[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

3ku11

Penny should really tell Leonard the truth about what happened that night, blow the story open and get the whole truth out

Leonard seemed over it the next episode, I think he knew he really didn't have a reason to question her, because after all she was his friend, not girlfriend and remember this is after he asked Penny to stay away from him because of Priya demanding it.  So him being over it fast makes sense and besides him, she already told Amy it was a big mistake, so she really doesn't need to confess to anyone else.

• Like 1

Leonard and Penny couldn't care less about that accident years ago. They are engaged and I'm sure they have better things in mind than putting up with Raj's stupidity. Let him brag, who cares?

Well tommoros ep is The Hooker one ain't it? So I doubt much Lenny in that ep. The only reason they are bringing it up is so they can use Penny as collotaral damage for the whole Queen Bee face off, and a boost to Raj's self vanity. The whole incident is meaningless, it wasen't even an incident. Penny diddn't even know who was with her the next morning lol, I mean that speaks volumes. The only person who cares is Raj's ego. Change of topic, I hope too we see families soon, Penny's mother and Leonard's Mother I think could get on. But I would love a Penny's mother and Leonard's mother face off. One thing I really want to see this season, what I always have wanted. Is it is clear Penny has always had this inherent caring nature almost protectiveness towards Leonard. I would love too see Penny just full out go nebraska on someone, and defend Leonard like almost a Lion protecting her cub kinda thing. Bring Bev back and see Penny go bananas :p.

Edited by 3ku11

Well tommoros ep is The Hooker one ain't it? So I doubt much Lenny in that ep. .

No, that's not the episode.  Tomorrows is about Howard throwing out the first pitch and Lenny and Shamy going on a double date.  According to the taping report, there is a very sweet Lenny moment after a bit of tension.  

• Like 2

yes 3ku11, I would lovesee Penny go Nebraska on Bev regarding the

nasty way she treats her won son, Leonard.  I would love to see one Leonard's siblings show up.  His sister, maybe Penny would connect with her.

I would love to see Penny go Nebraska on Bev regarding the nasty way she treats her own son; would love to see on Leonard's siblings show up, perhaps his sister.  Penny would probably connect with her.  Lets hope that Leonard's brother and sister are not like Beverly, acentric. 

yes 3ku11, I would lovesee Penny go Nebraska on Bev regarding the

nasty way she treats her won son, Leonard.  I would love to see one Leonard's siblings show up.  His sister, maybe Penny would connect with her.I would love to see Penny go Nebraska on Bev regarding the nasty way she treats her own son; would love to see on Leonard's siblings show up, perhaps his sister.  Penny would probably connect with her.  Lets hope that Leonard's brother and sister are not like Beverly, acentric.

Leonard's sister and Penny becoming friends would be so great, especially if she supported Leonard and told him she was happy for him, he found Penny.

the First Pitch episode is a great example of this relationship and why I love it. The unspoken emotional bond of the shoulder touching on the couch followed by the automatic handholding all the way down the stairs as they confidently defend the love of their relationship to the non physical Shamy. They're still solid at the restaurant until analysis enters into it with the scientific method of the survey Shamy took. Classic Lenny canon then kicks in with the overthinking on the differences they have, Penny stresses, Lenny starts out trying to be funny that only makes things worse but then it's saved by The Romance Ninja with his it's scary but we'll make it together holding hands comment.

Whether we like it or not this is the Lenny that has always existed and its going to stay that way. It's the difference between their relationship and what Sheldon ( I'll only mention his name once) thinks relationships are. I'm with Lenny on this one. Love can't be quantified or ranked and common interests can be the sign of a great friendship but not necessarily love. Getting mushy here, but my wife and I were part of a friendship group first. There were many females in that group that I shared more common interests with than her but it's her I ended up loving. We are very different people. She's my Penny and I'm her Leonard. But it works very well thanks very much. Just like Lenny does. Thought it was a great Lenny moment in this episode. Could have done with a closing scene with them following up on Leonard's comment and Penny's gorgeous "oh Leonard" response rather than dragging out Howard's pitching debacle but I'll take it.

