[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

There is on point from the last  episode that is intriguing to me, when Amy asks Lenny when are they planning to marry.  Penny said first she has to prove to her mother that she is not pregnant; what did she meant by that? Clearly Penny is in absolute charge of their marriage preparations, Leonard has no saying on it.  That line left me very intrigued, are Penny's family members the deciders of their wedding date? To me, I can see Lenny getting married by end of S9 or beginning of S10.

If you go back to 7.24, where Penny is talking to her mother, she says that "...No, I'm not pregnant. Yes, this is a first for our family..." I think having her say she want to prove that she isn't pregnant, is the writer's and producer's way of delaying the wedding to when they want it to happen. Along with throwing in a quick joke.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

in your prior post you said Romances are not why ppl watch the show. For me it is the main and most important part of the show for me.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Fine good for you, I never said romance was never part of the show. I said it is not the type of show. I was attempting to explain why the writers choose to for early scenes anyway have no Lenny kissing. OF course Romance is one of the reasons ppl watch this show. But I was just trying to give another perspective from the writer's point of view. So considering it is not a rom com, their is a reason why they don't kiss all the time. The premise of the show is not based on any romantic relationships, that is my point. I guess some take things literally, but it was never my intention, anyway moving on. 

There is on point from the last  episode that is intriguing to me, when Amy asks Lenny when are they planning to marry.  Penny said first she has to prove to her mother that she is not pregnant; what did she meant by that? Clearly Penny is in absolute charge of their marriage preparations, Leonard has no saying on it.  That line left me very intrigued, are Penny's family members the deciders of their wedding date? To me, I can see Lenny getting married by end of S9 or beginning of S10.

The Lenny are most likely going to get married on the 200th episode, which is the middle of season 9. They got back together in episode 100 so this would be perfect symetry.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 5

The Lenny are most likely going to get married on the 200th episode, which is the middle of season 9. They got back together in episode 100 so this would be perfect symetry.

I think you are probably right BangerMain.

I have to say I am so sick of the writers always going back to the empty well of "they don't have anything in common" for Leonard and Penny's relationship.  Why can't they come up with something new and interesting?   

I was proud of Leonard for the way he handle things and what he said marriage is scary and no test can tell whose has the best relationship, imo.

• Like 6

I have to say I am so sick of the writers always going back to the empty well of "they don't have anything in common" for Leonard and Penny's relationship.  Why can't they come up with something new and interesting?   

I was proud of Leonard for the way he handle things and what he said marriage is scary and no test can tell whose has the best relationship, imo.

200 sounds right. I agree with nothing in common bit is old. It's time to have Leonard move out.

When is episode 200?

Leonard won't move completely out till they get married and to be honest, I wouldn't put it past the writers to have Mrs Penny Hofstadter move in.

Sometime in the February sweeps, 2016. I can't get more specific as it will depend on how they schedule the show. But, jeez. Sweeps and the 200th episode, they won't resist that.

• Like 1

I have to say I am so sick of the writers always going back to the empty well of "they don't have anything in common" for Leonard and Penny's relationship. Why can't they come up with something new and interesting?

If the writers actually can be bothered to write lenny doing decent stuff together like they seem to do with Shamy, instead of all their convo worrying about Sheldon, conflicts & insecurities, but that will not be funny because it's not classic Lenny. So old...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 1

If the writers actually can be bothered to write lenny doing decent stuff together like they seem to do with Shamy, instead of all their convo worrying about Sheldon, conflicts & insecurities, but that will not be funny because it's not classic Lenny.

I so agree with your post and had the same thought but didn't post it as some always go crazy when we post anything negative about Sheldon and Shamy.  

It the very reason I want Leonard to have a good storyline that gets him away from Sheldon and has nothing to do with Sheldon --- for years now even when he is away from Sheldon it's still about Sheldon.  Look at how Howard gets his own storyline. Heck even Amy and Raj get storylines of their own.

