[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

3ku11

Hehe, at first it was "best boyfriend ever" (Locomotive Manipulation), now it's "best fiancé ever".

Ya know. A lot of us were upset because we were told that season six was going to be rocky for Lenny.  It was so great watching as they worked out the things that had been holding them back from moving forward as boyfriend-grilfriend,   Jealousy, commitment, I love you's, working at it, etc.  Well that was a rather wonderful season for our couple.  There were issues in season 7, but they started being more mature in working things out.    Now, we've been told that there would be tension with Lenny, as they work though Penny's new job, money, etc. and some Lennys were upset with idea of there being tension.   With Monday's episode and this taping report, I'm now wondering if we are going to get the engagement version of season 6.  And, we get some wonderful episodes as we watch them work out the problems and issues that need to be addressed as they  head toward the alter.  

Apparently, Molaro has a different idea of "tension" :mosking: 

Apparently, Molaro has a different idea of "tension" :mosking:

I know we like to keep this thread positive. But maybe there is more to come. Like a skeleton in Penny's closet. hope not. There are still a lot of things leonard doesn’t know about penny. TPTB may decide to go there. Obviously lenny will survive it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think his version of "rocky" and "tension" is here's a problem they need to address, we'll have then snipe at each other or fight about it. By the end of the episode, we'll fix that problem, and they'll be all lovey dovey.

• Like 2

I know we like to keep this thread positive. But maybe there is more to come. Like a skeleton in Penny's closet. hope not. There are still a lot of things leonard doesn’t know about penny. TPTB may decide to go there. Obviously lenny will survive it.

I don't think so. They addressed everything Molaro talked about. Money, flirting, power shifts. Everything seems to be done in one episode.

Edited by FileXxX

I don't think so. They addressed everything Molaro talked about. Money, flirting, power shifts. Everything seems to be done in one episode.

Ok. Cool. Never read the report so don't know what Molaro said.

I'm not sure about flirting yet, remember in the taping report, Bernadette said she could see down Penny's blouse and Penny was happy about that. I think we are going to see Penny use her charms as a pretty woman to help sell her clients which could end up causing some problems. Also we have yet to see her making her own money, so if she makes a lot more we can still see some power struggles.

• Like 2

I'm not sure about flirting yet, remember in the taping report, Bernadette said she could see down Penny's blouse and Penny was happy about that. I think we are going to see Penny use her charms as a pretty woman to help sell her clients which could end up causing some problems. Also we have yet to see her making her own money, so if she makes a lot more we can still see some power struggles.

Being flirty is one of the main traits you should have as a pharmaceutical sales rep. This doesn't mean you go on a date with your client. It's just harmless flirting to get better sales. Also, she said it's very professional and they probably talked about it already, because Leonard knows (and said) she's not "flirting" with them.

Being flirty is one of the main traits you should have as a pharmaceutical sales rep. This doesn't mean you go on a date with your client. It's just harmless flirting to get better sales. Also, she said it's very professional and they probably talked about it already, because Leonard knows (and said) she's not "flirting" with them.

I guess flirting is a debateable term. Let's just say she is putting it out there. Sales reps do wine and dine their clients, especially taking them out for working lunches and I wouldn't be surprised if Penny did get hit on. I could see some handsome doctor, or even pretty doctor, see her after work, out with Leonard, and ignoring him while they flirt/hit on her.

• Like 2

I'm not worring about LoveBug and PopTart today. Just gonna focus on the money all over the bed and the adult Scrooge McDuck moments to follow. (Thanks MichyGeary for planting that image in my brain).

Haha. LoveBug & Pop Tart. I think we should tag these as the new nickname for lenny.

• Like 1

I'm not worring about LoveBug and PopTart today. Just gonna focus on the money all over the bed and the adult Scrooge McDuck moments to follow. (Thanks MichyGeary for planting that image in my brain).

