[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

Fellow members, unfortunately the others will have more story time than our favorite couple, like it or not.  Very strange that Penny has not kissed Leonard yet, the writers must be on strike. :icon_neutral:

I  hope the lack of kissing by Lenny this season so far does not indicate a perception of distance, I think Penny is just focusing on her new job; however she does need to prove anything to Leonard; Penny is an smart and driven individual.  hey, Penny is Leonard's goddess :shy:.    I think Leonard and to less extent Penny, are being the sacrificial lambs so the others get more story time; especially the child of the TBBT, which I will not name here, this a Lenny thread.

sorry, I meant to say.  I think Penny is just focusing on her new job, however does not need to prove anything to Leonard.

Fellow members, unfortunately the others will have more story time than our favorite couple, like it or not.  Very strange that Penny has not kissed Leonard yet, the writers must be on strike. :icon_neutral:

I  hope the lack of kissing by Lenny this season so far does not indicate a perception of distance, I think Penny is just focusing on her new job; however she does need to prove anything to Leonard; Penny is an smart and driven individual.  hey, Penny is Leonard's goddess :shy:.    I think Leonard and to less extent Penny, are being the sacrificial lambs so the others get more story time; especially the child of the TBBT, which I will not name here, this a Lenny thread.

sorry, I meant to say.  I think Penny is just focusing on her new job, however does not need to prove anything to Leonard.

Normally I agree with you, but this season so far, I think Penny has been the main star.  The first two episodes have had a lot about her job, she got some great scenes, like the interview and I think the girls have been much funnier and enjoyable than the guys in the first two episodes.  Actually I found both Sheldon's storylines in the first two episodes boring and not very funny.  I think there were a lot of fans hoping for some kind of change from Sheldon after his trip, if even just a little change, like missing Amy, but there was nothing, so Sheldon has actually been a disappointment so far in season 8.  Now I'll be the first to admit that could change quickly, but it seems Penny is heavy in the next two episodes too, fear of the wedding and problems with Emily, so right now I think the seasons big character so far has to be Penny.  Too bad, but Leonard has been regulated to just a little more than Howard, Raj status.

• Like 2

Would like to see the writers having Leonard going through a rough spot either financial or career wise; to see how would Penny react to it.  I don't think Leonard would accept " financial support " from Penny or any one for that matter.  When Leonard said " I want to give Penny the life she deserves " that was noble, romantic, touching and out of pure love for her.  one the best expressions of feelings by Leonard of all time.

It is sad so far, Leonard being relegated to second class, hey but getting a million for it, I guess not so bad.  I hope there will be great moments this season between Lenny.  I m very happy that S8 started but sad of not seeing the Lenny togetherness so far, the moments we saw on S7. Hopefully towards end of S8 the great Lenny moments will comeback.  So disappointing that  has not been done anything regarding Penny's preparations for her wedding to Leonard.  No talk of wedding arrangements.  Seems like for the producers Lenny engagement was just a regular event of no importance; I hope they don't forget that for millions of Lennies out there, their engagement is a big deal.  As a Lenny fan since episode 1, Penny saying yes to Leonard in marriage, was one the greatest moments of show. 

Would like to see the writers having Leonard going through a rough spot either financial or career wise; to see how would Penny react to it.  I don't think Leonard would accept " financial support " from Penny or any one for that matter.  When Leonard said " I want to give Penny the life she deserves " that was noble, romantic, touching and out of pure love for her.  one the best expressions of feelings by Leonard of all time.

I wonder if it would be too dramatic, Penny reminding Leonard about all the times he helped her and even about the car, so it was her turn, because they are now engaged.  It would be a great Team Hofstadter moment, but the writers would never use it unless they could make it funny.

I wonder if it would be too dramatic, Penny reminding Leonard about all the times he helped her and even about the car, so it was her turn, because they are now engaged.  It would be a great Team Hofstadter moment, but the writers would never use it unless they could make it funny.

Nonsense, we know they can do touching scenes without making it funny/stupid, if it's necessary.

Even though Leonard hasn't had a big plot line in the first 2 episodes, he seems really happy and relaxed to me. He was really patient about the unexpected trip to AZ and was especially kind to Amy and Sheldon. He and Penny were really cute together in their yoga scene.He was having so much fun with the guys at the end of E 2 with their smart contest. He isn't whiny or crabby and he was funny without being too snarky. I think it's because he is so joyous about the engagement and he's had a wonderful summer alone with Penny and he feels secure in their mutual love for each other.

Or, I could be seeing what I want to see, because I love the stupid PopTart.

• Like 5

Even though Leonard hasn't had a big plot line in the first 2 episodes, he seems really happy and relaxed to me. He was really patient about the unexpected trip to AZ and was especially kind to Amy and Sheldon. He and Penny were really cute together in their yoga scene.He was having so much fun with the guys at the end of E 2 with their smart contest. He isn't whiny or crabby and he was funny without being too snarky. I think it's because he is so joyous about the engagement and he's had a wonderful summer alone with Penny and he feels secure in their mutual love for each other.

Or, I could be seeing what I want to see, because I love the stupid PopTart.

I think you may be reading a little too much into it, but I do agree they seem to be doing fine, no conflict, just content with each other.  It is just a little passion would be nice too.

• Like 1

I agree Strawberry PopTart Fan, their expressive passion disappears suddenly from S7, strange indeed. But since they are go be married, it is implied that intimacy is behind close doors so we just see their daily life outside that. We know already they are passionate with each other, but it would be nice would if they throw to the camera intimacy moments.  As long everything is wonderful between Alpha male and queen bee, the universe is in conjunction. 

• Like 2

And we have 22 episodes to go so a little bit of patience wouldn't go astray either. A lot of their most passionate moments come out of a bit of angst or tension so maybe we need a bit of the challenge we are dreading for them to get all fired up and passionate. Face it, the proposal came out of a half argument, the I love you from a fight, the mementos box from a challenge to be more romantic, the car came from crisis, they were sos cute at Thanksgiving after the Vegas wedding fiasco, the be my valentine moment - fight. The holographic lab sex came from a period of Penny doubt, their first successfully pleasing sex came from almost agreeing it wouldn't work. Maybe the writers think they need tension for passion.

Any way, this week's episode ends with a Lenny moment so we should be excited waiting for that one.

• Like 3

hopefully Lenny's families will show up towards end of S8.  I cant wait for the moment Penny's brother shows up and scares the guys or he has a talk to Leonard, " Leonard, make sure you take good care of my sister, she did tip a cow.  I m watching  " hehehehhe, I could imagine Leonard peeing on his  pants or being strangely not touchy with Penny in front of her brother.  Or Leonard going to his room from fear from Penny's brother. saying " I have a headache, I m going lay down " ehhehhe