[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

3ku11

dont know how much this should get read into, but at the taping tonight Penny did state that they want to wait to get married until its forsure her parents know she cant be pregnant. nothing about her brother in jail. Dunno if that means a sooner wedding than expected. Just thought i'd share that bit with you guys. :) 

• Like 4

hi everyone--sweet l/p it was all shamy until leonard put the

the crown into awww

What? xD

And thanks BBTGuy, but Molaro mentioned this already. Can't remember what article.

So was the whole tone between Leonard and Penny more of nervousness during the episode, no fighting or anger? I'm to the point that I cringe when they get mad at each other over things they shouldn't be mad about. I know they do it for cheap laughs, but another joke about Penny's drinking just makes me wonder about them, especially their friends saying wine is more important to her than Leonard.

I also wonder what Lenny was doing on the couch when Shamy came in? More under blanket cuddling?

So was the whole tone between Leonard and Penny more of nervousness during the episode, no fighting or anger? I'm to the point that I cringe when they get mad at each other over things they shouldn't be mad about. I know they do it for cheap laughs, but another joke about Penny's drinking just makes me wonder about them, especially their friends saying wine is more important to her than Leonard.

I also wonder what Lenny was doing on the couch when Shamy came in? More under blanket cuddling?

I'm going to say that it will play well. It makes sense that they question what they have, because at face value it is a stupid thing. No reason for it to work at all. The fun will be in them both struggling towards each other. It's totally irrational that they stay together. The beauty of it is that neither has to persuade the other person - they just have to accept that they themselves are worthy and go from there. They are both reaching. I like that they go forward regardless of the obvious reasons not to. They will be wondering why for years. Yay!

I am curious if Penny's mum will be a force for good, or not. There could be a set of reasons why Penny stayed in LA, and maybe it's not just because of Leonard and acting. I'm hoping for a slightly bent mum, to offset her straight up and down dad.

• Like 6

I was a little worried about the doubts creeping back as I read the report but the final conversation put it all into perspective. Their attraction is on the surface a little unbelievable and this does bring up questions in their minds. Insecurity is central to both of their personalities and will remain in the show as much as Sheldon's arrogance, Howard's sarcasm and Amy's awkwardness. But the Beauty of the Lenny narrative is that it still works despite the absurdity of the match. The fact they love each other can't be questioned and that will be the punch line at the end of each Lenny story regardless of what challenge comes up and they'll talk it through and realise it each time all the way to the altar.

• Like 6

"Marriage is scary. You're scared, I'm scared. It doesn't make me not want to do it. It just makes me want to hold your hand and do it with you." He takes her hand as he says this. Penny says, "Aw, Leonatd,", and they gaze into each others eyes.

Such a classic Lenny scene! I can't wait to see it ... and watch it over and over!

Thanks to Michy, Kazzie, BBTGUY, and Pilot and ATC for great reporting.

This is one of the things I love about the lenny relationship, they both know there relationship will never be perfect and will work to improve it where necessary, and will never be in denial that everything is perfect. That is the core of a very strong & solid relationship. Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 6

This is one of the things I love about the lenny relationship, they both know there relationship will never be perfect and will work to improve it where necessary, and will never be in denial that everything is perfect. That is the core of a very strong & solid relationship.

ditto!!  I think that line is so fitting for them.  And shows they are on the same page with their future and together will tackle it!!!

• Like 5

Really they have a lot in common, when they talk to each other, the other one listens, that is a lot more than a lot of couples have. I think this episode addresses the remaining insecurity between them and I think this season we will see more of that. I think the demands of Penny's new job will bring up Leonard's insecurities again and the way he tries to overcome them, will bring out hers again too. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them have people hitting on them this season, when they are very vulnerable and then each of them runs back to the other when they finally realize it.

• Like 4

Not surprised about the insecurities. It's a pretty natural behavior between couples. You also don't necessarily need to have something in common with your partner to be happy. Their relationship works well because they love each other and they know it. Still, the fear of losing the other is there and that's okay.

I think the insecurities that come up in this episode are natural, normal for anyone who is recently engaged.  It's a huge step.  I find it very encouraging though that even though it gets tense for minute...it's very much team Lenny in their moment.   I also like that we get to see the conversation on screen.

What I particularly like is that it shows Leonard as the rock in the relationship in that moment.  He takes her hand, admits he's nervous too but then states he wants to hold her hand through it all.  I think that shows strength and support to Penny. 

Edited by Denise07
  • Like 6

I think the insecurities that come up in this episode are natural, normal for anyone who is recently engaged.  It's a huge step.  I find it very encouraging though that even though it gets tense for minute...it's very much team Lenny in their moment.   I also like that we get to see the conversation on screen.

What I particularly like is that it shows Leonard as the rock in the relationship in that moment.  He takes her hand, admits he's nervous too but then states he wants to hold her hand through it all.  I think that shows strength and support to Penny. 

Aww, well said :) I love everything about your post.

Because Penny is still a little bit of a flight risk.

• Like 1

I think that's why the writers are working on penny's insecurities, she still has that notion of not being good enough for Leonard and he might get bored of her one day, hence penny's comment about their relationship is founded on his blind infatuation. They both love each other very much and are just scared of losing each other. It's so sweet.

Leonard is also scared of losing penny too, as his insecurity is not being good enough for Penny.

I can see why he'd think that. From his POV Penny proposed on an impulse, and could change her mind just as easily. Perhaps that's why her having a good job causes tension between them. From his POV the main thing he gives is support (financial and emotional) and if she has a good job he may wonder why she would need him.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

I can see why he'd think that. From his POV Penny proposed on an impulse, and could change her mind just as easily. Perhaps that's why her having a good job causes tension between them. From his POV the only main two things he gives is support (financial and emotional) and if she has a good job he may wonder why she would need him.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Get out of my head! :D But yeah, I think the "tension" won't be as bad as it sounds now. Let's hope they'll finish that tension with a sweet moment.

Leonard was called "sappy" in S8 Discussion Thread. I don't think Leonard is at all sappy.  I think he has a sweetness about him, which coexists with and tempers and softens the snarky, sarcastic part of him.  Without that inate sweetness the snark would be brutal and hurtful.  I find that sweetness particulary touching. Given Leonard's childhood, he could easily be the serial killer of the week on "Criminal Minds".

"It just makes me want  to hold your hand and do it with you."  I don't think that is even reomtely sappy. I can't think of a better, smarter way to feel about starting a marriage together. It sounds like a recipe for success.

Thanks for listening. I just had to get that off my chest.

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 8

Leonard was called "sappy" in S8 Discussion Thread. I don't think Leonard is at all sappy.  I think he has a sweetness about him, which coexists with and tempers and softens the snarky, sarcastic part of him.  Without that inate sweetness the snark would be brutal and hurtful.  I find that sweetness particulary touching. Given Leonard's childhood, he could easily be the serial killer of the week on "Criminal Minds".

"It just wants me to hold your hand and do it with you."  I don't think that is even reomtely sappy. I can't think of a better, smarter way to feel about starting a marriage together. It sounds like a recipe for success.

Thanks for listening. I just had to get that off my chest.

I don't find him sappy at all.  He is, and always has been, the strength in their relationship.  I think what he said was perfect!!! 

• Like 7