[Spoilers]Leonard And Penny Season 8 Thread

Whatever. I personally believe that you and others are obsessing unnecessarily over the physical intimacy aspect of their relationship, but maybe I'm in the minority (at least on this forum, anyway).

. I'm with you Martin. Never ending faith in an enduring Lenny!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-season-8-episode-8-photos-the-prom-equivalency.html/4

See you tomorrow Mike!!

I agree that she wasn't in love with him at the Halloween party, she was never in the love at first sight mode, like he was. The Halloween party just gave the audience the first proof that there was

Posted Images

. I'm with you Martin. Never ending faith in an enduring Lenny!

Tapatalk

I have faith in Lenny, just not happy the way things are going at the moment for them. But don't get me wrong. I will never give up on them. EVER...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Whatever. I personally believe that you and others are obsessing unnecessarily over the physical intimacy aspect of their relationship, but maybe I'm in the minority (at least on this forum, anyway).

Well one thing I am not doing is mocking the people who are less obsessed. Mine is a genuine criticism of the show, as the incongruent physicality of the pair was intrinsic to the premise. I hope this is just a phase as I did so much vicariously enjoy the frisson. I will hope for its return. And I have conceded that it's tiresome for me to bang on about it but obsession got me here.

Again, boxed.

• Like 3

This is exactly how I felt when Cadbury started using palm oil in their chocolates. If they change the product, people notice. But no one is stopping consuming TBBT. WELL DONE Martin, for capturing my thoughts. And again, New Coke. Unless they revert to their old ways they have changed the product. Apologies for them doing so are not necessary. But it is a real thing. Getting patted on the back is not the same as a smack on the lips. They should be escalating at this point, not acting like old acquaintances.

I'll be in my box.

I don't understand your analogy, especially in how it relates to New Coke. You understand that Coke lost so many fans because of New Coke that they came back with Classic Coke.

But these don't have anything to do with Lenny IMHO. Lenny has always been characterized in the show as the touchy-feely couple, the ones that Sheldon says thinks more with their emotions than their brains. Penny was the person who did the kissing in the beginning and the person she kissed was Leonard. So this deviation from an obviously well established couple characterization built by 7 seasons of episodes, is not an obsession of fans wanting them to kiss, but is more of fans concerned that their favorite couple is now being significantly changed and not necessarily for the better.

• Like 2

I don't understand your analogy, especially in how it relates to New Coke. You understand that Coke lost so many fans because of New Coke that they came back with Classic Coke.

But these don't have anything to do with Lenny IMHO. Lenny has always been characterized in the show as the touchy-feely couple, the ones that Sheldon says thinks more with their emotions than their brains. Penny was the person who did the kissing in the beginning and the person she kissed was Leonard. So this deviation from an obviously well established couple characterization built by 7 seasons of episodes, is not an obsession of fans wanting them to kiss, but is more of fans concerned that their favorite couple is now being significantly changed and not necessarily for the better.

Yeah, I don't buy that. They've never been so obviously in love as they have this season, IMHO. The prom episode was the icing on the cake and whenever they have scenes together there almost always seems to be quite a bit of touching going on.

Yes SRAM, people abandoned New Coke after bitching about it. Then old Coke came back... because of the bitching. The show is changing the formula in a similar way. It may be fine for some. And bitching wont help. I think I should stay in my soapbox and not on it, because I'll end up Nostalgic. LOL.

Out. :)

Because the physical intimacy is what a lot people like to see and attracted many into Lenny. With their lack of physical intimacy it's not much different than watching Shamy.

Did you take a poll?

I can only speak for myself, but what attracted me into Lenny was my ability to relate to the Leonard character and his quest for the love of the pretty girl next door with a heart of gold. I was into them as a couple before their first kiss because I could see the chemistry between the two of them.

• Like 1

Someone earlier pointed out earlier that they wanted a Lenny kiss in tonight's taping. I understand it's supposed to be the holiday taping tonight and it could fit into the storyline. Saying that though I just don't want to see a kiss just to see a kiss. Things have changed over the seven years between them. You aren't going to see the "lime kiss" anytime soon. Things are never going to be exactly the same way. Overall to me things haven't been as bad to me as other may think. But when it a kiss is appropriate in a special moment IMO it should happened. The prom episode with Lenny alone on the roof dancing was one of those moments.

• Like 1

Yes SRAM, people abandoned New Coke after bitching about it. Then old Coke came back... because of the bitching. The show is changing the formula in a similar way. It may be fine for some. And bitching wont help. I think I should stay in my soapbox and not on it, because I'll end up Nostalgic. LOL.

Out. :)

But isn't that what forums and topics are for, bitching. I'm not going to stop watching the show and Lenny have done nothing to keep them from remaining my favorite couple. I just don't want to see the chemistry dissolve away between them from this new characterization of the couple the writers are following.

• Like 2

Did you take a poll?

I can only speak for myself, but what attracted me into Lenny was my ability to relate to the Leonard character and his quest for the love of the pretty girl next door with a heart of gold. I was into them as a couple before their first kiss because I could see the chemistry between the two of them.

I think a lot of guys related to that. But that quest for love seems to be over. (I hope)But I can't disagree with some that think that chemistry is not quite the same now. Edited by Chrismo

I always liked that picture. I'm going to chill till the taping report. I hope Thursday episode is really funny, because I'm not too hot over the Leonard, Raj and Howard plot, and I'm not really into FWF either, so I'm hoping Shamy is just funny together. I just want Lenny to be in some scenes again together in this next taping report.

