Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Knock, knock?

Who's there,

Penny,

Penny who?

Penny Hofstadter. Lol

Sorry cheesy I know, but couldn't help it.

• Like 3

Knock, knock?

Who's there,

Penny,

Penny who?

Penny Hofstadter. Lol

Sorry cheesy I know, but couldn't help it. . Ok, bedtime for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No it is:

Knock, knock, knock... Leonard and Penny Hofstadter

• Like 4

All this Sappiness is sickning lol ;) kiddin. I agree that the writers like to paint the picture they have nothing in common because of their many social and physical differences, and i guess socities and conventions and rules. But when you think about it compared to the other guys, Leonards less of a nerd. I really think if Leonard wore lenses, or dressed differently. Their would be no difference between Leonard and her dumb "gym" guys. But Leonard is different, i agree Penny has no filter, what you see is what you get. And i feel Penny needed a guy like Leonard to challenge her like no guy has. They have the right balance of differences and likenesses. Also with other guys Penny would get bored pretty quickly. So apart from growing up and evolving, and realizing Looks arent everything, why shld they be. Leonard intellectually challenges her like no guy ever has. Zac in S4 was a prime example, how Penny had outgrown those dumb gym guy types, and was ready for Leonard. She simply wasent first Four Seasons. Where as with Penny she jumped from one emotionally abusive relationships to another. So im really happy for Penny in a way. Another thing Lenny have in common is the way they personalize and deal with ppl, they have a similar temperment and personalities.

Nervous and scared are the quintessential personality traits of both Leonard and Penny. Nervous Hi, nervous fake first date, nervous/scared admission of feelings, nervous real first date, scared to be with someone so different, nervous first sex, nervous/scared about other opposite sex friends, scared of commitment, scared/nervous to be honest with parents, nervous about Velentines Days, scared of I love you, nervous about future, scared/nervous about proposing, scared/nervous of living together.....

So even though they have matured a lot, it makes sense they are still nervous/scared about engagement. It's totally 'in character'. The final goal of committed relationship with undoubted love will remain - but so will the character flaws. Canon Lenny.

I want to respond to this analysis with a "Yeah, but" to bring a little balance to it.  They are nervous and scared people and IMO the additional quintessential  personality traits of bravery, passion and humor are very strong in Leonard and Penny too.  It's what has allowed them to get past the nervous and scared and be(mostly) happy with with each . Wthout these traits, they are just two totally hopeless, lonely neurotics and we know that isn't true.  Hopefully, the bravery, passion and humor will continue to see them through the nervous and scared!

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 3

Sitting here watching "The Boyfriend Complexity." S4 E9. I don't think the smart and beautiful babies line is a throw away line. The guys are making fun of Leonard and that specific line was brought up.

Leonard: Penny kissing me is not insane. She used to kiss me all the time.

Sheldon: Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. By that standard Penny is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Leonard: I'm just saying it felt like it may have meant something.

Howard: This takes me back. Leonard obsessing about Penny. I mean don't get me wrong. I love your new stuff but once in awhile its nice to hear the hits.

Raj: Ooh, ooh. Do "Our babies will be smart and beautiful." That one always makes me laugh.

Just thought I'd bring that up. So yeah, IMO, by the end of the show, we'll see Leonard and Penny together with smart and beautiful babies!

• Like 2

Actually it was the writers had no intention of it leading anywhere. It was simply a set up joke for Sheldon. Fans over time have just latched onto it, and tried to proove its worth and value and conversion into "Our babies well be smart and beautiful". I am not saying the writers are not aware of how that one line to a lot of fans set the premise of the show, kinda like how Ross took a spoon in the pilot (that was intentional though). I don't think you can proove either way that it was a throw away line or not, personally I think it was.

Edited by Tensor

Speaking of babies, I hope we get an episode of a baby scare. Penny missing her period and the pee sticks with some saying positive and some negative, so they have to wait and sweat to find out from a doctor.

Actually it was the writers had no intention of it leading anywhere. It was simply a set up joke for Sheldon. Fans over time have just latched onto it, and tried to prove its worth and value and conversion into "Our babies well be smart and beautiful". I am not saying the writers are not aware of how that one line to a lot of fans set the premise of the show, kinda like how Ross took a spoon in the pilot (that was intentional though). I don't think you can prove either way that it was a throw away line or not, personally I think it was.

Except the "smart and beautiful" line was in the Pilot. The creators of the show were trying to make a comment on what the show would be about. There is little time for throw away lines of that magnitude.

That line and Sheldon's follow-up told a great deal about the attitudes and intentions of both characters and the importance of Penny in the future.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

Except the "smart and beautiful" line was in the Pilot. The creators of the show were trying to make a comment on what the show would be about. There is little time for throw away lines of that magnitude.

That's why I said the writers are aware of the magnitude of what the line produced to the audience. But I still don't beleive it was intentional initially, regarding the throw away line, I was more refering to the set up joke for Sheldon's "Not to mention imaginary".

Edited by 3ku11

Agreed!! Especially when they repeat it 4 years later!

• Like 2

Speaking of babies, I hope we get an episode of a baby scare. Penny missing her period and the pee sticks with some saying positive and some negative, so they have to wait and sweat to find out from a doctor.

Sounds like a season finale. :p

ETA: I'm still getting settled back in after the trip, I'll be getting to your new chapters and your new story here shortly.

