[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

It will be epic and Penny will whisper breathlessly, "Best Night Ever,Leonard."

:kissing: 

Or maybe "best prom ever," After all, they still have their wedding night, wouldn't want them to peak to early.

• Like 5

Well based on Penny's comment over the past few years have suggested Leonard can either go can go really good or not so good haha. I remember in S3 Howard was like "Heard your finish good job" lol. So I guess it is all relative. Then again in S7 Penny implied in ep 3 I think it wasen't so good. 

For someone who she hinted sometimes may not be good in bed, she sure drug him to bed a lot, so he must be doing something right.

I never said he isin't doing it right, how would I know thats ficitonal. I am just going off what Penny has said. He seems inconsistent in his performance based on what Penny has said. Other times he is a genius, other times he doesent last. We haven't seen a bed scene since S3, so who knows how many times they do it or kiss behind the scenes. 

Come on guys, most of the sex comments were made for laughs. Penny is a very sexual person, really do you think penny will still be with Leonard let along engaged to him if she thought he was shit in the sack. he a beast, so let's leave it as that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The writers have been all over the place on Leonard's performance in the bedroom, he has been magnificent and a genius, alright, and quick but really trying hard. Also the only girl that has said anything less then good about his performance is Penny. Even when she was telling Priya about his long foreplay, Priya just smiled and said something like 'Yes it is long', it was almost like she didn't mind it being long, like Penny did. So based on all this data, the only logical assumption I can see about Leonard's bed skills is that he is inconsistent, sometimes good, sometimes not so good or long. But that is only with Penny, because other women seem to have no complaints. Hell, just being around Leonard made Alex's ovaries start squirting goofy juice.

The writers have been all over the place on Leonard's performance in the bedroom, he has been magnificent and a genius, alright, and quick but really trying hard. Also the only girl that has said anything less then good about his performance is Penny. Even when she was telling Priya about his long foreplay, Priya just smiled and said something like 'Yes it is long', it was almost like she didn't mind it being long, like Penny did. So based on all this data, the only logical assumption I can see about Leonard's bed skills is that he is inconsistent, sometimes good, sometimes not so good or long. But that is only with Penny, because other women seem to have no complaints. Hell, just being around Leonard made Alex's ovaries start squirting goofy juice.

Well, that escalated quickly.

WelI I agree with all except for the inconsistent bit. The long foreplay is evidence. give the guy a break, with with a hot & gorgeous girl like penny, I be in heaven if I made it to 9 minutes. Hell, I take 5minutes. ☺

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 1

Look Penny was always the beauty and Queen, and Leonard the Socially Awkward nerd. Their roles base on socities conventions and rules were always going to effect that area. Penny has a vast sexual history, Leonard comparitively does not. But I agree if Penny was displeased, not that it is the only reason she is with Leonard haha. But she can easily find a guy who can measure up. But clearly Leonard does, the fact he is inconsistent I feel is a challenge for Penny, and is kinda part of Leonard's charm that he is bumbling with Penny. But I also think Penny is liking the new self assured Leonard, she said that in S5 initially when they went out on a date. I think that is what is working this time round from a writers perspective. I feel Penny felt she could have more of the power in the relationship, and do what she want. Now Leonard's more confident. Penny is considering Leonard now so theirs more of a compromise, that has developed since S5. And obviousley brought out Penny's insecurities and fears, and her true feelings for Leonard. Experiement S3; Beta Version Lenny 2.0 S5 Lenny kicking ass S6-S8. Society keeps telling them you have no business being together, but they keep knocking doors down :p

As a female Lenny , here's how I answer the "Is Leonard a good lover?" question. Absolutely. He is an excellent lover- enthusiastic, considerate, loving, sweet,cute creative and so very anxious to please ( and for us ladies, is there really such a thing as too much foreplay? Really?) Where is my evidence? I give more credibility to Penny's actions, body language and facial expressions than I do to her words. The put downs are written in for the easy laughs, but may also be a bit telling about Penny's "control issues" which Leonard recently mentioned in the Money episode.Complete admission that he is a great lover and the best ever for her may still be more power than she can give him, even though they are engaged. Up until recently, sex has been "the only arrow in HER quiver".She was the hot, sexually experience goddess worshiped by the less hot, less experienced, sometimes grovelling geeky Leonard.

Could her own insecurities about what else she brings or doesn't bring to the relationship cause her to hold back admitting that she wants Leonard every bit as much as he wants her? That is a hugh amount of power for her to relinquish. So, sometimes a snide remark, a little snarkiness, a reminder that she's done this with someone else already(the one that bothers Leonard the most and has been disturbing us lately), keeps him on his toes, keeps him from being over confident? Not very nice,not really conscious, but kind of understandable in terms of seeking some kind of "balance " in the relationship.Look how much she needed to give the car money back to Leonard. Tipping the scales a bit more to her side. She wants to be an equal partner.

But the way she looks at him and touches him belie the words. In the earlier seasons,she was the one dragging him off to bed all the time. She's so often been the hugger and kisser and toucher and hand holder. Lately, in Hand Holding Season 8, one hand isn't enough! She has to hold on with 2 hands. So many times it seems she literally can't keep her hands off him! As Tonstar points out, Penny likes sex and wouldn't sign up for a relationship that didn't meet and exceed her needs and expectations.(I cleaned that up a little for ya.) But it's hard for her to admit that Leonard can positively take her breath away and leave her wanting more.

Leonard's love helped Penny get past her committment issues. This power struggle may be resolved as other aspects of their relationship even out a bit and she can let go of that illusion of control.

Or, it could all be malarky, but it's how I rationalize the situation and not get too mad at Penny for making the PopTart feel bad. I'm anxious to see how the Prom episode plays out. It looks like it will be a win for the loving, giving, open Penny, which is always a win for Leonard. 4 more hours til show time!

Once again. SPTF. You nailed it. I got nothing to add after those amazingly wonderful words of wisdom for our favourite couple. ☺

Edited by Tonstar17

Hmmm ….. I'm looking for my socks. Has anyone here seen my socks?

Oh there they are -- across the room! Because Strawberry just knocked my socks off with that amazing post! Strawberry, girl, you knock my socks off every single freaking time! Very well said! (Karen now scrambles across the room to re-don the missing very comfy footwear). 

• Like 6

Looking at that picture Leonard is so in love with Penny haha, so is Penny. Just her body language around him too, she is so touchy feely. She kinda struggled with those little sublties in S3. I kinda feel lately Lenny is back to S3 but matured.

• Like 1