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 6

Mr. Destined,

Thanks for such a great description of the Lenny we love. Like their relationship, it can be both painful and joyous to watch them together.Sometimes we know how much they love each other  more than they do. I liked the episode a lot and it left me wanting more. In addition to the shoulder touching, the handholding and the interaction in the pub, watching them have fun at the game was great too.

I also like you story about you and Mrs. Destined! It doesn't sound mushy. It sounds loving.

• Like 2

I liked the episode and the Lenny moment, but it so obvious now they are holding them back from kissing each other.  Howard and Bernadette get the first season kiss with this episode, when Bernadette kisses his cheek.  Penny had two perfect opportunities to kiss him this episode and if this was a previous season she would have.  First when she sat next to him on the couch, a kiss on the cheek would have fit perfectly in that scene.  Then when they held hands, normal people would have leaned in and kissed each other.  I get the feeling the Lenny kiss is becoming like the Sheldon hug, to be used only during extreme situations or it won't be special.  I am happy though she still touches him, hopefully we won't loose that too.

• Like 4

I liked the episode and the Lenny moment, but it so obvious now they are holding them back from kissing each other.  Howard and Bernadette get the first season kiss with this episode, when Bernadette kisses his cheek.  Penny had two perfect opportunities to kiss him this episode and if this was a previous season she would have.  First when she sat next to him on the couch, a kiss on the cheek would have fit perfectly in that scene.  Then when they held hands, normal people would have leaned in and kissed each other.  I get the feeling the Lenny kiss is becoming like the Sheldon hug, to be used only during extreme situations or it won't be special.  I am happy though she still touches him, hopefully we won't loose that too.

On the bright side, they were allowed to kiss when they got engaged, something Howardette didn't get to do.

Aw Poptart, thanks. I may try to come across as all logical and analytical but I'm a big romantic softie at heart. I did sing to Mrs Destined as she walked down the aisle as a surprise. Don't think Lenny will be trying that though. We've heard both of them sing!

SRAM, agreed. Lionne and I both commented on the missed kissing opportunities in the episode thread. It appears hand holding is the new kissing for Lenny. Don't know how she could have resisted a kiss after her "Aww Leonard !" response.

• Like 2

Not sure why everyone is reacting badly to them not kissing. Like said, it is used for special moments. Big Bang is not a rom com type of show. The couples have never been the touchy feely type relationships. So I get worry over them not kissing. But its not a romantic comedy, so I guess the writers don't think Okay where can we fit a kiss in this scene. It is inferred. It makes BBT special, when they kiss it is special. I have no problem with them not kissing all the time, its more subtle then it used to be in S3. What we have got instead is their relationship more emotionally evolved and matured, and I well take that over Penny hulking out, and Leonard letting her. 

Edited by 3ku11

Lenny kisses are legendary and numerous and pretty magical Their kisses are so legendary they have names! The lime kiss, Schrodinger's cat kiss, the lab kisses, the tardis kisses,the kisses after inhaling gas kisses, the make Leonard feel better about his mom kisses, the good-bye kisses, the welcome home kisses, the engagement kiss...... Of course Leonard and Penny have always been touch feely. That's been a big part of their romance. Penny kissed Leonard more when they weren't a couple than she has in S8. It's still great watching them interact and we still love them, and we are being patient,  but the abscence of kissing and hugging is a big departure from how they have always beem as a couple. I don't know how you can say "The couples have never been the touchy feely type relationships." Whether the show is a romantic comedy or not, which it isn't, all the romances are one of many reasons people watch.

