[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

If they're going to throw conflict at them, let's hope it's season six conflicts. You know, conflict at the beginning and then the a sweet moment to end of the episode.

TBH. I rather no conflicts at all but this is lenny we are talking about, so the road is going to be rough. Yeah S6 conflicts, Leonard had a back bone & stood up to Penny.I loved that about S6. I hope he does the same this time round and not let her get away with stuff or penny will just walk all over him. I did enjoy their bickering in S7 too. L/P were funny.. They didn't get mad at each other because they knew when it was banter and not a fight. That's how far they have come to understanding and reading each other perfectly. Oh my God, they are... an old married couple. ☺

Samsung Note3

• Like 1

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

I dont think using their current living arrangements as any kind of clue or indicator as Lenny being attached at the hip, i mean they havent lived together in 7 seasons (they nearly did in S2). So considering how close they were at the end of s7, nothing has really changed in terms of where they live, looks like its still between 4a and 4b, so wont have any adverse effect on their closeness Its good tho that they have their own independence in their relationship, and with Sheldon returning after a pointless trip, where nothing really changed. The writers well be resisting any real change tbh the focus well be fixing the Shamy relationship before anything else changes. And as much as i can see Penny

leaving for the summer, seeing it has become a tradition in Big Bang, like they drag out the Pharm rep angle half the season,then once Penny gets bored after buying tons of shoes :p. Acting is brought back up, Penny finds out from her agent Serial Apist has become an online/cult hit, and your the star, Lenny have a sweet moment, im finnally a working actress! So like some said Serial Apist takes off and gets a budget, or she gets a great offer and has to shoot on location for the summer. Writers dont seem any plans on bringing serial apist back, other then that trailer haha, but i have a feeling this pharm rep plot is a plot device to a storyline. I do to like the balance when it comes to conflict, conflict at begginning then sweet moments at end, vd ep s6 was a perfect example of that.

I agree the focus will be Shamy for a few episodes but I don't think they need fixing, they are fine. I just hope we get lots of lenny moments & not left in the background & then focus on Penny's new job with the conflicts it will bring. I think they do need to talk about living arrangements, knowing Leonard he is going to bring it up and it's within his right to do so. The only time I would like to see penny go away for the summer will be to shoot a movies maybe Serial Apist 3 if 2 becomes a cult hit like you said. Or Lenny going on their honeymoon. Dreamy.

Samsung Note3

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 1

I'm excited about Penny having unexpected success. That it happens doesn't have to be completely plausible, as long as its funny and makes some kind of twisted sense. And I'm not worried about Leonard, though he may get snarky. I'm looking forward to Penny having Leonard on her arm as the handbag. And nobody saw this coming, which I also like.

I just keep thinking of Lenny in season 3, Penny would be in the kitchen in the morning because she slept with him, they broke the bed and they seemed to be with each other every night. We don't need to see them in bed as much as season 3, but it would be nice if it was inferred that they were with each other each night, now that they are engaged. And now when we see Sheldon taking to Leonard in the apartment, I would like to see Penny there with him most of the time.

Alot of that was to do with Lenny being in the honey moon phase. So alot of the early stages of their relationship was physical, fun, enjoying a phase that was elementary to what happened later on. Obviousley when Leonard dropped the l bomb, things got too real for Penny. Where as now Leonard is not the lonely nerd getting the hot chick, and Penny aint seeing Leonard as an experiment. Your actually seeing Pennys insecurities come to the forefeont. So they are equals now, and ive actually enjoyed seeing Leonard being self assured in their relationship. Point is i think the reason why it was inferred they were together every night, because they were in the early phases in their relationship, so the dynamics represented that. Since s5 their relationship has evolved. But i gotta say i really really miss Lenny pilow talk. So i agree they are not old, so love to see more eps Lenny in the morning, really highlight and sell they are nested and together. The s3 ep with Penny dancing in Leonards shirt, and then Sheldon dishing Pennys pancakes in the bin is prob still my all time fav scene from Big Bang. Less growing, more absurd comedy ;).

Penny dancing around in the morning sort of represented how good they were together, instead of her waking up, after clubbing, needing aspirin and hoping Luther wasn't next to her, she work up feeling good with Leonard. It was like her life entered a new phase being around him.

I always thought the three of them was funnier than just Sheldon and Leonard. Sheldon will make some stupid remark or demand and Leonard would get aggravated and either do it unwillingly or argue with him, Penny would add her street smart wit to their conversations, by letting Sheldon know the level of crazy he was entering or giving Leonard the backup to flat out tell Sheldon no. That is why I want them 'joined at the hip' now that they are engaged, the three of them are just funnier together. We also need an episode where Penny and Sheldon fight over the relationship agreement, because they are living together and he wants her to sign.

