[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

would have made sense to sell the car, pay down credit card debt with higher interest rates, and buy a new car later with a car loan at a lower rate or with help from leonard if necessary. I don't think penny's gong to do that though. I forsee at least one more fight over her debt. With all her late bills and no savings she must have a low credit score as well and that could keep them from getting a house or condo and cause another argument while delaying leonard moving out again, which the writers will want to delay for as long as possible.

Here is a new worry for Leonard. STD... sexually transmitted debt. LOL. I'm sure he will enjoy catching it. And think of the reparations. Mwahaha.

It would be interesting if they go so far down onto the details as to review credit scores. I hope she returns to acting and goes on to being a $1m/ep sitcom lead or maybe a $60k/ep supporting role.

Then she can keep Leonard in the style with which he has no evident desire to be accustomed, might enjoy and will certainly give him more time to work on the fusion ignition problem and save the world from its lethal addiction to fossil fuels, solve the energy crisis, bring world peace and get some of the pressure off our one and only home.

There has to be a Nobel in that. Not that my expectations are high.

(off-topic but i just saw a report that estimates half the world's vertebrates have been killed off in the last 40 years... :( )

• Like 3

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

Here is a new worry for Leonard. STD... sexually transmitted debt. LOL. I'm sure he will enjoy catching it. And think of the reparations. Mwahaha.

It would be interesting if they go so far down onto the details as to review credit scores. I hope she returns to acting and goes on to being a $1m/ep sitcom lead or maybe a $60k/ep supporting role.

Then she can keep Leonard in the style with which he has no evident desire to be accustomed, might enjoy and will certainly give him more time to work on the fusion ignition problem and save the world from its lethal addiction to fossil fuels, solve the energy crisis, bring world peace and get some of the pressure off our one and only home.

There has to be a Nobel in that. Not that my expectations are high.

Finally a Leonard story for his fans to rejoice in!

• Like 1

Finally a Leonard story for his fans to rejoice in!

Yeah, well dark matter is interesting but there are practical solutions in basic science. And Leonard, once he gets his head out of his pants, could find Penny to be a tremendous source of capital for something else. Or they could form a super PAC for science. Penny could schmooze Congress.

Wont happen. Lol.

would have made sense to sell the car, pay down credit card debt with higher interest rates, and buy a new car later with a car loan at a lower rate or with help from leonard if necessary. I don't think penny's gong to do that though. I forsee at least one more fight over her debt. With all her late bills and no savings she must have a low credit score as well and that could keep them from getting a house or condo and cause another argument while delaying leonard moving out again, which the writers will want to delay for as long as possible.

But this is a comedy. What you suggest with the money make sense but probably won't happen. While People will be talking about the touching part of her giving Leonard the picture of the car IMO the most important part is that Leonard will end up holding on to the cash. He will save it in case she eventually will need it. I think they're is going to be one more fight over insecurities in their relationship. I think the writers will have it that Penny is the one that insecure. I think it will be a woman from his past or someone totally unexpected. This will cause the argument and delay Leonard from moving out.
  • Like 1

But this is a comedy. What you suggest with the money make sense but probably won't happen. While People will be talking about the touching part of her giving Leonard the picture of the car IMO the most important part is that Leonard will end up holding on to the cash. He will save it in case she eventually will need it. I think they're is going to be one more fight over insecurities in their relationship. I think the writers will have it that Penny is the one that insecure. I think it will be a woman from his past or someone totally unexpected. This will cause the argument and delay Leonard from moving out.

But I don't even classify them as fights anymore. They're robust discussions that are resolved by the end of an episode. And it will definitely be someone totally unexpected since he has shared every female sexual experience he's had with Penny since the show began, from Joyce Kim to Mrs Latham, slut bunny to near miss Alice as well as his actual relationships that lasted beyond one date. What are you expecting - Joy the sweaty lobster lover returns with a 4 year old son? Everyone can have their fun speculating on the next test for Lenny but I just don't see mystery girl being one. JMO

• Like 3

If lenny are going to have one more fight about their relationship, I think it's going to be about Penny's past, like I said earlier on this thread that girl got some skeletons in her closet that leonard doesn't know about or anybody for that matter. Thanksgiving. Ring a bell.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

If lenny are going to have one more fight about their relationship, I think it's going to be about Penny's past, like I said earlier on this thread that girl got some skeletons in her closet that leonard doesn't know about or anybody for that matter. Thanksgiving. Ring a bell.

