[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

No I agree, I think Penny is the most changed character in the show. I don't think she is now much like the Penny of season 1, except that she is still spunky.

I sensed an air of desperation about her. She is going into a marriage she is nervous of, she has dropped her life's aspiration and she is doing a job for which she feels barely qualified. And she is not "the pretty girl" anymore. She is not as certain of things as she was. I think that is what comes across to me.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

I sensed an air of desperation about her. She is going into a marriage she is nervous of, she has dropped her life's aspiration and she is doing a job for which she feels barely qualified. And she is not "the pretty girl" anymore. She is not as certain of things as she was. I think that is what comes across to me.

I agree she is nervous & scared. But I think that's were the writers are going with the new job, give her confidence & believe in herself which will be good for lenny, break her out of her shell

Edit: Oh she still is pretty, short hair or long, kept quiet on the hair front with all the debates, because wanted to watch a few episodes & decide. But must admit, I hated it but she is still hot... just not used to it. Getting there, it's growing on me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 3

I agree she is nervous & scared. But I think that's were the writers are going with the new job, give her confidence & believe in herself which will be good for lenny, break her out of her shell

Prediction: Successful rep, then back to acting before we wrap.

• Like 2

Prediction: Successful rep, then back to acting before we wrap.

Glowing with confidence, back to acting with so much self esteem. She will smash it & become a star, marry leonard & live happily after with their smart & beautiful kids.

• Like 3

I think the biggest change is she is not the reclusive hot party girl that lives next door. Like some said its just her hair. Its the writing of her character that has changed, not her overall physical appearence. Some may hate change, but change is inevitable even in tv land. ITs her overall demenor too, but thats for another thread, maybe Penny character thread. Like Howard said "One of us One of us One of us...". She used to be anti-geek even, or even stranger in toon town. But the main core of her character, was outsider looking and coming in. She hasen't been an outsider for most of the series, she is fully integrated into the group. So I kind agree Penny is desperate with her life choices been deconstructed. I hope and expect acting to return. But not sure she well smash it, when she hasen't previousley, but success all the same. I guess the next step is bringing in families, depending on who's available. I still want a Lenny roadtrip to Nebraska and maybe for a change meet the family down their, instead of at 4A :p.  

Edited by 3ku11

You know one of the things I liked about 8.03 was that Lenny got to ride in the back seat of the car.  It would have been cute if the cuddled a little back there, but with Sheldon so against PDA, I can understand why. 

Anyway a road trip would be great.  I could see one episode, the two of them, as a second plot, driving to nebraska or in the plane.  One episode of them meeting Penny's family and Wyatt out somewhere, so all the people will be new.  Finally another episode them coming back, if on the airplane they have to infer Penny makes Leonard a mile high club member.

• Like 4

I think the biggest change is she is not the reclusive hot party girl that lives next door. Like some said its just her hair. Its the writing of her character that has changed, not her overall physical appearence. Some may hate change, but change is inevitable even in tv land. ITs her overall demenor too, but thats for another thread, maybe Penny character thread. Like Howard said "One of us One of us One of us...". She used to be anti-geek even, or even stranger in toon town. But the main core of her character, was outsider looking and coming in. She hasen't been an outsider for most of the series, she is fully integrated into the group. So I kind agree Penny is desperate with her life choices been deconstructed. I hope and expect acting to return. But not sure she well smash it, when she hasen't previousley, but success all the same. I guess the next step is bringing in families, depending on who's available. I still want a Lenny roadtrip to Nebraska and maybe for a change meet the family down their, instead of at 4A :p.

Would love to see a road trip to Nebraska to meet the fam. Can't see it happening, it's not the lenny show. More chance of a road trip to Texas.
  • Like 2

Would love to see a road trip to Nebraska to meet the fam. Can't see it happening, it's not the lenny show. More chance of a road trip to Texas.

Mmm yeah its not. But theirs no reason they coulden't do it, by going back and fourth between Lenny car and Pasadena and 4a and maybe 4b. Does Leonard live in Texas not sure if that has ever been confirmed. 

Edited by 3ku11

You know one of the things I liked about 8.03 was that Lenny got to ride in the back seat of the car. It would have been cute if the cuddled a little back there, but with Sheldon so against PDA, I can understand why.

One thing I noticed about them in the back seat, is that they were sitting quite close. Not sure if that was a result of positioning for the camera or not, but I imagined them holding hands, playing "footsies" and other sweet coupley things...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 4

Mmm yeah its not. But theirs no reason they coulden't do it, by going back and fourth between Lenny car and Pasadena and 4a and maybe 4b. Does Leonard live in Texas not sure if that has ever been confirmed.

Leonard is from New Jersey. Sheldon is from Texas. Get it. More chance of the writers doing a Shamy roadtrip than a Lenny.

Leonard is from New Jersey. Sheldon is from Texas. Get it. More chance of the writers doing a Shamy roadtrip than a Lenny.

Ok got it, why would they go to Texas? If Leonard lives in New Jersey? Anyway your probably right, but that's all were doing here isin't it, speculating. 

Ok got it, why would they go to Texas? If Leonard lives in New Jersey? Anyway your probably right, but that's all were doing here isin't it, speculating.

True. Would love to see a Lenny trip tho. With you on that.

One thing I noticed about them in the back seat, is that they were sitting quite close. Not sure if that was a result of positioning for the camera or not, but I imagined them holding hands, playing "footsies" and other sweet coupley things...

Tapatalk

I liked the intimately whispered "what... the f...?" when someone said something about how fortunate circumstances were such that their pants weren't on fire. Nice and close and teamed up.

• Like 1

I would have liked to rewrite the end of that scene, with Penny yelling at Raj, having her instead of just leaving, she goes over to Leonard, grabs his hand and pulls him with her.

Leonard: Where are we goin

Penny: To have sex

Penny then glares at Raj: For real you ass.

Of course now Leonard is smiling a little because angry sex is good stuff.

I would have liked to have seen that as well.

However, two things, 1. Penny said "Everyone knows we didn't sleep together!" So there was a discussion about that night. And 2. Leonard did react to the question about them breaking up. He said "Why say it?" then facepalmed.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 2

Those pictures really make them look like a married couple. I don't see anymore that she is too hot for him, they look like they belong together, the Physics PHD and his pretty wife or the Sales Representative and her husband, however you want to label them.

• Like 2

Need to say I am really, really liking this frequent hand-holding thing going on!!

Tapatalk

Didn't catch that, she really has his hand captured and on her lap, nice. It looks like she is holding it for comfort too, based on all the craziness happening in front of them. I like it. A few neck kisses would be nice, the kind where he walks in behind her, wraps his arms around her waist as she leans back into him, then gives her a kiss on the neck that makes her smile sweetly. A soft 'Leonard' from her lips would be nice too.

• Like 1

It maybe nice, but we're not going to see anything like that. The fact that they are very often physically touching each other (hand holding arms on shoulders, etc) is a way of implying all the things you would like to see. They (and more) are all happening, I am sure.

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 2

It maybe nice, but we're not going to see anything like that. The fact that they are very often physically touching each other (hand holding arms on shoulders, etc) is a way of implying all the things you would like to see. They (and more) are all happening, I am sure.

Tapatalk

Indeed, the imagination can be a very powerful tool...although a Lenny after dark spinoff shown after 9pm would be amazing , but of course would never happen...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2