• Like 2

That sounds like vintage big bang to me, and while theirs always been great comedy in Sheldon playing hypnotenuse between Lenny. Status quo has changed, so while i still want the big three together and Lenny attached at the hip, probably not Lenny in 4a. I mean Sheldon needs to learn to be self independent, and eventually reliant on Amy. That wont happen if Lenny are hanging around all the time. But i do want Lenny in 4a and their is comedy with Sheldon involved, but it wld feel like Sheldons the third wheel, so not to the extent they are attached to the hip. Rather see more comedy of Lenny preparing their room, Penny makes it all girly, Penny makes the bathroom all girly, Sheldon has a major problem haha. So comedy with Lenny and Sheldon by extension, but not primarily. Tbh i can see Penny move in with Leonard, then Leonard with Penny. They are clearly resisting change with Sheldon and Amy for now, so Penny moving into 4a makes sense.

Edited by 3ku11

I don't mind some degree of conflict, perhaps even a major fight occurring once in the season so long as they communicate with each other soon afterwards, resolve any difference of opinion and come out stronger. Never go to bed on an argument is my motto.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That sounds like vintage big bang to me, and while theirs always been great comedy in Sheldon playing hypnotenuse between Lenny. Status quo has changed, so while i still want the big three together and Lenny attached at the hip, probably not Lenny in 4a. I mean Sheldon needs to learn to be self independent, and eventually reliant on Amy. That wont happen if Lenny are hanging around all the time. But i do want Lenny in 4a and their is comedy with Sheldon involved, but it wld feel like Sheldons the third wheel, so not to the extent they are attached to the hip. Rather see more comedy of Lenny preparing their room, Penny makes it all girly, Penny makes the bathroom all girly, Sheldon has a major problem haha. So comedy with Lenny and Sheldon by extension, but not primarily. Tbh i can see Penny move in with Leonard, then Leonard with Penny. They are clearly resisting change with Sheldon and Amy for now, so Penny moving into 4a makes sense.

LOL, you made me picture Sheldon, coming out of the bathroom, yelling 'LEONARD' while he has in the grasping arm, the one he used to try and get the ring chain off Penny's neck in season 3, with a pair of Victoria Secret thongs held on it. Penny grabbing them, of course, and telling him they had to be hand washed in the sink.

• Like 3

Happy Taping Day, people! I hope we get more Lenny interaction in this one. I'm sure their scenes together in the first one will be cute when we see them on screen, but it was a little too Sheldon-heavy for me to get overly excited about. I'd like to see little signs of co-habitation in the background. You know, some of Penny's stuff in 4A and some of Leonard's in 4B. That sort of thing.

Edited by gsxdoug
  • Like 3

Yeh i hope theirs some Lenny centric scenes. Could be wishfu thinking, hope Lenny pillow talk, or paint the picture Penny is living with Leonard, in the morning she is making breakfest .

I think the writers still want to give major time to Sheldon so he can an sort out his relationship with Amy to the detriment of Lenny.  I think is good for Lenny to be on separate living quarters until their wedding, keeps things more lovey, lusty, the  " I miss  you thing " , between them.  Our favorite couple is the force, no need for Dart Sidius to behave like a child again.  Probably on S8 Lenny will officially adopt him as their child.

I Darth not dart

sorry I meant Darth not dart

Mmmm yeah i think i would like Lenny to become centric to storylines again this season like they were in s3. But clearly back then the writing was diffrent, only one couple back then. Now theirs four, Lenny, Shamy, Howardette, Rajily. So thats prob why it has become more relationship driven since s5. But clearly Shamy is the writers baby haha, so yes. Sheldon well be focus so they can focus on his relationship with Amy. So Lenny and the other characters well be in the foreground. I think its good Lenny have their own independence, their relationship has never been formely romantic, they were Friends before they dated. You even saw the other guys she dated before Leonard they were never formal relationships, physically based. Lenny had depth in their relationship before they became romantically involved. So they work as they are also friends, and she is part of his circle, the other guys really mistreated her. Leonard ruined her for normal guys lol. So i would love even though they are now engaged, but for the writers to focus on their friendship too. I know the show has evolved, but love Penny to be dancing in the morning in Leonards red robe lol.

I really don't need as much focus on Lenny this year.  We've been quite fortunate (and maybe spoiled) the last two years, with the focus on getting them to where they are now.  I'm sure there will be particular episodes that concentrate on them, but after the last couple of years, I can really see the focusing on S/A and R/E.  As long as we get several of episodes of them working on wedding planning, along with short segments of them nesting in various ways (I still absolutely love their dinners in Penny's apt and them under the blanket, when they were advising Sheldon), I can handle the show working on the other couples and  an episode or two of them getting past any issues that Penny's work brings up.  

• Like 5

Yeah ten im on the same wave length as you. Seven seasons basically of L and P. But they are now endgame and assured now, where their is a case to be argued like you said S/A and R/E are not. So the Lenny focused storylines well vary less, but every now and then focus is all im saying .