And the guy got the girl, and they are going to get married, and not to stir up the baby controversy again, but sometimes people who get married have babies. But not right away, of course.

I think it would be lovely for that to be an ending, or close too. And it would be nice if we go a postscript at the end as well, something like the 19 years later in the J.K Rowling books (that pre-supposes they give this show a proper finish, rather than keep it on life-support as a zombified corpse).

Imagine a coda where Penny and Leonard are packing their twins off to college. I guess by then they would be putting them on the Tesla Hyperloop, not a steam train. But thats for FF at this stage. Meanwhile I'm happy watching them lurch awkwardly to the next thing. They are pretty good at lurching awkwardly, and miss-stepping.

• Like 5

I think it would be lovely for that to be an ending, or close too. And it would be nice if we go a postscript at the end as well, something like the 19 years later in the J.K Rowling books (that pre-supposes they give this show a proper finish, rather than keep it on life-support as a zombified corpse).

Imagine a coda where Penny and Leonard are packing their twins off to college. I guess by then they would be putting them on the Tesla Hyperloop, not a steam train. But thats for FF at this stage. Meanwhile I'm happy watching them lurch awkwardly to the next thing. They are pretty good at lurching awkwardly, and miss-stepping.

I like that idea ;). But how about they do a flashforward ep this season. Kinda like post-circa 3 years down the road kinda like in S5 with the flashforward of Penny pregnent. This time though maybe like how they did in HIMYM when Ted buys that rat infested house lol, you see part's of their future house, or maybe that's FF terriotory haha. I would like an ep this season seeing Penny deal with a scare pregnency, find a pregnency test in the bin everyone presumes it is Bernadette's, but then camera turns to Penny end scene finalie (Okay that is too much like Friends's but you get my drift). 

• Like 1

The beautiful thing is how badly they want and love each other. He pined for her from the get-go. She buried her feelings for him not wanting to admit them.

Now they've been committed to each other for a while. They have taken The huge step of beginning to build a life together. BUT, each of them wakes up, looks in the mirror and asks themselves "what the hell does he/she see in me?"

The fear of that, along with fear and worry over the success of a lifelong commitment are what we are going to see them work their way through. Although a pregnancy scare would seem a bit contrived, it would be lovely to see them both a little sad when it does turn out to be just a scare.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 5

Thinking on this a little. Their pregnancy scare would he different than Rachel's in Friends. I picture it as with what happened when she learned her car was unrepairable. Calling him away from their friends and just telling him alone. By themselves...

Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thinking on this a little. Their pregnancy scare would he different than Rachel's in Friends. I picture it as with what happened when she learned her car was unrepairable. Calling him away from their friends and just telling him alone. By themselves...

Tapatalk[/quote

Agreed, I think that could play out nicely. A bit of tension perhaps while they wait for the results from the doctor, followed by relief which later descends into disappointment, but with a realisation that perhaps now isn't the time and an acknowledgement of how wonderful it will be when it is the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I figure while they waited for the doctors results they would be nervous and snap at each other, of course in a funny way, then they would ask themselves 'What are we doing? We're going to be parents' so they would get to planning and start getting excited. However when the found out it was negative, they would fake being happy and make jokes how they dodged that bullet, but would finally end up holding each other as they are both really sad. Anyway that is the way I see it in one or maybe across two episodes.

• Like 1

Sounds like a season finale. :p

ETA: I'm still getting settled back in after the trip, I'll be getting to your new chapters and your new story here shortly.

Sounds like a season finale Cliffhanger to me ;) It would make a change from somebody disappearing for the summer.

Lenny - Are they pregnant or not ? etc

I figure while they waited for the doctors results they would be nervous and snap at each other, of course in a funny way, then they would ask themselves 'What are we doing? We're going to be parents' so they would get to planning and start getting excited. However when the found out it was negative, they would fake being happy and make jokes how they dodged that bullet, but would finally end up holding each other as they are both really sad. Anyway that is the way I see it in one or maybe across two episodes.

It would probably play out that way. Though I would guess they'd insert Sheldon into it for the laughs, I can just imagine him

describing every detail of his sister giving birth to Leonard and Penny to see how they react.

• Like 1

Sheldon: "diapers, screaming, diapers, disgusting smell of baby formula, diapers, possible breast feeding in my vicinity, diapers".... With Leonard & Penny looking at each other dreamily...

Tapatalk

• Like 5

It would be funny for them to discuss possible names for a girl or boy and Sheldon would panic over the thought of a baby nearby.  It could be a real moment for Lenny, when they learn that they do want to really have kids together and have a family one day, plus Penny realizes that she wants to have Leonard's and her children, no matter what happens to them in thier life together.  It could help disipate their fears of marriage and what it will do to them as individuals. 

Taperoo, it would probably make a good cliff hanger, and would drive the fans nuts all summer.

• Like 3

Can't see lenny having babies on the show, but we never know, kaley could get pregnant for real & they might decide to incorporate it in the show.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

In all honesty, despite what I said earlier, I hope there aren't any "baby scares". If Kaley and Ryan do become expectant parents, I hope they can film around it, not forcing TPTB into incorporating that into the series if they weren't intending to.

Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sort of looking forward to interaction between the couple in connection with Penny's new job. From the taping reports for the first three episodes, it does not appear that there has been so far. I imagine the next episode will address Raj/Emily and from the pic Mayim shared this past week perhaps Stuart and the comic book store. Hopefully in a secondary plot line...

Tapatalk

• Like 2