• Like 2

We all know relationships take a long and varied road as they make their way through time. The lust and physical intimacy that is present in the first blush of a relationship matures and changes as it goes along.

I truly believe that the writers are showing us in Leonard & Penny a completely committed couple that are preparing for the next step they have decided on: marriage.

That being said, they are still "hot & heavy" for each other. However in 22 minutes of show time and several other story threads being delivered, the decision has been made to sacrifice showing that side to the audience.

All I can suggest is to be patient. I believe we will get a look at the more physically romantic side that is presently there off camera.

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 8

We all know relationships take a long and varied road as they make their way through time. The lust and physical intimacy that is present in the first blush of a relationship matures and changes as it goes along.

I truly believe that the writers are showing us in Leonard & Penny a completely committed couple that are preparing for the next step they have decided on: marriage.

That being said, they are still "hot & heavy" for each other. However in 22 minutes of show time and several other story threads being delivered, the decision has been made to sacrifice showing that side to the audience.

All I can suggest is to be patient. I believe we will get a look at the more physically romantic side that is presently there off camera.

Tapatalk

I'm not bailing on them. I'm just going stop clogging the board with my problem. Just note how good I have been at that this morning (Sydney time).

• Like 1

I think a lot of guys related to that. But that quest for love seems to be over. (I hope)But I can't disagree with some that think that chemistry is not quite the same now.

Part of why their chemistry has changed, is the real life tension. Their was alot of real life heat in S2-S3. Now in RL they have not been together for 5 years, Kaley is now married e.t.c. That RL tension no longer transfers on screen. And obviousley the writers have really focused on panting them as equals now, and very committed to each other. So choosen to focus primarily on that, and not their physical chemistry, obviousley that's a decision that has been made. Look as shippers, do Lenny need to kiss? Maybe. From a show standpoint, if they don't kiss at all this season, is it detrimental to the show it self? No  don't think so. So I think for now we are just going to have to accept, and fantizie they are kissing off screen.  

I pretty much echo the sentiments of my fellow Lennys. I miss the lusty passion.  Penny and Leonard's  strong physical need for each other has been such a

consistent, integral part of their evolving relationship and of who they are as individuals too. It does feel like something is missing and a little off now that we don't see this as much as we'd like. We keep asking "why are the writers doing this?" to Penny and Leonard and to us!

But, I  love the "Hold your hand and do it with you" and watching them hold hands and do it together. I  love every second they were together in the prom episode, especially their dance. It's one of my favorite episodes ever. They are solid, committed and happy and that sure beats split up, miserable and angry, and the real stomach ache those times gave me.

I think Hokie did a great analysis of the relationship in post 2191. Maybe we can't have it all, all of the time and need to trust and be patient as their story plays out. I'll try to remember that.

• Like 4

Well we got to remember this is an ensemble comedy in its prime years. So depending on Plot A or Plot B, time constraints could be a factor? Maybe Lenny should get an episode all to them selfs where they get locked in the bathroom the entire ep, and they got nothing to do but kiss :p.

Almost no L/P interaction, instead we get several Penny/Raj callbacks, humiliating Penny again and again and again. Well, isn't that great?

Yeah exactly are the writers hell bent on throwing it in her face forever? Just let it go already, it was meaningless. It was just a catalyst for Lenny. It feels the other characters are getting diminished. But thats just me, see how it plays on screen me next year haha. Hardly any L/P interacting who are the core of the show, odd. I get the guys plot, but still. They dont seem to be the main focus anymore.

• Like 1

I don't know, can we make a pact to just ignore the Raj rubbish this time. Enough has been said about it already. We know the consensus. It's a downer. On the bright side? At least Penny wants him to come home? She looks lovingly at her ring?

On the other hand, let's not get suicidal because of two episodes without Lenny action. I remember some whinging happening during mid Season 7 about depressing Lenny and then it suddenly got a lot better! Big cast, lots of stories. Cant always be about Lenny. Good times on the horizon. They love each other. Hugs. Happy faces. Hand holding. You know the drill and the well worn cliches in our hour of need.

• Like 3

I don't know, can we make a pact to just ignore the Raj rubbish this time. Enough has been said about it already. We know the consensus. It's a downer. On the bright side? At least Penny wants him to come home? She looks lovingly at her ring?

On the other hand, let's not get suicidal because of two episodes without Lenny action. I remember some whinging happening during mid Season 7 about depressing Lenny and then it suddenly got a lot better! Big cast, lots of stories. Cant always be about Lenny. Good times on the horizon. They love each other. Hugs. Happy faces. Hand holding. You know the drill and the well worn cliches in our hour of need.

Oh great! Just after I type and send my gloom and doom posting along comes this nicely put item....red faced. Climbing back through the window off the ledge....

Tapatalk

....still not happy....

Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think this whole Shamy progress eventually will be good for Lenny. you know, living arrangements. It's only 11th episode, the second part of this season may be all about Lenny's wedding things. May be this is the reason writers are keeping them low for now.

• Like 4

I think this whole Shamy progress eventually will be good for Lenny. you know, living arrangements. It's only 11th episode, the second part of this season may be all about Lenny's wedding things. May be this is the reason writers are keeping them low for now.

You could be very right. When it comes to Shamy the writers always seem to move them forward, then regress them, if they stay true to that, during the spring we should see less about them and more Lenny. It would also allow them to start moving Lenny to a Wedding in season 9.

The only thing that bothers me is wheather Lenny will be the same after this period of affection reduction the writers are going through with them. Will they be able to return Lenny to the couple that said ILY to each other in season 6?

Or here is another thing, will Shamy get married before Lenny?

• Like 1