[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Twice Molaro says they are happy and engaged so yeah, stop stressing X. Steve does seem to prefer though playing with the challenge of relationships more than the mushy stuff some here prefer. He cares less for the wedding planning and more for the nitty gritty of engagements like shared financial situations. Considering Penny's well documented financial struggles pre the new job, this would have been a no brainer - Leonard would be responsible for finances - thus no story, just a continuation of Sugar daddy forum discussions. Now Penny was never marrying Leonard for the money - she's not like that ( and Leonard helped her anyway). Leonard on the other hand does seem to like being that support. His finale conversation with Sheldon did have that " I want to give Penny the life she deserves" line. That, along with the car purchase and Season 8's New job for Penny arc could be Molaro's way of resolving any residual doubts about money support being A reason for the proposal ( which I don't believe in any way).

To slightly digress, since my love life is a Lenny equivalent, when Mrs Destined and I were engaged she was unemployed but had substantial "sensible Maltese financial planning" savings whereas I was the securely employed rare male Primary school teacher who spent every cent he earned. So when house loan discussions came up, a reality far removed from neck kissing and couch snuggling, we had to weigh up her deposit availability versus my long term loan payment stability and who was contributing more.

It wasn't humorous for us but I'm guessing Molaro plans to make the financial permutations funny as well as making it part of the well established BBT "growth" path. Grown up Lenny 2.0 have grownup issues to discuss as an engaged couple that immature Lenny 1.0 didn't consider amongst the bed breaking sex and juvenile fights about sleeping guitarists and psychics. At the same time it will be used to solidify their realisation of the undoubted commitment and love they have, while still revisiting the insecurities that have been at the core of both characters since Season 1.

So they're happy, engaged, working through the non romantic realities of engagement and life in general and the seven years that Lennies have waited are most likely going to extend well into 8. But as Tensor said, the hype of Season 6 issues were but a few episodes and likewise Season 7 was very stable but for the angst of the mid season "do you support me" arc. Season 8 will most likely be similar. Fan frustrating but ultimately trivial bumps on the inevitable road to Lenny happiness.

Nicely, nicely said!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

It's starting shortly!!! Here's to my fellow Lennys! May we have a happy, warm, and wonderful Season 8! Cheers and cyber-hugs!

Yay.. we are family, I got all my lennies with me. ☺ S8. It's going to be a great ride with you all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Penny seems different to me than last season, maybe it is because of that her and LEONARD had so little interaction these first two episodes. I am glad all the conflict was between Penny & Bernadette and Leonard & SHELDON and not with each other though.

• Like 1

Penny seems different to me than last season, maybe it is because of that her and LEONARD had so little interaction these first two episodes. I am glad all the conflict was between Penny & Bernadette and Leonard & SHELDON and not with each other though.

i actually think Penny was the star of the evening. You did get Lenny at the beginning. Obviously it seemed as if she was staying there when Sheldon was gone.
  • Like 3

i actually think Penny was the star of the evening. You did get Lenny at the beginning. Obviously it seemed as if she was staying there when Sheldon was gone.

Oh I agree about Penny being the star, both episodes had plots about her job and they were both more interesting than Sheldons plot, especially when her and the interviewer bonded about being scared of Bernadette. I did get she was probably living with Leonard during Sheldons absence, but after that they really didn't have hardly any interaction. She still seemed different to me though, maybe the hair and the plot, but it made her seem like just a normal person to me, not really Penny. I guess I'm still having problems getting use to the hair. But on a side note, she does have a long pretty neck, Leonard should go for it.

• Like 1

Oh I agree about Penny being the star, both episodes had plots about her job and they were both more interesting than Sheldons plot, especially when her and the interviewer bonded about being scared of Bernadette. I did get she was probably living with Leonard during Sheldons absence, but after that they really didn't have hardly any interaction. She still seemed different to me though, maybe the hair and the plot, but it made her seem like just a normal person to me, not really Penny. I guess I'm still having problems getting use to the hair. But on a side note, she does have a long pretty neck, Leonard should go for it.

i think the hair works for season 8. It wouldn't of in season 2. IMO the hair looked better than it did on Jimmy Kimmel. I agree with her plot being more interesting than Sheldon's. His appeared to be just filler.

