[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

3ku11

He was fine with it till penny and raj started with the eye coitus...

He did, it's obvious. And I hate that scene btw. Why, just why would you write such a scene?

I thought the scene was funny. I thought the show was suppose to be a comedy too.

Again, this just demonstrates what Raj is like and how Leonard is a nice guy who used to finish last.

Exactly what I was thinking. You just don't do things like that with the girlfriend of a good friend. Leonard clearly didn't know what was coming. But yeah, that's Raj. To be honest, if it wasn't for Emily, I wouldn't be surprised when he takes the next best chance to go to bed with her when she's intoxicated. I don't think he would care about Leonard at all.

Same goes for Bernadette. When they let him stay overnight and he tried to teach Howard how to treat her. Luckily, they were smart enough to figure it out on their own.

Let's see, Raj acted like a lecherous ass when Penny agreed to go to his People Magazine party, he took advantage of his good friends ex while she was drunk and practically crying on his shoulder over Leonard and now he is telling his current girlfriend that he hooked up with the other beautiful girl (Penny) in a way that is actually bragging and getting them pissed at each other, Raj is a complete ass.

The writers missed a great opportunity to get some closure on that Raj/Penny sleep over and they could made it funny by Penny letting Leonard know she would never pick Raj over him, especially since Raj, unlike Leonard, is a dud in bed. The end that could have Leonard and Howard referring to Raj as QuickDraw, speedy and other nicknames, after all he deserves that after what he has done.

• Like 4

The scene was funny, it is a comedy after all. It was almost like the writers were saying what happened, and happened and Lenny is in a good place now. So to rehash it, just seems pointless to me. I am too over Penny competing with any new rival to her Queen Bee status. Have some angst and then move on. Regardless of how they deal with it. Its always going to have this underlying tension, and transparencies. So just put it under the rug, and move on.

Let's see, Raj acted like a lecherous ass when Penny agreed to go to his People Magazine party, he took advantage of his good friends ex while she was drunk and practically crying on his shoulder over Leonard and now he is telling his current girlfriend that he hooked up with the other beautiful girl (Penny) in a way that is actually bragging and getting them pissed at each other, Raj is a complete ass.

The writers missed a great opportunity to get some closure on that Raj/Penny sleep over and they could made it funny by Penny letting Leonard know she would never pick Raj over him, especially since Raj, unlike Leonard, is a dud in bed. The end that could have Leonard and Howard referring to Raj as QuickDraw, speedy and other nicknames, after all he deserves that after what he has done.

I agree with most of what you said. Raj did point out in 5.1 that we was Penny's second choice after Leonard. I don't disagree with the ass part of I think this episode was a lot of stupidity involved. As to Raj being a dud in bed apparently he isn't with Emily?

I don't know, Penny had only one experience with Raj in bed and he was definitely a dud, because he came off so quickly. So with that only one data point, I think we could agree that Penny's perception of him could easily be he is a dud. Also we have no idea of Emily's thoughts about his performance in bed, she could really have low standards or is not very experierenced herself.

Anyway I think the comedy could have easily been obtained through ridicule of Raj, he sort of deserves it, than making that event be a fighting point between Penny and Emily. Also I don't like how it was not even mentioned between Leonard and Penny because they were both obviously hurt most by it.

• Like 1

I agree SRAM. It would have been better for Penny and Emily to maintain the disdain for Raj, a la the clogzilla taunts against Howard , as the source of comedy, rather than disliking each other.

P.S. I can hear Tensor approaching and moving these non Lenny comments on to another thread as we speak!

Edited by Itwasdestined

I agree SRAM. It would have been better for Penny and Emily to maintain the disdain for Raj, a la the clogzilla taunts against Howard , as the source of comedy, rather than disliking each other.

P.S. I can hear Tensor approaching and moving these non Lenny comments on to another thread as we speak!

But Lenny,Shamy and Howdette are in stable relationships. Ramily is not. I don't know if their relationship could handle that. Sorry Tensor.