The writers will go on supercharger drive if they focus more on the other couples so to sort out their relationships, they have three season to do it.  But periodically Lenny will  remind everyone they are th Alpha male and queen bee, and always be.  Lenny have reached a sage like level at this point as a couple.   Noooooooooo, no Penny on that horrible red robe :shy:  or Leonard on her pink robe.  But I want see her take cooking lessons and surprise Leonard with the best dinner of his life. And Leonard secretly taking dancing lessons so he can surprise Penny. GO LENNY

• Like 1

I hope the writers don't move Lenny to the for ground since now they are finally and fully committed to each other to end in marriage.  Lenny are such a strong force of the TBBT.  I really hope the wedding preparations become a huge part of the remainder of TBBT.  If the writers give more emphasis to the other couples,  it becomes rather boring.  I have been a Lenny fan since episode one, so pull more for them.  :cool:

Im pretty sure Leonard has already worn Pennys pink dressing gown, i think it was in the s5 finalie haha. But yes after s6 where all the storylines were centric to Lenny, and the writers past couple seasons have really worked hard at getting L/P to the stage they are at in their relationship. So they have always been endgame since the pilot, but even more so now. So i can see the focus shifting well more then it has been anyway to Shamy and Raj and Emily. But dinner scenes, seeing them get their stuff and merge it between two apt, seeing Leonards room all girly, and the bathroom haha. I hope to with the plot change in Pennys career, alot of s8 focuses on their careers. See more caltech based storylines, Leonard or Sheldon teaching would be good. And clearly bringing back Pennys acting career at some point, in one of the pics posted by Prady in the shooting for 8x02 looks like theirs a whiteboard, so maybe it involves cal-tech somehow .

I hope the writers don't move Lenny to the for ground since now they are finally and fully committed to each other to end in marriage. Lenny are such a strong force of the TBBT. I really hope the wedding preparations become a huge part of the remainder of TBBT. If the writers give more emphasis to the other couples, it becomes rather boring. I have been a Lenny fan since episode one, so pull more for them. :cool:

Agree. Lenny, can't get enough of them, don't want them moved to the background, they are the king & queen of the nerds. Notice the sitting arrangements, they have there thrones. Leonard in his chair right next to his queen looking down and discussing day to day activities with their subjects. Lol. Just like sheldon's spot. No one sits on their thrones. More Lenny I say, cause they rule. [emoji2]

Samsung Note3

• Like 1

Considering Lenny shippers have now got what they wanted - they're getting married - in a way the story of the last seven years has reached its climax. Other than the actual wedding, baby plans ( which if you listen to the writers themselves not just us, ain't happening in the foreseeable future) the odd conflict that's part of any committed couple's life, preparation for the wedding and some occasional happy snaps, there is not much left to tell of the LENNY story for a while IN COMPARISON to Shamy, and if they want to go there in depth, Raj and ( insert Emily or other name of woman to come here). Not saying we won't see plenty of Leonard and Penny - at a million an episode Johnny and Kaley better be getting some decent screen time - but instead of them just being Lenny centric story lines, we'll see them in all the other stories as influencers or enablers, sometimes as a couple and sometimes as individual friends to the other characters. It's a bit like what was reported about the first episode of season 8. Leonard helps out Sheldon, then Penny has her turn at the end, dealing with Sheldon's issue that she caused ( the hair cut). Of course there will hopefully still be Leonard stories ( overdue) and Penny stories ( the job story is always there) but Lenny stories probably can't be as important as the last 2 years because it's resolved. But they'll still show up as team Lenny most of the time.

• Like 3

I'm confident that episode 3 will have a Lenny plot (as well as a Raj storyline).  Because by episode 3 Penny will be working, therefore I do expect some more moments between them. 

While I agree the engagement should have been acknowledged in either episode, it's only two episodes. Have a bit of patience. In Season 3 when Lenny first got together, there were episodes after a while that didn't focus on them ( granted not straight away ) and when they reunited in S5 after a couple of eps it wasn't really about them for a while either. Yes I'd like a real acknowledgement by their friends e.g engagement party and the living together thing can't be ignored much longer but it can't be all done in 2 episodes. I get some in this thread and/or Lenny camp aren't fans of Sheldon but if you're waiting for him NOT to be a big focus of the show then you should have given up watching a while ago. This has been a complaint for a long time now.

But really, let's not give up on some Lenny love happening after 2 tapings. It'll come.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure that an engagement party after a month-and-a half is appropriate. I would however like to see some verbal acknowledgement. Maybe have them be all over each other in front of the others. Then have someone (Bernadette) say something snarky like "don't you two ever get enough?" or "hey! Ross & Rachel! Give it a rest already!"

• Like 1

I hope I am wrong but I can't remember when we have had a Leonard episode. The engagement and what lead up to it were more Penny episodes about how she was making life changes.

• Like 2