[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Lol different opinions dont flow sometimes I get that. I never said Lenny weren't romantic, or weren;t completely touchy feely. I was refering to the type of show BBT is but anyway. Look at the underlying points in my post, instead of literal sense. Of course the Romance between Lenny is one of the many reasons why fans are fans (I don't recall saying Lenny are not romantic, just the show). I was just trying to attempt anyway, explain why from a writers pov, they diddn't show them kissing but anyway. 

I think that was a throw away line. I think her family has a history of getting pregnent out of wedlock. Penny probably just wants to reinforce she is marrying Leonard out of love, like she said in the Thanksgiving ep in S7. 

In season 7 episode 24, Penny was telling her mother about her engagement.

Penny (on phone): No, Mom, it’s the same guy I’ve been going out with for the past two years. Yeah, the scientist. Well, it’s complicated. I mean, he works with lasers and atomic magnets. No, I did not see it coming. No, we did not set a date. No, I am not pregnant. Yeah, this is a first for our family. All right, tell Dad I love him. I gotta go. All right, bye.

So, yes people in Penny's family typically get married because of pregnancy. As for Leonard having no say in the wedding prep... Since when does the groom have any real say in that. I'm surprised Howard managed to slip in the Klingon text into the invitations for his wedding. As far as I know All the groom is usually expected to do is agree to the bride's decisions, show up, and say yes when asked. Which when I think about it also describes the rest of that sentence (and depending on the marriage the start of a different meaning of the word 'sentence').

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 2

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

Bit of Lenny plot. Leonard and Penny fight over finances. So go to Howard and Bernadette for advice. Sounds good. I agreee I dont need to see them kissing all the time. Just a little more affection. They also hold hands when Howard And Bernadette fight haha.

I guess this is what Lorre was talking about Penny new job/finances causing problems in Lenny relationships.  I just want something more for our couple --- is that too much to ask?

Thanks for posting the tidbits about Lenny, 3kull.

• Like 3

Looks like we get our Lenny story, and it's a good one. Just goes to prove how good they are together. And Just how wrong Sheldon was... (episode 3) a bonus. Goes to remind us that Lenny is the rock the show is based on.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 8

From Michy's taping report, I think we should stop worrying about any reports of supposed tension for Lenny. This money thing seems to be handled really well by the writers and isn't anything like we were thinking when it was reported. Lots of good relationship signs here. Penny goes Romance Ninja with the photo of them with the car labelled Best Fiance ever. The money fight itself was a lot like the Proton funeral to and fro - good humoured not snarky like the Lenny fights of old. "Let's not fight". Mature decision to seek out help from Howard and Bernie. Liked that they learned what not to do, that for a change HOwardette were fighting in front of Lenny instead of other way around ( probably showed them both that its OK to have issues as a married couple ) and discussed that they now knew how to work it all out before the wedding. Joint account idea was good to hear. Honestly sharing what they thought each other's issues were. Great problem solving all round. 

AND

We get a hug 

AND 

We get implied bed scene.

Emotions are back!

• Like 7

Looks like we get our Lenny story, and it's a good one. Just goes to prove how good they are together. And Just how wrong Sheldon was... (episode 3) a bonus. Goes to remind us that Lenny is the rock the show is based on.

Good together? I think that's a bit of an understatement.

From Michy's taping report, I think we should stop worrying about any reports of supposed tension for Lenny. This money thing seems to be handled really well by the writers and isn't anything like we were thinking when it was reported. Lots of good relationship signs here. Penny goes Romance Ninja with the photo of them with the car labelled Best Fiance ever. The money fight itself was a lot like the Proton funeral to and fro - good humoured not snarky like the Lenny fights of old. "Let's not fight". Mature decision to seek out help from Howard and Bernie. Liked that they learned what not to do, that for a change HOwardette were fighting in front of Lenny instead of other way around ( probably showed them both that its OK to have issues as a married couple ) and discussed that they now knew how to work it all out before the wedding. Joint account idea was good to hear. Honestly sharing what they thought each other's issues were. Great problem solving all round. 

AND

We get a hug 

AND 

We get implied bed scene.

Emotions are back!

Really two implied bed scenes. The first when she says he left the money on the dresser after they had sex and then the scene of them undressing at the bed, but who's counting.

• Like 6

Really two implied bed scenes. The first when she says he left the money on the dresser after they had sex and then the scene of them undressing at the bed, but who's counting.

Ooh, I forgot about that one! After fight sex! Like old times!