Well, (except for the obvious bit that Penny's been sleeping at Leonard's) that was a whole lot of nuthin'.  I'm glad to have new episodes, but really almost no interaction. Notice the unintentional joke about Apple's cloud storage (since this was shot before the big leak).

• Like 1

Well, (except for the obvious bit that Penny's been sleeping at Leonard's) that was a whole lot of nuthin'.  I'm glad to have new episodes, but really almost no interaction. Notice the unintentional joke about Apple's cloud storage (since this was shot before the big leak).

Well I wouldent say a whole of nuttin because of no Lenny lol. Yet to watch it, but sounds overall great start to the season. For me I don't mind if their is no Lenny, it is only the first few eps long season to come. 

I sense you're a little miffed, Poptart. Just to be clear, I'm a fan of Lenny doing all that mushy stuff you mention too. I was just interpreting Molaro's take on what might be planned and not reacting to a lack of Lenny sweetness on offer at the start of season 8, although ep 3 sounds like it's going to be mushy enough at the end. I still think there will be plenty of opportunities for romantic Lenny but I just think Molaro is clearly aiming for some growth stuff as well, similar to the Howardette engagement stories. Gotta say, I like your episode titles. I'm sure the writers can get plenty of humour out of those plots - maybe even some bedtime discussions!

• Like 1

I don't know why this thread is such a problem, but Shipping Zone threads are for discussion with SUPPORTIVE COMMENTS about the characters in the thread title. This thread is not for analysis of Sheldon, Amy or Bernadette, Leonard and Sheldon's relationship, or any other characters. It is not for discussion of how this or that other series solves the problems. The first sentence in the Ship Zone rules, that were updated at the end of June 2014 is:

Along with the regular forum rules, the main rule in a ship zone is that you should only post in these ship zones if your posts will be constructive and generally supportive of the ship.

Can the posters here please follow the current rules?  If you feel a need to have a non-supportive conversation, discuss other characters or shows, please take it to the Season 8 discussion thread, Shipping Lanes thread, the character threads, or the episode thread.   If you feel the need to answer a post and be non-supportive, COPY the post to the appropriate thread.

It is just the change, I hate change, going from a early Penny who walked into the apartment and her first words were "Where's Leonard" and seemed to look for any excuse to kiss him on the cheek or touch him, to this Penny who is not that affectionate, is not the change I have been looking for in the show. 

• Like 1

I don't know why this thread is such a problem, but Shipping Zone threads are for discussion with SUPPORTIVE COMMENTS about the characters in the thread title. This thread is not for analysis of Sheldon, Amy or Bernadette, Leonard and Sheldon's relationship, or any other characters. It is not for discussion of how this or that other series solves the problems. The first sentence in the Ship Zone rules, that were updated at the end of June 2014 is:

Along with the regular forum rules, the main rule in a ship zone is that you should only post in these ship zones if your posts will be constructive and generally supportive of the ship.

Can the posters here please follow the current rules?  If you feel a need to have a non-supportive conversation, discuss other characters or shows, please take it to the Season 8 discussion thread, Shipping Lanes thread, the character threads, or the episode thread.   If you feel the need to answer a post and be non-supportive, COPY the post to the appropriate thread.

Probably because we didn't always have a straight jacket on our comments. Hey, you asked.

Edited by eirwinrommel

Probably because we didn't always have a straight jacket on our comments. Hey, you asked.

There's no straight jacket, you're more than welcome to post comments that don't conform to the rules, of Ship Zones, in other sections of the forum. Or perhaps you hadn't bothered to read the rules before?

It is just the change, I hate change, going from a early Penny who walked into the apartment and her first words were "Where's Leonard" and seemed to look for any excuse to kiss him on the cheek or touch him, to this Penny who is not that affectionate, is not the change I have been looking for in the show. 

