[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

I don't think they well break up again. Anyone who says this must want them too. Their is abosloutely nothing to gain from doing so. Besides the writers have already said in so many words they won't. Considering the amount of times they have been their. And they have been together like Four years now. Evidence suggests they well go through tension, but deal with it like S6.

I agree . Bumps but not break ups.. The wedding is bound to be very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

They really have addressed the big thing about getting married, it's scary, so unless Penny has some big secret that she hasn't told Leonard they really covered the biggest hurtle, the being scared part. So they are really not in breakup territory, besides it wouldn't be a breakup actually, it would be a broken engagement and I can't see the writers going there, unless they make it permanent. Really if there is a breakup, there are other couples in group that are more vulnerable.

• Like 3

They really have addressed the big thing about getting married, it's scary, so unless Penny has some big secret that she hasn't told Leonard they really covered the biggest hurtle, the being scared part. So they are really not in breakup territory, besides it wouldn't be a breakup actually, it would be a broken engagement and I can't see the writers going there, unless they make it permanent. Really if there is a breakup, there are other couples in group that are more vulnerable.

No, they said there are no plans for disrupting their engagement.

I can't see them breaking them up.  They were able to get past the bowling alley break up, without moving and still stay friends.  At this point, I can't see any realistic scenario where they end the engagement and break up, without one or the other moving out of the building.  They are simply too involved with each other emotionally to keep them living across the hall in the case of a breakup.  It's been stated by one of TPTB that they don't want "upset the fabric of the show" by changing the living arrangements, by having Leonard and Penny move in together just yet.  However,  that would be exactly what a break up would do, change the living arrangements.

• Like 2

Yes too much happy talk. Need to speculate on possible upcoming crises

Hey - it's a situation comedy. By definition they have uncomfortable/awkward/unsettling situations that are resolved to generate comedy. I think it's not unreasonable to anticipate something other than lollipops and kittens, even though it will be resolved happily without harm - in the long run.

People have heart attacks over the stresses around weddings. Or will L/P just romp home without any snags at all? Where are the laughs in that. It's the sand in the massage oil that drives this show. Comedy is a person slipping on the banana peel. How big the pratfall decides the laugh, metaphorically. And they like to throw a bit of drama at L/P at key times. Not denying anything here, sirrah. Just kicking around risks on the old five by five likelihood vs consequence grid. What mitigates all the risks is that its an entertainment. But speculation is a fair endeavour, I think. Who saw Raj coming, for instance. (no one, boom-tish). It's about anticipation. I like it when the show messes with the guys - mostly. It's best when they are creatively messing with them. Also take away the drama and we don't have TBBT. They got here with a fair dose of it, why should they drop it now. Will they coast to s10 or s11? That'd be sad. Heheh :)

• Like 2

I am not keen on the clothes they have dressed Penny in so far this season, mostly long sleeved shirts. I'm not saying go back to shorts and little tops but she used to wear some really cute clothes, not loose, boring shirts.

Yeah, her causal clothes has been pretty boring lately. Hopefully that will change as the season moves along. Loved the yoga pants tho.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

As one of my stepson's friends said, yoga pants get me through the day. ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am not keen on the clothes they have dressed Penny in so far this season, mostly long sleeved shirts. I'm not saying go back to shorts and little tops but she used to wear some really cute clothes, not loose, boring shirts.

I know they can't dress her in shorts and little tops, but I have to say that I just loved those shorts and shirts, specially when she had the boots on, like in the Dr, Stephanie episode...

Shes 28 not 20... Her life choices and changes have always reflected in her apperence. Her life choices being deconstructed, and her changes in her life has altered her apperence. So the boring clothes maybe boring to you but it would just seem inconsolable for Penny to suddenlly dress like she did in S2 it woulden't make any sense, and it would feel out of place. Seeing that ship sailed 5 years ago, and the writers have made an effort to painting her no longer as a sex symbol. Wearing those type of clothes would be disengenious.  

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Shes 28 not 20... Her life choices and changes have always reflected in her apperence. Her life choices being deconstructed, and her changes in her life has altered her apperence. So the boring clothes maybe boring to you but it would just seem inconsolable for Penny to suddenlly dress like she did in S2 it woulden't make any sense, and it would feel out of place. Seeing that ship sailed 5 years ago, and the writers have made an effort to painting her no longer as a sex symbol. Wearing those type of clothes would be disengenious.