I understand your dread of impending action by administration, so let me say I love Penny and Leonard and they are great. Even though we did not like what Raj did with Penny, Leonard and Penny's discussion on the stairs about her credit card debt was funny.

• Like 3

I understand your dread of impending action by administration, so let me say I love Penny and Leonard and they are great. Even though we did not like what Raj did with Penny, Leonard and Penny's discussion on the stairs about her credit card debt was funny.

This one might survive the cut

The former Disgusted would have found a way to subtly suggest that Raj just go fuck himself. [and die under a tree]

The current Disgusted just doesn't care anymore.

Remember we must have lighthearted Leonard and Penny stuff this topic so let me add this for you:

Leonard and Penny would then happily bury Raj's body under such tree and then would have a sweet heartwarming picnic over the grave.

• Like 2

Remember we must have lighthearted Leonard and Penny stuff this topic so let me add this for you:

Leonard and Penny would then happily bury Raj's body under such tree and then would have a sweet heartwarming picnic over the grave.

Alternately, Leonard could conduct a scientific experiment wherein he buries Raj up to his neck in a fire ant colony and takes measurements to see how long he'll survive. Penny could film the results, remarking "Screw Fun With Flags, this is prime YouTube material!"

I know I am late to the discussion but no babies until the series finale.  And really I don't want a pregnancy scare.  JMO, but I would like to think that characters in TV land can use contraceptives properly.  That's just my dream, of course. 

The Raj/Penny/Emily thing doesn't bother me.  Lenny are strong.  There are lots of ways to go with that Penny/Emily story if she is going to be around for the season. 

And really I don't want a pregnancy scare.  JMO, but I would like to think that characters in TV land can use contraceptives properly.  That's just my dream, of course.

I'd buy that if there wasn't all those missing pregnancy tests after the one Penny put in her memory box in her closet. That seems to say that they are using them properly, if at all.

• Like 1

Ah... Penny's memory box. One of the most beautiful & touching moment for me from from S7.

Oh, by the way, just hit my 1,000 post. Yaaay... Thought I share my 1,001 post with my fav ppls. My Fellow Lennies

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That box scene just keeps blowing my mind whenever I watch it.

That box scene just keeps blowing my mind whenever I watch it.

Me too. Scene wasn't long enough tho. The 11 page thank you letter for having sex with him. So cute & funny.

I mean, 11 pages. What the hell did he write?. Hahaha

Me too. Scene wasn't long enough tho. The 11 page thank you letter for having sex with him. So cute & funny.

I mean, 11 pages. What the hell did he write?. Hahaha

I don't know, but it must have been something really beautiful about her, since she kept it all these years. I believe nobody else did this for her before. Do you think it's the card Leonard was talking about in S3 when he thanked her for the great sex? He told her to throw it away, but apparently, she didn't?

Well, we know he followed up with a card after that.  From "The Pirate Solution":

Leonard: "That was fun."

Penny:"Leonard, honey, you don't have to say thank you every time we have sex."

Leonard: "Oh.  Okay.  Tomorrow you're going to get a card in the mail.  Just throw it away. 

• Like 1

Well, we know he followed up with a card after that.  From "The Pirate Solution":

Leonard: "That was fun."

Penny:"Leonard, honey, you don't have to say thank you every time we have sex."

Leonard: "Oh.  Okay.  Tomorrow you're going to get a card in the mail.  Just throw it away. 

Yeah, I know, but I'm not sure if the card was including the letter or if the letter was just background stuff, just like the rose he left on her windshield. Btw, I read a fanfic about the rose on her windshield once. It was beautiful. Can't find it anymore :(

Edited by FileXxX

Yeah, I know, but I'm not sure if the card was including the letter or if the letter was just background stuff, just like the rose he left on her windshield.

I don't think so.  She said the letter was from the first time they slept together.  3.01.  The card isn't mentioned until 3.04.  There's about five days between the first two episodes and about three days in the second episode.  The third seems to be about week after that and another week to episode four.  So with three weeks in between, I find it difficult for the letter and card to be included with the letter.