• Like 1

The writers use Leonard almost exclusively as Sheldon's straight man, it is the way they attempt to keep Sheldon funny. The only deviation from that is his interaction with Penny to keep the Lenny story going. There are just too many fans invested in Lenny for the writers to let that relationship languish for too long. I can easily see then stalling till the 200 episode for the marriage and I really think Penny's job change was a way to accomplish that, because it changes the focus of the Lenny relationship. The only thing that bothers me is since they got back to each other in season 5, the tone of their relationship has changed, they are now more devoted to each other but they are less affectionate with each other, it is actually confusing because those should run parallel to, not opposite of each other.

• Like 1

I so agree with your post and had the same thought but didn't post it as some always go crazy when we post anything negative about Sheldon and Shamy.

It the very reason I want Leonard to have a good storyline that gets him away from Sheldon and has nothing to do with Sheldon --- for years now even when he is away from Sheldon it's still about Sheldon. Look at how Howard gets his own storyline. Heck even Amy and Raj get storylines of their own.

So true and its sad, it's about time leonard gets a good storyline instead of always been the middle man for the rest of the group. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't remember or even think Leonard has ever had a plot or storyline that doesn't involve penny or sheldon. Leonard is such a great talented actor & could make tbbt so much better & bring some much needed new twists, maybe him being offered a great opportunity somewhere else & has to deal with what to do & how it will impact his relationship & friends. He is just wasted. Such a shame.

• Like 4

The writers use Leonard almost exclusively as Sheldon's straight man, it is the way they attempt to keep Sheldon funny. The only deviation from that is his interaction with Penny to keep the Lenny story going. There are just too many fans invested in Lenny for the writers to let that relationship languish for too long. I can easily see then stalling till the 200 episode for the marriage and I really think Penny's job change was a way to accomplish that, because it changes the focus of the Lenny relationship. The only thing that bothers me is since they got back to each other in season 5, the tone of their relationship has changed, they are now more devoted to each other but they are less affectionate with each other, it is actually confusing because those should run parallel to, not opposite of each other.

People really need to let go of the kissing requests. What Leonard did last night was beyond romantic. It was nearly heroic (and I know, a kiss or a hug in return would seem to be warranted but...). That Penny could not physically let go of him was wonderful as well. With so many characters and stories to juggle, there is not enough time to have all the smooching, snogging, spooning, etc to be shown on camera. We know that there is a great deal of physicality between these two. We just need to be patient and be assured that there will be a payoff......

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 6

While there wasn't any kissing, I think this episode was sweet for Lenny. 

There is a lot that happens off screen.  I believe that showing Lenny more in synch and talking through issues just reinforces how strong of a couple they really are.  I also think overall the sweet moment (a la the hand holding and "Aww Leonard") are more poignant on screen than passionate kisses.  How many times were their discussions about how viewers never hear about what Penny is thinking or feeling?  For so long, viewers just had to accept she had these insecurities and somehow Lenny were working through them.. 

Would I complain if we saw more kissing if it made sense to the story?  No.  Am I going to complain to see Lenny sitting very close to each other in the back seat of a car, shoulder to shoulder on the couch, holding hands? No. 

Overall, I am happy what I am seeing on-screen re: Lenny.  I am curious to see how it all pans out over S8.

Edited by Denise07
  • Like 8

People really need to let go of the kissing requests. What Leonard did last night was beyond romantic. It was nearly heroic (and I know, a kiss or a hug in return would seem to be warranted but...). That Penny could not physically let go of him was wonderful as well. With so many characters and stories to juggle, there is not enough time to have all the smooching, snogging, spooning, etc to be shown on camera. We know that there is a great deal of physicality between these two. We just need to be patient and be assured that there will be a payoff......

THANK you! All of this pining for Leonard and Penny to "inhale each other's tonsils at every opportunity" is getting tiresome. (Yes, I know, I'm exaggerating, but from my perspective, it isn't by very much.) We (and they) know they love each other; we (and they) know the endgame is marriage. Because of this, we don't need to see them "pawing each other like horny otters" every other second. We got plenty of that in the third season. A more mature (if not necessarily more emotionally stable) relationship is where Lenny is at right now, and that's a good thing this far into the show.