• Like 3

Lenny kisses are legendary and numerous and pretty magical Their kisses are so legendary they have names! The lime kiss, Schrodinger's cat kiss, the lab kisses, the tardis kisses,the kisses after inhaling gas kisses, the make Leonard feel better about his mom kisses, the good-bye kisses, the welcome home kisses, the engagement kiss...... Of course Leonard and Penny have always been touch feely. That's been a big part of their romance. Penny kissed Leonard more when they weren't a couple than she has in S8. It's still great watching them interact and we still love them, and we are being patient,  but the abscence of kissing and hugging is a big departure from how they have always beem as a couple. I don't know how you can say "The couples have never been the touchy feely type relationships." Whether the show is a romantic comedy or not, which it isn't, all the romances are one of many reasons people watch.

You don't always have to argue my point, you have yours I have mine. Romances are not the reason ppl watched this show, but thats for another topic and another day. Of course Lenny is romantic so ppl are fan of it, like me. I was just looking at it from a writers perspective. Penny is not that type of person. I don't agree Lenny has always been touchy feely, depends how you define touchy and feely. Those kisses were more lust and tension. What I mean by touchy feely, is like isolating a scene and all they do is kiss. hug, hold hands show general affection.  I am just saying the variation and frequency is different then most shows. 

Edited by 3ku11

I think moments between Lenny are truly special.  When Leonard Penny that they will face marriage together by holding her hand; most like they kissed and said their love you's to each other. Their intimacy at this point is implied, we don't to have to see always and that is a result of their mature relationship.  Come on, these two love birds are crazily in  love with each other.  Their moments together are special.  Cant wait for upcoming moments between them. :icon_wink:

meant to type " tells "  above between " when Leonard tells Penny "

no worries Lennies, our favorite couple love each other, don't read too much because they did not kiss.

• Like 1

Ummm. I've been watching faithfully since September 24, 2007. The main reason I watch is to follow the Leonard/Penny romance. My heart soared at the end of The Hamburger Postulate as she walked away from his table with a huge smile after learning it didn't work out with Leslie. My heart sunk as she left the bowling alley in The Wheaton Recurrence. I was elated during The 43 Perculiarity when she finally said ILY. For me it is their romance.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 7

There is on point from the last  episode that is intriguing to me, when Amy asks Lenny when are they planning to marry.  Penny said first she has to prove to her mother that she is not pregnant; what did she meant by that? Clearly Penny is in absolute charge of their marriage preparations, Leonard has no saying on it.  That line left me very intrigued, are Penny's family members the deciders of their wedding date? To me, I can see Lenny getting married by end of S9 or beginning of S10.

Lol different opinions dont flow sometimes I get that. I never said Lenny weren't romantic, or weren;t completely touchy feely. I was refering to the type of show BBT is but anyway. Look at the underlying points in my post, instead of literal sense. Of course the Romance between Lenny is one of the many reasons why fans are fans (I don't recall saying Lenny are not romantic, just the show). I was just trying to attempt anyway, explain why from a writers pov, they diddn't show them kissing but anyway. 

There is on point from the last  episode that is intriguing to me, when Amy asks Lenny when are they planning to marry.  Penny said first she has to prove to her mother that she is not pregnant; what did she meant by that? Clearly Penny is in absolute charge of their marriage preparations, Leonard has no saying on it.  That line left me very intrigued, are Penny's family members the deciders of their wedding date? To me, I can see Lenny getting married by end of S9 or beginning of S10.

I think that was a throw away line. I think her family has a history of getting pregnent out of wedlock. Penny probably just wants to reinforce she is marrying Leonard out of love, like she said in the Thanksgiving ep in S7. 

Lol different opinions dont flow sometimes I get that. I never said Lenny weren't romantic, or weren;t completely touchy feely. I was refering to the type of show BBT is but anyway. Look at the underlying points in my post, instead of literal sense. Of course the Romance between Lenny is one of the many reasons why fans are fans (I don't recall saying Lenny are not romantic, just the show). I was just trying to attempt anyway, explain why from a writers pov, they diddn't show them kissing but anyway.

I think that was a throw away line. I think her family has a history of getting pregnent out of wedlock. Penny probably just wants to reinforce she is marrying Leonard out of love, like she said in the Thanksgiving ep in S7.

in your prior post you said Romances are not why ppl watch the show. For me it is the main and most important part of the show for me.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 5