[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

The writers do it on purpose to create intusiasm amongst the fans, weather the fans are Lennys, Shamys , etc. They throw red herrings to the audience, they did it on every season. They tend not to focus on the same topic for more than two episodes.  Case in point, the table episode; the table is gone, what happen to it.  I can see half of S8 being more Shamy focused and the Raj/Emily taking a lot scenes for S8. S9 I think is going to be mostly Lenny centric with their wedding preparations, and wedding happening in May of S9. S10 Shamy's wedding occurring. And if there are plans for children, then that will happen on S10.  Sorry everyone for dipping in S9 and S10 views. The sweet thing about Lenny is how they just look at each other, and it shows their love for each other is extremely strong, and really adorable how they work things together, they look like a married couple already.  I said it before, finances are just one of the may components in a relationship.  So if Penny will make a lot of money off the pharm job thing, I m sure Leonard will be okay with it. He might advise Penny to save her earnings or keep an eye on her expenses.   I could see Penny getting pissed of at him about it, but that is who Penny is, she can be temperamental for a moment but then all is forgotten, they might argue about it but in the end they will kiss and make up. GO LENNY :kissing:. She is very  sweet and caring, shame how the writers sometimes portray her in the wrong way.

Mmm maybe for another thread, but No to Shamy wedding in S10 or any of the couples really, final should focus on the ensemble. Going off what the writers said sounds like they don't have any plans for kids, maybe ever but who knows.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

I think it was Bangermain said it.

What I've said in the past and it is still true is that the writers now write L/P as the classic sitcom married couple since mid-season 6. We don't doubt their commitment to each other and their interaction is shown to be resolving issues that are more external in nature. Something happends to one of them, like Penny getting a job or Sheldon does not like not having Leonard's undivided attention and we see how this effects both of them.

Less and less of the show has to do with how L/P are handling internal friction due to their diverse personalities. We just assume they will handle that now after seven years.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 4

I could really enjoy the Lenny parts if it was them dealing with problems as a team, I really enjoyed the tenure episode for just that reason. I hope they reserve the internal conflict to normal couple conflict like money or you need to pick up after yourself (Penny being the slob) then any soul ripping stuff, like you don't support my dreams. I also like that since they are engaged, the writers can keep them around each other most of the time and it seems normal, it won't seem weird if every morning Penny and Leonard are together, so we'll get them drinking coffee together and burning French toast side by side. I also think Penny practically living with Leonard and being around all the time, will provide Sheldon with a source of change to bring him closer to Amy. Penny will offer more advice, with Leonard telling Sheldon she is right, plus Amy will have a good excuse to come over more because her bestie lives there now part time (I think they will bounce between the apartments).

Them together offers new sources of comedy to the writers, like small things couples like to argue about, but with the added humor of Sheldon getting in the middle of it to offer his unique advice. I could see Penny moving some of her stuff to Leonard's and Leonard moving stuff to Penny's. Sheldon then having to deal with girl stuff in the bathroom, finding Penny's clothes left in the living room and the general chaos she will bring to the order he has set in his life that poor Leonard has always tried to deal with, but now has Penny to help him.

• Like 1

Yeah you're right, Banger. Sitcom marriages are rarely like romance novel wedded bliss. From Lucy and Ricky (I love Lucy ) and Ralph and Alice (Honeymooners) in the fifties through to Samantha and Darren ( Bewitched) , Archie and Edith ( All in the family), Howard and Marion(Happy Days) , Roseanne and Dan, Al and Peg, Tim and Jill, Phil and Claire and Homer and Marge, sitcom couples have always been sarcastic and snarky towards each other, always having issues to deal with but finish the episode with problem solved ready for the next fight next week. Let's face it, marriage isn't funny( or real ) without the fights ( the first question our priest asked us before we discussed our wedding was do you argue- if we answered no he wasn't going to marry us!)

While during their doubtful times, every little drama Lenny had was met with concerned ' oh not, they're gonna break them up again' trauma from some Lennies, it should be now just accepted as part of their weekly interaction. I know some didn't like the lack of warmth and angst between them in the middle of Season 7 and celebrated the Proton funeral moments ( me included) there's only so much comedy you can get from hugs and kisses on the couch!

• Like 2

It is not the conflict that I think anyone is concerned about, conflict is funny.  What I think no one wants though is situations were they go backwards and hint at breaking up.  Conflict that doesn't go into those areas is fine and expected.  There are new sources of conflict available too, Leonard and Penny acting like a team against Sheldon and  the other couples (like the Tenure episode), her new job and making more money than Leonard, and the pressure of getting things done for the wedding, to name a few.  We just don't want them to fight and doubt that they should be together or either of them to doubt that the other doesn't want them.

• Like 2

One of the reasons I like the Lenny relationship and identify with it more than the others ( although I don't consider myself a Lenny shipper) is that their relationship mirrors my marriage a lot. 22 years on, we still have " so you like your friends more than me" and "well if you feel like that let's get the divorce papers written up" arguments. By the end of the night, we are lying in bed ( without a TV camera hovering above us

• Like 7

Itwasdestined,

Thanks for my new recurring night mare: I tune in on Sept. 22nd to find my sweet, smart, politically correct,passioate,romantic,adorable and loving Strawberry PopTart sititing in a disgusting Lazy-Boy lounge chair, looking like Archie Bunker, telling Penny to stifle and  bring him a beer. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• Like 1

Itwasdestined,

Thanks for my new recurring night mare: I tune in on Sept. 22nd to find my sweet, smart, politically correct,passioate,romantic,adorable and loving Strawberry PopTart sititing in a disgusting Lazy-Boy lounge chair, looking like Archie Bunker, telling Penny to stifle and  bring him a beer. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sorry Poptart. Try and picture him more like Phil Dunphy copping it from Clare ! ( if you're into Modern Family that is) Penny is no Edith Bunker! It'll be more likely the reverse - Leonard fetching the beer for Penny at half time during the Nebraska game!