Yeah but it is a sign of their relationship evolving. TBH she wasen't all that affectionate in S3 other then the bedroom lol. I get your point of view and I am not saying I disagree with it. I am just looking at it from a writers perspective that is all. I mean it is one scene where Penny is doing Yoga and Ask's Leonard "Do you want to join?". I don't think it is detrimental to their level of affection completely. I guess it depends on the beholder, I do like how they maintain their independence in their relationship, but I do agree more affection would be great they are not married they are still in their 20's I think Leonard is in his early 30's or late twenties? But well see strong start to the season, generally Lenny well get some good stuff around Sweeps. 

Yeah but it is a sign of their relationship evolving. TBH she wasen't all that affectionate in S3 other then the bedroom lol. I get your point of view and I am not saying I disagree with it. I am just looking at it from a writers perspective that is all. I mean it is one scene where Penny is doing Yoga and Ask's Leonard "Do you want to join?". I don't think it is detrimental to their level of affection completely. I guess it depends on the beholder, I do like how they maintain their independence in their relationship, but I do agree more affection would be great they are not married they are still in their 20's I think Leonard is in his early 30's or late twenties? But well see strong start to the season, generally Lenny well get some good stuff around Sweeps.

I get a sense from the taping report we won't be talking about this next week.

I get a sense from the taping report we won't be talking about this next week.

I guess, depends how next week plays out. We know the words, we have to see how the actors play the scene.

You know I was thinking about this more and Penny has the best stories for each of the tapings we've gotten so far. The next episode seems to be a lot about Leonard and her marriage fears and the next is big with her and Emily not getting along. That makes the whole first four episodes heavy with interesting Penny stories. I'm really interested in tonight's taping to see if that continues, I wouldn't mind a season that was mostly about Penny with maybe the girls thrown in. I think so far the girls have dominated the show this season, like this second episode the girls part I found funnier than the guys.

I like the idea of Penny as the actor fish swimming in the corporate waters. I think she will do well in a different environment - she is a terror at winning games - so others should watch out. Leonard might have more chances to demonstrate shock and pride. It would be hysterical if she became really good at selling - she is a people person after all - and she already made one ally. I'm on board for this being a good year for Penny, and Leonard may just have to cope - which he is good at.

• Like 2

Yes I am up for a Season that mostly focus on Penny's career and her life choices, and the girls plots too. I loved the Girls plot in Bakersfeild S6. I think it would be hysterical too if Penny became so good at selling she started doing it everywhere even to Leonard haha. Taping Report today, hope it is a fun episode, yes I know Paintball is out of the question. But well be good if we see signs Lenny's parents coming into the fold soon. 

Just like with Apeist, the second episode showed that when Penny does knuckle down and commit 100% she can succeed and be just as good as the others. She just needs positive support which Bernie gave her in the end and Penny was the one who wanted to keep going. I'd like to see her approach Leonard and remind him that he can help her by supporting her studying this science stuff like he did with rehearsing Apeist but not like when he doubted her smarts and rewrote her essay. Supportive Leonard not fixit Leonard. I liked the Penny we saw at the end of junior Professor. I hope Leonard does too.

• Like 1

I liked the Leonard and Penny we saw together in 4A in E 1. It was a short, but sweet scene. You could feel that they were comfortable together in the morning and we've assumed they've been living together in 4A while Sheldon was gone. No stress or friction, a happy good morning and some warm, loving smiles and yoga banter. I wish there had been more "alone time", but there was lots going on and it was great to see everyone back together in a funny episode. Really felt like a homecoming.

I like Penny's new look. I think the short hair showcases her high cheek bones and beautiful eyes, and she looks fresh and sophisticated. And Leonard doesn't have a clue that he's looking pretty hot in his tee shirt.

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 5

Leonard is more buff than he use to be and he did make a reference in season 6 that he was trying to do pull ups, I sort of wish Penny would notice it and comment. It would be cute to see Penny rub her hands on his chest and give his biceps a squeeze while getting a little turned on by it.

• Like 2

Post 3000. Lordy. Go L/P. So buffed. Balls of muscle, both. Though I'm guessing about Leonard really. Maybe they could put him in a camisole. Or a singlet. Either.

EDIT. And we knew Penny had determination, she just didn't get the opportunity. Now here it is. Stand back. LOL.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 4