it will not be all roses for Lenny towards their wedding.  I hope all that money Penny will make off the pharm sell job, will not cloud  her vision and expectations.  Money can make people do stupid things.  Deep down, Leonard is always extremely scared in loosing Penny.he has no reason for that. She will have to remind him from time to time that she loves him.  So hopefully his insecurities don't creep to his head.

This might be more Shamy related, so m apologies in advance.  I read a comment on another thread that most people attending the tapings are Shamys? I would have thought it would be half Lenny Half Shamy.

Actually I think their is more evidence to suggest the past couple of seasons that Penny deep down is afraid of loosing Leonard. Leonard has no reason to be afraid of loosing Penny, why would he? Leonard offers more to their relationship now then he did back in the early days. Penny now needs to step up and contribute. Back in the day I feel Leonard was insecure as most nerds are of better looking guys with big muscles. But now I think Penny is scared of loosing Leonard to someone smarter and more intelligent and successful then she is, Priya. Alex e.t.c. Were all plot devices. You have seen a shift in dynamics in recent seasons. Most of the conflict like I said well come down to the power shift, most likely due to do with finances. The writers play fast and loose with the word "Conflict". They said Season 6 well be rocky, but it ended up being one episode where Penny doubted her relationship with Leonard, then Bernadette suggested to her, you would get more out of the relationship if you put more in. So that lead to that great scene where Penny realized she is in love with Leonard. Most likely the same thing.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

The writers do it on purpose to create intusiasm amongst the fans, weather the fans are Lennys, Shamys , etc. They throw red herrings to the audience, they did it on every season. They tend not to focus on the same topic for more than two episodes.  Case in point, the table episode; the table is gone, what happen to it.  I can see half of S8 being more Shamy focused and the Raj/Emily taking a lot scenes for S8. S9 I think is going to be mostly Lenny centric with their wedding preparations, and wedding happening in May of S9. S10 Shamy's wedding occurring. And if there are plans for children, then that will happen on S10.  Sorry everyone for dipping in S9 and S10 views. The sweet thing about Lenny is how they just look at each other, and it shows their love for each other is extremely strong, and really adorable how they work things together, they look like a married couple already.  I said it before, finances are just one of the may components in a relationship.  So if Penny will make a lot of money off the pharm job thing, I m sure Leonard will be okay with it. He might advise Penny to save her earnings or keep an eye on her expenses.   I could see Penny getting pissed of at him about it, but that is who Penny is, she can be temperamental for a moment but then all is forgotten, they might argue about it but in the end they will kiss and make up. GO LENNY :kissing:. She is very  sweet and caring, shame how the writers sometimes portray her in the wrong way.