• Like 3

While it's cute how they decided to have sex on the money, I believe they have a joint bank account now :) Well, I hope so!

Really a joint account could be funny in a future episode, as anyone who has had one knows.

• Like 1

Great episode for Lenny, these two are getting stronger & stronger in S8. I just love the way they deal with issues as a couple now & are not afraid to discuss them instead of fighting, the snaping is still there but that's no biggie. Lol.

The hand holding, the touching & now a hug, (we are spoiled) if they keep that up, I'll be happy with less kisses.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Maybe the best episode for Lenny since they got back together. Agree with everyone's comments from above. One prediction though which is good and bad. I think Penny will not have this job forever and eventually lose this job but Leonard will hold on to the money Penny gave her. He will save it for a rainy day.

• Like 1

Martin, as you are purveyor of the lamest repetitive gag each episode I am astounded you can say this on a tagged shipping thread. Kudos to your cajones, man.

Yeah, isn't it grand that I can say whatever the hell I like (within the confines of the forum rules, of course), especially that lame repetitive gag? Cheers!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great episode for Lenny, these two are getting stronger & stronger in S8. I just love the way they deal with issues as a couple now & are not afraid to discuss them instead of fighting, the snaping is still there but that's no biggie. Lol.

The hand holding, the touching & now a hug, (we are spoiled) if they keep that up, I'll be happy with less kisses.

The scenes at Howard and Bernadette's apartment do sound nice. It will be good to see them sitting together like an engaged couple, holding hands, while watching what is going on. It is sort of like how it was good to see Penny on Monday just walk into the apartment and immediately go to Leonard to lightly lean on him, like he was hers, which he is.

• Like 3

@SRAM, yeah hope we get to see a lot more of those moments, Penny just does it instinctively when she sees him, so adorable

It's like this season they are building lenny towards the big day as they deal with their fears & future together. 8.3 dealt with their fears which was resolved & this TR, not only did the writers highlight the financial struggle, it also showed lenny that married couple do argue and it's normal. Another growth for lenny because they now know they will be alright.

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 2

Yeah, isn't it grand that I can say whatever the hell I like (within the confines of the forum rules, of course), especially that lame repetitive gag? Cheers!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Lame? Repetitive? Gag?

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

@SRAM, yeah hope we get to see a lot more of those moments, Penny just does it instinctively when she sees him, so adorable

It's like this season they are building lenny towards the big day as they deal with their fears & future together. 8.3 dealt with their fears which was resolved & this TR, not only did the writers highlight the financial struggle, it also showed lenny that married couple do argue and it's normal. Another growth for lenny because they now know they will be alright.

Not only argue but argue a lot more about it than Lenny did, making their little discussion seem extremely trivial, which probably was the reason they played with the money later in bed, like it was meaningless.

However now I can't get the pictures out of my head, one of Penny nude in bed with money strategically placed over certain areas and the other of a naked Penny and Leonard walking hand-in-hand from the bedroom, after having sex, with bills stuck on their asses. And yes I know I am a pervert!

• Like 2

Not only argue but argue a lot more about it than Lenny did, making their little discussion seem extremely trivial, which probably was the reason they played with the money later in bed, like it was meaningless.

However now I can't get the pictures out of my head, one of Penny nude in bed with money strategically placed over certain areas and the other of a naked Penny and Leonard walking hand-in-hand from the bedroom, after having sex, with bills stuck on their asses. And yes I know I am a pervert!

I think you may need a cold shower.

• Like 2

Hahahahaha. That will be so funny. I have imagined worst but obviously I can put it here as I probably be classed as a sick pervert. (Day Dreaming...) I forgot what my point was... Oh yeah, didn't have one. Lol

• Like 1

Don't they have to worry about paper cuts?  Poor Leonard cute little tushie and not to mention a certain other part.  :icon_redface:  :icon_biggrin:

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 3

I think you may need a cold shower.

Me too.

Don't they have to worry about paper cuts? Poor Leonard cute little tushie and not to mention a certain other part. :icon_redface::icon_biggrin:

They can worry about later. It be hard to tell the difference between pain & pleasure, knowing what those two are like.

Sorry, but I can't get over the picture Penny made for them... "Best Fiancé ever". So, so thoughtful!

From M to Romance, I love this thread. It was a wonderful thing to do. Penny doing something romantic, definitely did not see that coming. It was a beautiful gesture & well thought, can't wait to see the scene. I might even cry.
  • Like 5