[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

SRAM mentioned the colour coded list. I'd bid for that bit of memorabilia. That lead to another one of my favourite scenes. I don't have anything like an eidetic memory (maybe early onset dementia, really. LOL) but I played that damn scene where he sits on the couch reading her list so many times I had it almost memorised. Her going off to find her flats so he "won't feel like he is going out for a walk with his mommy" and him saying " what do you mean, 'my eyebrows are stupid'?... Never mind... ". He handed her a grenade with that list and she just refused to pull the pin. That whole bit of business about the bug list and how "... dating used to be hard" and the follow up, was brilliant. Not a huge emotional moment, but funny and wry, and demonstrating that they could take risks because they fundamentally trusted each other.

When they get material like that, these two are so funny, and just so good, that it makes up for the rest of nonsense that comes along.

• Like 8

Even when he is nervous and she is doubtful, there is a comfort between the two of them that runs quite deep. The familiarity and ease that exists between them is wonderful. No more so than when she pulls him out into the hall to confide to him, and only him that her car is dead. Not that she is looking for him to fix things, but the fact that he is her touchstone, her harbor in a storm.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 9

Even when he is nervous and she is doubtful, there is a comfort between the two of them that runs quite deep. The familiarity and ease that exists between them is wonderful. No more so than when she pulls him out into the hall to confide to him, and only him that her car is dead. Not that she is looking for him to fix things, but the fact that he is her touchstone, her harbor in a storm.

Tapatalk

That was an extremely touching moment, she just wanted him so she could cry on his shoulder and get comfort from him, she didn't need anything more from him at that moment, just to tell her everything was going to be okay.  Then not only did he tell her it was going to be okay, he made it okay.  It is like the last epsiode, she was freaking out a little and he told her it would be okay, he was freaking a little too, but they had each other so everything was going to be alright.  He is always there for her, maybe he makes mistakes, but he is always there, he actually is a good catch for a husband, he is the kind of guy who you can trust and you know really cares for you, besides he has a cute tushie.

• Like 5

Thats my point in Penny intrinsically being crazy about Leonard. But her external fears of commitment, intimacy, friendship, being neighbours etc. But as Penny has become gradually vulnrable over the years. Shes realized not to push Leonard a way in the fear of loosing him, shes alot more open and honest now. It really is imo the most endering couple on the show, and in recent tv memory but im biast :p. And yes looking forward to families now, its time and living arrangements. And yes Wyatt needs to be at their wedding, which well prob be the 200th ep of next season. As they got bk together bk in S5 100th ep. I intially wanted the series final to be Lenny wedding. But get it out of the way early. Remember Wyatt was the one who told Leonard to not give up on Penny. Who knows maybe Leonard did give up on her romantically, before Wyatt came along.

I don't why Leonard is still living with Sheldon I thought he would move in with Penny. I guess it was because Penny was not working and money was tight but as of episode 8.01 she has a good job thanks to Bernadette I think it's time for Leonard to move in with Penny maybe later in this season we will see that happen

I don't why Leonard is still living with Sheldon I thought he would move in with Penny. I guess it was because Penny was not working and money was tight but as of episode 8.01 she has a good job thanks to Bernadette I think it's time for Leonard to move in with Penny maybe later in this season we will see that happen

I guess the writers are delaying it just like the wedding. They want to keep all the dynamics in 4A & are not ready to split Leonard & Sheldon yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Leonard and Penny basically live together anyway. Obvoiousley Leonard and Sheldon is the core arch of the show. And i feel seeing the premise is heavily based on their arch. And although shows evolved, i think the writers are resistant. But as its S8 i think seeing Leonard told Sheldon he well be moving in with Penny, and Status Quo has changed. Unless they plan on jumping the shark, and have Leonard wake up and just be a dream haha. I think changes are needed. So i agree they are dragging it out re Lenny living together. Shows slow and meticlous.

Tapatalk

Yes, it was a lovely moment. Definitely the sign of a healthy relationship. Not only does penny feel comfortable going to him, but he acknowledges that her problems are also his and surprises her with the car. I know Penny would do the same for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tapatalk

I've watched E3 many times. At first I wanted to see the "hold your hand" scene over and over. After a few viewings,  I got to love the ballgame scene just as much. The marriage fears have been calmed and we get to see Leonard and Penny having fun and the familiarty and ease between them are there in the happy times too. They're enjoying being together out in the sun, joking around, having a beer and supporting their friend at the ball park. They both love life and they love sharing their lives. They've know each other for 7 years, and have always enjoyed each other's company whether they were a couple or not. Leonard nailed it when he told Sheldon that they are very different people but that doesn't mean they aren't a good couple. They have more than enough in common upon which to build a good marriage.

(The baseball game scene is also great to watch because it was too hot for Leonard to wear the hoodie and he definitely worked out over the summer. He needs to get outside more this season.)