No one is saying she should dress like she did in season 2. She is still the hot girl next door to me, dress up or down. Don't know why anyone would think she isn't the hot girl anymore. Just saying she could make an effort.

No one is saying she should dress like she did in season 2. She is still the hot girl next door to me, dress up or down. Don't know why anyone would think she isn't the hot girl anymore. Just saying she could make an effort.

Well first off, her choice of apperence has not just been an issue this season. In Season 5 the clothing department were under dressing her too. I remember when Penny went on a "date" with Leonard, she wore like a grey suit and black suit pants. And I was like come on! haha. I think though its more a reflection of how the show is dressing her, opposed to her character has changed. Secondly I Think saying I miss her shorts and tops, infers she should dress like S2. And Thirdly no ones saying she isin't the hot girl anymore. People are just more specifically referring to the initial premise of her character. Shes still hot, but she is not the hot reclusive party girl who lives across from Two nerds and Howard and Raj. She is not an outsider, she is not dating dumb gym guys (Hasen't since S3-early 4), She doesen't work at the CheeseCake Factory anymore, she has given up acting (for now). She is no longer an anti-geek or stranger in toon town, she is now fully integrated into the group and engaged to the King of the Nerds :p, So what is meant by no longer hot girl, is her deconstructing her self-actulization, and life choices and systematically effected her apparence. Its a more sophistcated, grown up look. And I think right now considering her current employment, thats the kind of clothes she is wearing right now. Even with I think its next week with the girls going to Vegas, and Penny doing the mature thing and studying, huge significant changes to her character. But I agree she could make an effort with her clothes and her apperence, but its not neccessarily up to Penny or Kaley.  

Edited by 3ku11

Well first off, her choice of apperence has not just been an issue this season. In Season 5 the clothing department were under dressing her too. I remember when Penny went on a "date" with Leonard, she wore like a grey suit and black suit pants. And I was like come on! haha. I think though its more a reflection of how the show is dressing her, opposed to her character has changed. Secondly I Think saying I miss her shorts and tops, infers she should dress like S2. And Thirdly no ones saying she isin't the hot girl anymore. People are just more specifically referring to the initial premise of her character. Shes still hot, but she is not the hot reclusive party girl who lives across from Two nerds and Howard and Raj. She is not an outsider, she is not dating dumb gym guys (Hasen't since S3-early 4), She doesen't work at the CheeseCake Factory anymore, she has given up acting (for now). She is no longer an anti-geek or stranger in toon town, she is now fully integrated into the group and engaged to the King of the Nerds :p, So what is meant by no longer hot girl, is her deconstructing her self-actulization, and life choices and systematically effected her apparence. Its a more sophistcated, grown up look. And I think right now considering her current employment, thats the kind of clothes she is wearing right now. Even with I think its next week with the girls going to Vegas, and Penny doing the mature thing and studying, huge significant changes to her character. But I agree she could make an effort with her clothes and her apperence, but its not neccessarily up to Penny or Kaley.

I agree penny has changed a lot from back in the dayz. I like that she is not walking into 4A in hot pants, she is maturing & it really fits in with the penny character of now. I like this penny and I see a very confident & knowing what she wants penny which can only be good for lenny. Penny studying instead of partying, never thought I see the day lol. I love the all grown up & sensible penny, just hope the writers stick with this growth & not go back to regressing the character.

I just noticed that Penny was wearing the locket when they were admitting to be scared.

Yeah, she seems to have it on when she goes out, so not for every day wear which to me makes it more special.

• Like 5

Yeah, she seems to have it on when she goes out, so not for every day wear which to me makes it more special.

It's cute how she keeps wearing it on special occasions. That way, Leonard is always on her side, even when he's on a boat in the North Sea :)

I do love that she wears it for special occasions, but deep inside me i wish she wears it all the time like bernie does with the star chain Howard got her. Always close to Penny's heart now they are engaged.

• Like 2

I do love that she wears it for special occasions, but deep inside me i wish she wears it all the time like bernie does with the star chain Howard got her. Always close to Penny's heart now they are engaged.

Luckily she has the ring now to show what they mean to each other.

• Like 4