You have to stop that Strawberry, now I have that image of Penny covered in money on my mind again and Leonard with a big grin on his face as he decides to make change.

• Like 4

Now back to M. ☺

You have to stop that Strawberry, now I have that image of Penny covered in money on my mind again and Leonard with a big grin on his face as he decides to make change.

Do you think they will use the cash wisely or just blow it. Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 5

It's an excellent story. I had a twinge about the car, but she made a rational decision. It reads as a top notch episode. The issue is real, the tension would be there, they give a nod to sexism in commerce, they have a poke at the ethics of big pharma (were is the science in making your drug purchase based on how far down the rep's blouse you can peek?) and the episode seems to hit a genuine climax. It sounds terrific. They work through the problem and come out stronger - and it's funny. I'm very happy.

• Like 8

It's an excellent story. I had a twinge about the car, but she made a rational decision. It reads as a top notch episode. The issue is real, the tension would be there, they give a nod to sexism in commerce, they have a poke at the ethics of big pharma (were is the science in making your drug purchase based on how far down the rep's blouse you can peek?) and the episode seems to hit a genuine climax. It sounds terrific. They work through the problem and come out stronger - and it's funny. I'm very happy.

You summed it up pretty well! :)

Well said. My only concern, if I were in her shoes, would be what would happen if I lost the job (or quit). Obviously, I'd no longer have the company car, and would need a vehicle. That alone would convince me to hold onto my personal car. But, that's just my inner Leonard speaking. :)

Well said. My only concern, if I were in her shoes, would be what would happen if I lost the job (or quit). Obviously, I'd no longer have the company car, and would need a vehicle. That alone would convince me to hold onto my personal car. But, that's just my inner Leonard speaking. :)

Joint account. worst concern ever

• Like 1

I think it has been implied that she going to make shit loads of money & if she invest her money probably & not go on a mad one. She should have enough saved up to buy a car of her own , if & when needed.

I think it has been implied that she going to make shit loads of money & if she invest her money probably & not go on a mad one. She should have enough saved up to buy a car of her own , if & when needed.

Hey, Leonard has tickets for the roller coaster. It goes up... and down. Um, lol.

• Like 3

would have made sense to sell the car, pay down credit card debt with higher interest rates, and buy a new car later with a car loan at a lower rate or with help from leonard if necessary. I don't think penny's gong to do that though. I forsee at least one more fight over her debt. With all her late bills and no savings she must have a low credit score as well and that could keep them from getting a house or condo and cause another argument while delaying leonard moving out again, which the writers will want to delay for as long as possible.
  • Like 1

would have made sense to sell the car, pay down credit card debt with higher interest rates, and buy a new car later with a car loan at a lower rate or with help from leonard if necessary. I don't think penny's gong to do that though. I forsee at least one more fight over her debt. With all her late bills and no savings she must have a low credit score as well and that could keep them from getting a house or condo and cause another argument while delaying leonard moving out again, which the writers will want to delay for as long as possible.

Didn't think of that. Forgot about the credit card debts. though that might be a throw away line when penny mentioned it to leonard during his talk about investing in the comic book store, but with Penny, you never know. I think we are seeing a new mature penny who will work on getting her poor credit rating fixed, bills etc. She got 2 yrs to fix up before she get married & by then hopefully penny will have her life under control.

I'm amazed that she's so sympathetic and sensitive when it comes to Leonard's insecurities now. She knew exactly what was going on and instead of fighting, they talked it through. I like that attitude! A really nice twist in their dynamic.

I'm amazed that she's so sympathetic and sensitive when it comes to Leonard's insecurities now. She knew exactly what was going on and instead of fighting, they talked it through. I like that attitude! A really nice twist in their dynamic.

Nicely put. Their love, commitment and joy with and in each other is shining through!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yeah I like that the writers aren't ignoring their past issues ( they are who they are) , they're making them openly and maturely solve them. Growth in character not change of character.

• Like 5