• Like 2

Here is the reason for Leonard and Penny not moving in.  

At some point, Sheldon is going to have to accept the idea of losing his roommate to Penny. How will we see him struggle? And how will that affect his relationship with Amy? Is there going to be some sort of apartment switch this season?

As of now, Leonard and Penny are not in a rush to get married so the living arrangements as we know them will stay put. We're not interested in making drastic changes to the fabric of the show. Leonard and Sheldon not living together would be a drastic change. At some point down the line we may experiment with it and see how it goes and how it affects Sheldon. Leonard and Penny also don't want to deal with the headache of putting Sheldon out because they know it will only make their lives harder. That may be one of the reasons that they're also not in a rush to the altar.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-boss-previews-732594

IMO the writers aren't ready to let Sheldon grow up so everything has to stay the same and that mean Leonard and Penny relationship is determined by his growth.  It's sad since Leonard and Penny relationship is the central couple of the show but things never happen that fast for they all due to a certain character of the show.

• Like 3

Here is the reason for Leonard and Penny not moving in.  

At some point, Sheldon is going to have to accept the idea of losing his roommate to Penny. How will we see him struggle? And how will that affect his relationship with Amy? Is there going to be some sort of apartment switch this season?

As of now, Leonard and Penny are not in a rush to get married so the living arrangements as we know them will stay put. We're not interested in making drastic changes to the fabric of the show. Leonard and Sheldon not living together would be a drastic change. At some point down the line we may experiment with it and see how it goes and how it affects Sheldon. Leonard and Penny also don't want to deal with the headache of putting Sheldon out because they know it will only make their lives harder. That may be one of the reasons that they're also not in a rush to the altar.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-boss-previews-732594

IMO the writers aren't ready to let Sheldon grow up so everything has to stay the same and that mean Leonard and Penny relationship is determined by his growth.  It's sad since Leonard and Penny relationship is the central couple of the show but things never happen that fast for they all due to a certain character of the show.

It's funny how they try to talk about Leonard and Penny, but instead it's only about Sheldon, Sheldon and Sheldon.

Is it just me, or did it seem that Sheldon's test result rating his and Amy's relationship at 8.2, was done without any input from Amy? And as a result was probably biast. When Amy said she wanted Sheldon to say romantic things, he told her that they had an 8.2 and that she was happy.

Edited by eirwinrommel

It's funny how they try to talk about Leonard and Penny, but instead it's only about Sheldon, Sheldon and Sheldon.

Yeah, like happens in this thread. This thread is for supportive discussion of Leonard and Penny. Not discussion of Sheldon and Amy (they have their own thread), or Sheldon.

My point is, that Lenny's relationship score is probably (we can't know without them taking the test) actually higher than Shamy's. And that the score of 8.2 is inflated.

Edited by eirwinrommel

It gets into shared finances, but that's all. As it turns out, Penny has some credit card debt (surprise) but it's kind of a throw away line.

That could lead to another fight in the future if she spends it as soon as she makes it. I could see an episode that starts out her having a lot of money, then a discussion with Leonard and the episode ending with her broke again, all her money going to pay her bills.

I

It gets into shared finances, but that's all. As it turns out, Penny has some credit card debt (surprise) but it's kind of a throw away line.

I think the peaceful place tonight is this thread.

My point is, that Lenny's relationship score is probably (we can't know without them taking the test) actually higher than Shamy's. And that the score of 8.2 is inflated.

I don't see anything in the episode that would point to the fact that Sheldon took the test by himself.  It only works if both members of the relationship take the test.  And I have to say, after reading a lot of the questions on the test, I believe that Lenny would have done very well.

That could lead to another fight in the future if she spends it as soon as she makes it. I could see an episode that starts out her having a lot of money, then a discussion with Leonard and the episode ending with her broke again, all her money going to pay her bills.

I could see that, but also I could see them making a budget for Penny so she could shop while still paying down her debt. Unless they decide that's not funny, and never mention it again (except as another throwaway line).

I don't see anything in the episode that would point to the fact that Sheldon took the test by himself.  It only works if both members of the relationship take the test.  And I have to say, after reading a lot of the questions on the test, I believe that Lenny would have done very well.

I agree that Lenny would do very good on any test that measured compatibility. As for the other couple and their score.

After Leonard said that "Marriage is scary... you're scared, I'm scared, but that doesn't make me not wan to do it...It makes me want to hold your hand and do it with you."

Amy says: "It would make me so happy if you said things like that."

Sheldon says: "We got an 8.2, trust me you're happy."

To me it doesn't sound like they BOTH took the test, but it sounds like Sheldon took the test and informed Amy of the 'results' but that's all I'll say so as not to get off topic. So as compensation: Hail Lenny, Hail Lenny, Hail Lenny.