... why stop at one more. It will go on to their graves. LOL. But I think the days of sudden death are over. It could be geography that gets them, driven by career. Wonderful chance for a heart rending scene at airport, train station, cab rank, submarine base, launch pad, Zeppelin hanger, rickshaw stop or tuk-tuk stand.

... why stop at one more. It will go on to their graves. LOL. But I think the days of sudden death are over. It could be geography that gets them, driven by career. Wonderful chance for a heart rending scene at airport, train station, cab rank, submarine base, launch pad, Zeppelin hanger, rickshaw stop or tuk-tuk stand.

I don't think it will be something that will spilt them up. God forbid. In the next episode leonard ask the guys if penny told him everything about her past. Don't know what the writers were hinting at there. Maybe it nothing. Love your ideas of a heart rending scene. Lol.

Back to happy Lenny fanboy☺

I don't think it will be something that will spilt them up. God forbid. In the next episode leonard ask the guys if penny told him everything about her past. Don't know what the writers were hinting at there. Maybe it nothing. Love your ideas of a heart rending scene. Lol.

Back to happy Lenny fanboy☺

Did not notice that. Lets see. My body is ready. LOL. :)

Seriously guys, they just taped such a wonderful episode and all we can talk about is what might cause them to split in the future.

???

Ditto.

It appears that Lenny shippers are like Lenny themselves. Only happy if there is tension to feed off.

Ditto.

It appears that Lenny shippers are like Lenny themselves. Only happy if there is tension to feed off.

Or we are insecure like our two favorite characters.

The whole thing with being married to Zack was pretty mind boggling, so the writers coming up with something worse than that is a scary thought. I still thing bringing their families into the picture is still fresh ground that hasn't been mined yet. You know what they say, you don't just marry the person, you also marry into their family. But there won't be a worry, because the writers have not let problems linger long between since Season 6 now. I think 6.02 set the tone from now on, she begins with serious concerns about them as a couple and by the end of the episode she gives in to her attraction to him and sleeps with him. Remember puppy-dog eyes don't work unless there is some sort of attraction.

Ditto.

Its the roller-coaster thing for me. You know there is going to be a fall and recovery, a fall and recovery, continuing until the rides ends. Then you go back to the start of the queue and do it over again. Whatever it is it, nobody gets hurt, I have had some anticipatory thrills, a fun ride and a good time with people that seemed to enjoy the same thing. But what you are saying is not about the couple, it's about the shippers. Isn't that what shipping lanes is for?

I don't even think the "marriage" to Zack was that big of a deal. It happened when they weren't dating and they didn't know about it. No feelings involved, it was just a marriage on paper. Everything would've gone down the same way for Leonard and Penny, even if they didn't find out about that accident back then. So, even if it's one hell of a scare at first, it's really not a big deal.

And of course they need some bumps on the road. Would be boring if there weren't any.

It's nice to hear that Penny is making some money but I wonder how long the new job will last. Personally I hope we haven't seen the last of her ambition to be an actress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Its the roller-coaster thing for me. You know there is going to be a fall and recovery, a fall and recovery, continuing until the rides ends. Then you go back to the start of the queue and do it over again. Whatever it is it, nobody gets hurt, I have had some anticipatory thrills, a fun ride and a good time with people that seemed to enjoy the same thing. But what you are saying is not about the couple, it's about the shippers. Isn't that what shipping lanes is for?

To be honest, nograv, I'm not sure what shipping lanes are for. I hadn't even heard of the term 6 months ago. But if it's about stressing about a relationship when we think something might be going wrong, then being exhilarated and relieved when it becomes great and then speculating on the next problem the day after then I'm happy to hop on the roller coaster too. Just thought the celebrations would last longer than 24 hours. Very Lenny behaviour! ( sidebar- I found fan forum's Snowflake Snugglers before this forum and that was all unicorns and rainbows so that was my first impression of shipping. This ship seems to sail in more turbulent waters than that one, which I prefer a lot more by the way, at the very least for the enjoyment of Tensor occasionally telling us off with those big bright pink words LOL.

• Like 3

I guess referring to the Lenny relationship as an amusement ride is an appropriate analogy, but I don't think just one will do. Sometime it is also the fun house or the scary ride and sometimes it is just the tunnel of love. I think this episode went from a scary ride to the fun house and finally the tunnel of love. But really it sounds like a great episode and I'm looking forward to it, not just because of Lenny, but also because I find Howard and Bernadette extremely funny too.

• Like 3

But I don't even classify them as fights anymore. They're robust discussions that are resolved by the end of an episode. And it will definitely be someone totally unexpected since he has shared every female sexual experience he's had with Penny since the show began, from Joyce Kim to Mrs Latham, slut bunny to near miss Alice as well as his actual relationships that lasted beyond one date. What are you expecting - Joy the sweaty lobster lover returns with a 4 year old son? Everyone can have their fun speculating on the next test for Lenny but I just don't see mystery girl being one. JMO

Someone from the past in retrospect is an impossibility. To me the next problem could be Emily. She's already jealous of Raj/Penny and her and Penny apparently don't get along. I could see Emily try to get even with Raj and Penny by becoming friendly with Leonard.

To be honest, nograv, I'm not sure what shipping lanes are for. I hadn't even heard of the term 6 months ago. But if it's about stressing about a relationship when we think something might be going wrong, then being exhilarated and relieved when it becomes great and then speculating on the next problem the day after then I'm happy to hop on the roller coaster too. Just thought the celebrations would last longer than 24 hours. Very Lenny behaviour! ( sidebar- I found fan forum's Snowflake Snugglers before this forum and that was all unicorns and rainbows so that was my first impression of shipping. This ship seems to sail in more turbulent waters than that one, which I prefer a lot more by the way, at the very least for the enjoyment of Tensor occasionally telling us off with those big bright pink words LOL.

An timeout that may be need be moved.

The shipping lanes thread was established as a response to a large scale meltdown on the website. A rumble. The rumble had resulted in the implementation of the ship zones. The shipping zones rules were created because shippers and fans couldn't discuss and compare ships without vigorously contesting the merits of each ship and character and were so closely identifying with their own ship or favourite character that they reduced argument to personal mis-characterisations and imprecations. Generalisations were invented and exchanged. Intelligences and characters were impugned. Much ugliness ensued. Tripper shut it down and put up the walls of the zones. No one spoke outside their tribes. The Shipping Lanes thread was created was because someone couldn't stand not having the opportunity to hear and espouse other views and wanted to have place where the features of shipping and other controversies could be discussed on a voluntary basis. Not a free fire zone, but a space for voluntary discussion and debate without intent to generate or take offence. Shipping lanes at sea was the metaphor, inspired by E. Annie Proulx's "The Shipping News". It died, perhaps because people tend toward homogeneity and it's too much trouble to take a conversation elsewhere. But discussion of the characteristics of the shippers is precluded in the shipping zones because history shows it can degenerate and it's now contrary to the rules of the house as found on the show page. Btw shipping derives from "relationship". I once thought it was from worshipping, such was the intensity of feeling. Many posts were hidden by necessity.

People are generally better behaved at present or maybe there are more moderators. Many of those who objected to the sexualisation of Sheldon no longer participate, and a point of contention between fans and fan groupings has been reduced. It's now the sort of the view that dares not speak its name.

Hope this helps.

Beam me up Scotty.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Or we are insecure like our two favorite characters.

The whole thing with being married to Zack was pretty mind boggling, so the writers coming up with something worse than that is a scary thought. I still thing bringing their families into the picture is still fresh ground that hasn't been mined yet. You know what they say, you don't just marry the person, you also marry into their family. But there won't be a worry, because the writers have not let problems linger long between since Season 6 now. I think 6.02 set the tone from now on, she begins with serious concerns about them as a couple and by the end of the episode she gives in to her attraction to him and sleeps with him. Remember puppy-dog eyes don't work unless there is some sort of attraction.

I agree that it's time that Leonard and Penny start inviting or visiting their family to get set for the wedding?  We have only met Leonard's mother and Penny's father so there is plenty for the writers to work with.  We can't get away from the same old, same old with their relationship and meeting each other families will throw all kinds of craziness into, imo.

I feel if the writers want to portray Leonard and Penny as a stable couple the writing for them should reflect this --- liking discussing where they will live, how many children, and so on. 

• Like 2

An timeout that may be need be moved.

The shipping lanes thread was established as a response to a large scale meltdown on the website. A rumble. The rumble had resulted in the implementation of the ship zones. The shipping zones rules were created because shippers and fans couldn't discuss and compare ships without vigorously contesting the merits of each ship and character and were so closely identifying with their own ship or favourite character that they reduced argument to personal mis-characterisations and imprecations. Generalisations were invented and exchanged. Intelligences and characters were impugned. Much ugliness ensued. Tripper shut it down and put up the walls of the zones. No one spoke outside their tribes. The Shipping Lanes thread was created was because someone couldn't stand not having the opportunity to hear and espouse other views and wanted to have place where the features of shipping and other controversies could be discussed on a voluntary basis. Not a free fire zone, but a space for voluntary discussion and debate without intent to generate or take offence. Shipping lanes at sea was the metaphor, inspired by E. Annie Proulx's "The Shipping News". It died, perhaps because people tend toward homogeneity and it's too much trouble to take a conversation elsewhere. But discussion of the characteristics of the shippers is precluded in the shipping zones because history shows it can degenerate and it's now contrary to the rules of the house as found on the show page. Btw shipping derives from "relationship". I once thought it was from worshipping, such was the intensity of feeling. Many posts were hidden by necessity.

People are generally better behaved at present or maybe there are more moderators. Many of those who objected to the sexualisation of Sheldon no longer participate, and a point of contention between fans and fan groupings has been reduced. It's now the sort of the view that dares not speak its name.

Hope this helps.

Beam me up Scotty.

No, I'm not moving it. It's good to have a reminder in thread every so often. Just a few clarifications. The main reason for the supportive comments rule, was what got all this started in the first place. One group going into another shippers thread and trashing that ship, and then the other group going back and trashing the first group's ship. So, the original intention, in setting up ship zones, was to stop other ship's posters, going into a tread and saying negative things in another shipper thread. The problem with that is how do you determine who can post problems? Other shippers are prohibited from calling out things they didn't like, but those of the ship were able to . As it could be difficult to determine who was a member of a ship or not, the rule became supportive statements. Again, and I stress this all the time, this does not me that problems, as posters see them, as long as it's supportive.

Another intention was to stop the back and forth between ships on who's was the best. As a result, you cannot trash another ship in your ship zone. It's not fair to those other ships who cannot answer. Also, since, for example,this is a Leonard and Penny thread. Talk about Leonard and Penny. We realize that other characters may be interacting with Leonard and Penny, so mentioning their actions (Sheldon leaving) is fine, but there is no need to analyze why Sheldon is leaving, in this thread, do that in the discussion thread or the Shipping Lanes. The same goes for analyzing what has happened compared to other shows. Again, not in this thread, but feel free to analyze things in the season thread or Shipping Lanes.

I want to thank the poster here recently. You guys are catching yourselves from getting too far afield. I understand getting a bit off topic. A stray comment, with a reply happens on all forums. But, Hijacking the thread is something we don't to happen. Remember, if you want to talk smack about another ship, The Shipping lane is the place, if you just want to discuss the problems you think other ships, or your ship have the season discussing thread would be the place.

We now return to our originally scheduled pissing contests.

Tensor

And now we have nothing to talk about. Thanks Tensor. Lol

Yeah I know, I keep feeling like I had cold water thrown on me.

I guess we could go back to bare necks and beds covered in money. How about Leonard assaulting Penny's bare neck, with his lips, while playfully rolling in a bed of money. I wonder if cash gets in strange uncomfortable places like sand does?

• Like 2

Yeah I know, I keep feeling like I had cold water thrown on me.

I guess we could go back to bare necks and beds covered in money. How about Leonard assaulting Penny's bare neck, with his lips, while playfully rolling in a bed of money. I wonder if cash gets in strange uncomfortable places like sand does?

If it was Australian money they could run it through the washing machine and keep it clean for the next time. Our notes are plastic and completely safe for adult play.