• Like 6

THANK you! All of this pining for Leonard and Penny to "inhale each other's tonsils at every opportunity" is getting tiresome. (Yes, I know, I'm exaggerating, but from my perspective, it isn't by very much.) We (and they) know they love each other; we (and they) know the endgame is marriage. Because of this, we don't need to see them "pawing each other like horny otters" every other second. We got plenty of that in the third season. A more mature (if not necessarily more emotionally stable) relationship is where Lenny is at right now, and that's a good thing this far into the show.

Already looking forward to their kiss when they get married :) Hope they'll look as happy as you and your wife on that picture! :D

It the very reason I want Leonard to have a good storyline that gets him away from Sheldon and has nothing to do with Sheldon --- for years now even when he is away from Sheldon it's still about Sheldon.  Look at how Howard gets his own storyline. Heck even Amy and Raj get storylines of their own.

Could not agree more, Army Girl. I would love to see Leonard get a really good story. The best LEONARD (not a LENNY) story we had (IMO) was The Recombination Hypothesis from season five. We are long overdue for one. 

• Like 5

Hope we get a strong Lenny episode at tonight's taping!

As much as i want to agree with you, ermmmm, not going to build up my hopes, I think it's probably going to be about Penny's new job which I am good with & lots of Sheldon.

As much as i want to agree with you, ermmmm, not going to build up my hopes, I think it's probably going to be about Penny's new job which I am good with & lots of Sheldon.

There weren't any couple-plots in the last 2 taped episodes, so... who knows?

The writers use Leonard almost exclusively as Sheldon's straight man, it is the way they attempt to keep Sheldon funny.

Both Leonard and Penny have had a turn at showing disbelief or disregard for Sheldon/Amy utterances this season. Penny's "What...?" to Leonard in the back seat of the car, and Leonard's response about Sheldon and his ketchup adventures in 8.01 really show that these two have little in common with Sheldon and Amy. We don't see our two misunderstanding each other anymore, but the differences between the couples are becoming vaster. How they make this play sensibly longer run will be interesting. Why do L/P hang around them? Its pretty obvious that L/P are connected, even if they don't believe it themselves entirely.

I think they can easily carry the story between them, given the chance. The oncoming train crash/ wedding will give them plenty of opportunity. I'll just shut my eyes (as I do) when the third wheel rolls in.

And I enjoyed the "we both agree I'm not funny" proposition. He always goes down fighting. LOL.

• Like 3

I would so like to see a few more episodes of Penny and Leonard breaking out from around Sheldon.  Remember the shooting date and the date not a date plot, those two are funny together, they don't need no stinkin Sheldon to be funny.  That is one of the weird things about them not thinking they have anything in common, when the characters seem to really enjoy each others company alone and always have something to talk about with each other, which a lot of couples don't seem to have.

• Like 7

Martin, as you are purveyor of the lamest repetitive gag each episode I am astounded you can say this on a tagged shipping thread. Kudos to your cajones, man.

Hugs and kisses.

Nogravitasatall.

Edit:... and its wasn't about tonsil hockey per se. It was about a depiction of normal human congress. However as Hokie said, we were well served in 8.03. Still, hellos and good byes, in my culture, usually involve a kiss. And that's after 24 years and three kids.

Sheesh.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

Bit of Lenny plot. Leonard and Penny fight over finances. So go to Howard and Bernadette for advice. Sounds good. I agreee I dont need to see them kissing all the time. Just a little more affection. They also hold hands when Howard And Bernadette fight haha.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Of course Leonard and Penny have always been touch feely. That's been a big part of their romance. Penny kissed Leonard more when they weren't a couple than she has in S8.

I believe that was to show that, even though they weren't an 'official' couple, they were (a couple) in Penny's heart. Even if she didn't (or wouldn't) acknowledge it.

• Like 3