• Like 1

I'm very happy to here that Penny will be getting a job as a sales rep. I only hope that it's not written in a way which shows her winning over clients by wearing low cut tops and short skirts... I really want her to succeed at this job because she's good at it rather than relying on her looks.. Just my thoughts.

• Like 5

I'm very happy to here that Penny will be getting a job as a sales rep. I only hope that it's not written in a way which shows her winning over clients by wearing low cut tops and short skirts... I really want her to succeed at this job because she's good at it rather than relying on her looks.. Just my thoughts.

I second that.

Samsung Note3

• Like 2

It is not the conflict that I think anyone is concerned about, conflict is funny.  What I think no one wants though is situations were they go backwards and hint at breaking up.  Conflict that doesn't go into those areas is fine and expected.  There are new sources of conflict available too, Leonard and Penny acting like a team against Sheldon and  the other couples (like the Tenure episode), her new job and making more money than Leonard, and the pressure of getting things done for the wedding, to name a few.  We just don't want them to fight and doubt that they should be together or either of them to doubt that the other doesn't want them.

Exactly, I don't mind the conflict, but I think they (the writers) have to respect the characters, and not make them go back. There should always be conflict because,as SRAM says, conflict is funny,they just need to derive it from different situations, and not so much the struggle between them. In 7 years, Lenny have achieved a degree of closeness and emotional maturity that shouldn't be thrown away in an instant for a cheap smile. Besides, at least for me , when I seem them regress, it appears more pathetic than funny.

• Like 2

I could see Lenny helping Sheldon in getting closer to Amy, makes perfect sense.  With Penny with Leonard's apartment most of time; that gives Amy more excuses to see her bestie, but to really see Sheldon.  The other day I saw the episode when Alex hit on Leonard and Penny showed first time that she has insecurities too to the astonishment of Leonard. 

Just being looking up what a

pharmaceutical-sales-representative does. It's a lot of info to remember, if Penny pulls this off. It will proof once & for all that penny is not as dumb as the writers sometimes make her.

Here is a link on what she will have to do.

http://www.innerbody.com/careers-in-health/pharmacy/how-to-become-a-pharmaceutical-sales-representative.html

Edit. Wow. The pay is pretty good & long hours, could see why there will be some conflicts.

Samsung Note3

Edited by Tonstar17

I don't think the writes have ever portrayed Penny as dumb. They just make her look really naïve a lot of the time. In the early years she was so street smart, and socially smart. That ep in S2 when she was making her blossom things, then in S7 with that glue thing they really portrayed her as dumb in some form. Penny is smart, it is just the writers prefer for the sake of comedy not to highlight it, wish they would though, it would be refreshing.

They do quite a lot & it's all for comic relief, but I do agree it will be a nice change to see smart penny again. I just hope they let her succeed. I hope this is not the end of penny's acting career tho. I see the writers keeping penny as a pharma rep for awhile. I want her to be good at it & proof to her friends that she can be successful, & not go back to the bad days of 'I am terrible at my job'.

:)

Samsung Note3

Edited by Tonstar17

I don't think the writes have ever portrayed Penny as dumb. They just make her look really naïve a lot of the time. In the early years she was so street smart, and socially smart. That ep in S2 when she was making her blossom things, then in S7 with that glue thing they really portrayed her as dumb in some form. Penny is smart, it is just the writers prefer for the sake of comedy not to highlight it, wish they would though, it would be refreshing.

The writers like to portray Penny as intellectually intimidated and lazy. She has found in her life that there is no need to develope a knowlege base or skills because she does not need to with her stunning beauty. She feels intimidated around multi-degreed friends with no hope of matching them with intellectual acumen so she does not try. And if her future husband makes the mistake of inadvertantly making her feel inferior, he gets punished.

I hope that they will have Penny actually try and succeed at improving her education and base of knowlege. Her new job will require it if they attempt to be at all realistic. It would be fun seeing Leonard helping Penny with understanding the metric weight system, which she will need in her pharma sales job. And in real life Penny would be required to get her degree, so she should be going to college, at least online.

The dumb, slutty blond jokes should be a thing of the past. I never found them funny wheter they were told by Sheldon or the insecure Penny.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 2

The dumb, slutty blond jokes are now in the trash can with the Leonard tries really hard jokes.

Slutty part yes, dumb I'm not convinced yet. I want to see the first few episodes before I'm ready to accept the writers are ready for a new line of jokes for Penny. Bikini car wash and Bernadette being unable to think of three good selling points for Penny were just little hints the writers haven't quite put them in the trash just yet. I'm hopeful but not confident. Depends on how convincing they want this pharmacy rep job to be. She's gonna need more than a quick online course to bring any sense of reality to the premise. But then it's a sitcom so they don't need realism.

• Like 1

Hopefully this is what molaro meant by the job will help penny deal with her insecurities & gain ènough confidence to excel in her new role & penny can start believing in herself and not constantly puting herself down.

Samsung Note3

• Like 1

Hopefully this is what molaro meant by the job will help penny deal with her insecurities & gain ènough confidence to excel in her new role & penny can start believing in herself and not constantly puting herself down.

Samsung Note3

I do see this happening. I really think she will eventually excel at pharm sales (but I have friends who do it and flirting does help).

And once she does well on her own her confidence will increase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk