S8 Discussion Thread

@sodidiwin?, the great thing is that Leonard never let it bother him. He acted no differently. And I don't see that as denial, I see it as rationality.

You are right Novgravitasatall. But that's one of the many reasons the Leonard character is liked by so many.

I was just going back in my mind throughout the seasons of the show, maybe one of the posters can remember a time, but I couldn't come up with a single instance that Raj did something nice for one of his friends just because it would be nice to do. I thought about the Holloween Party he threw at the comic book store because Stuart couldn't afford it. But then he just complained up a royal storm when Stuart was telling the girl their it was his ideas. So all he wanted was compliments not being nice. Then there was the Valentines Day party at the comic book store he arranged because again Stuart couldn't afford it. But no he ruined that also when he met Lucy and yelled to everyone there they were Losers! and then walked out. Even when he let Stuart stay with him for awhile, I believe was only because he was lonely himself.

The question: When did Raj ever doing anything nice for one of his friends simply to be nice?

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 1

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

I have a question for the group, why (given his past experience) would Stuart want to start up his comic book store again? Sure that's what he's done for the last few years, but really he was miserable almost every time we met him. From the way he described it, he would have better off working a Mcjob somewhere. Or panhandling in the street. I was shocked to find out he could afford insurance on the store.

That's a good question.  I get the sense that Stuart is one of those people who is going to be an Eeyore (if you get my Winnie the Pooh reference) regardless.  If you're going to be poor and miserable, at least be poor and miserable doing something you're passionate about.

• Like 3

That's a good question.  I get the sense that Stuart is one of those people who is going to be an Eeyore (if you get my Winnie the Pooh reference) regardless.

HA! It's true, Stuart's misery has come to be his defining trait. He's like Marvin the Paranoid Android with Marvin's glum satisfaction in putdowns.

• Like 1

Two Members Attaining Episode 5 Taping. None for Episode 6... Yet. How will we survive without spoilers for Episode 6? Sounds like a Fine Episode however I don't like that Incident being brought up up again and again but I guess with Raj starting a new relationship it was bound to at some point and but I rater forget that happened. 

I do see some possible storylines concerning conflict between Penny and Emily. 

And I did not find anything in the story/Report that Sheldon said about Amy that was Mean. I guess I will have to wait until the Episode airs.If it was the Romance line will that doesn't sound mean to me at least not anything mean he said to Amy. 

You are right Novgravitasatall. But that's one of the many reasons the Leonard character is liked by so many.

I was just going back in my mind throughout the seasons of the show, maybe one of the posters can remember a time, but I couldn't come up with a single instance that Raj did something nice for one of his friends just because it would be nice to do. I thought about the Holloween Party he threw at the comic book store because Stuart couldn't afford it. But then he just complained up a royal storm when Stuart was telling the girl their it was his ideas. So all he wanted was compliments not being nice. Then there was the Valentines Day party at the comic book store he arranged because again Stuart couldn't afford it. But no he ruined that also when he met Lucy and yelled to everyone there they were Losers! and then walked out. Even when he let Stuart stay with him for awhile, I believe was only because he was lonely himself.

The question: When did Raj ever doing anything nice for one of his friends simply to be nice?

He let Stuart stay with him for a while while Howard was in space. Though it could have been that he was just a replacement for Howard while he was gone. I'm surprised that Raj doesn't put the 3d printer in Stuart's store. It would be a draw, bringing in people to make their own 3d objects.  

• Like 1

I dont think Raj ever lusted for Penny. Howard clearly did haha. Raj always had selective mutinism, only time he was an ass was when he was drunk like in S2. Thing is you cant use his selective mutinism as an excuse anymore. Theirs nothing to defend or justify his behaviour. Its not like he has anything to brag about, it took Penny to the point of intoxication, and emotional wreck for her to even be in that posistion. 1. It only happened because she broke up with Leonard (if the writers never broke them up, they clearly wouldent of gone their) 2. Shock Value. They were going for shock value for the finalie. Whole thing was settled in the premeire. Was really a result of Pennys heavy drinking. She toned down her consumption ever since. 3. Penny was not looking for anyone, Raj was shown to be very lonely. Mix in alcahol, and the douche you saw in S2 when Penny went to her magazine launch appeared. It was like Jekkyl and Hyde. Reminds me of the Jim Carrey movie Me, MySelf, and Irene. When Irene slept with Hank when she thought it was forgot the character haha, kinda the same thing.

You look at other sitcoms it happens all the time. Friend sleeps with Friends ex, or even Brothers wife or mother lol no boundaries. I think the depth of the shock, is its not Big Bangs style and all for Pennys promiscious past it was out of character. . Think techniquley it wld of bn bad if Lenny were together, but he was dating Priya and they hd bn broken up almost a year. So although their is so many gray areas, the show got away with it, and it made no significant impact. Like Leonards line to Howard "Please Sheldon has a better shot, and he doesent even no how to use his gentitals". The fact Raj diddnt last a second when it came down to it, shouldent be lost on Raj. It diddnt lead anywhere, just a drunken haze. I do wish they delt with it better, i just hope thats it.

Eta: And Sorry Ten this is well OT

Edited by 3ku11

This conveniently ignores "The Lunar Excitation", where Leonard was completely sober, (as he was here), but didn't stop. So why is Raj getting so much crap for not stopping, after all he was also impaired, right?

I was avoiding answering because th topic was bothering some people. Now it is topical again with th latest taping report.

While Leonard is flawed he has had his moments of heroism. By the time "the Lunar Excitation" came along Lenard and Penny had a history.  It was different in s1e6 as it was with Raj/Penny.

SRAM I so totally agree with you. Raj, the one character on the show with absolutely no character. He cares about himself first and foremost at all times. He plays on his friends feelings when he needs sympathy, he fantasizes about his best friends fiancée, he manipulates an extremely impaired and angiushed Penny into bed and in his supposedly good friends bed no less, he has ripped on his father in an excessive rant because he couldn't get seat heaters for his new Mercedes. he hit on Penny to the much annoyance of Leonard when he was in the magazine. Do I really need to go on? Well maybe one more very big one. After that mistake of a night by the writers and Penny and Raj talked it over, Raj asked Penny to please not tell his friends what happened and she asked him not to bring it up that she will explain it to the group. So what has happened since then? Raj keeps bringing it up to people in front of Penny and you can see that she is totally embarrassed about it. Does that matter to Raj? Not one bit. He just keeps doing it. Like I stated before the Raj character is absolutely devoid of character.

I just wish we could see Penny tell Leonard that nothing happened that night!

Oh, please. He could have not possibly manipulated her into bed. He has a terrible track record at trying to hook up. He was distraught, they both got very drunk when Penny was trying to cheer him up. Since they both drank far too much they both got into an animalistic stupor and attempted mindless sex but kind of flopped. They were more automatons than consenting adults. People should avoid drinking that much it is dangerous.

You are being overly judgemental.

Raj and his mouth is his own worst enemy. Howard had the role of being the sleaze before Bernadette. Since Howard has changed Raj has taken the sleaze role.

Penny did tell Leonard it was not what it seemed (although at that point she could not actually remember what happened).

It is the same group of writers that gave the line "Your a slave" to Sheldon. It is sounding like a theme. Interesting that Raj did not face consequences till now. I'm hearing people say this will just get dropped. I thought it had been but since it has resurfaced I'm wondering if it will pop up some more. Leonard might get some pre wedding jitters.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

Back in the UK. BUMBATS.

I remembered this on the plane.. Howardette are saving to buy a house.

You are probably happy to finally be home, even after all the excitement, again thanks.

Howardette buying a house brings up a question to me. The gang now is getting too big for Leonard's and Sheldon's apartment, so could them buying a house be an excuse to move the get togethers to their new house. That would allow Leonard to move easier into Penny's apartment if the group didn't meet there anymore or Lenny could move into a two bedroom on another floor if Sheldon's wasn't the main meeting place anymore. It would still allow interaction with the main three characters, but would allow the living arrangements to change. They could even move Amy into Penny's old apartment.

I am so sick of the suggestion that Amy could move into Penny's apartment. Why in the hell would she do that? What possible reason could she have for doing so when she has her own place?! If they have to have her be that damn close to Sheldon, then just move her in WITH him!

• Like 6

Moving to another two bedroom, on a different floor is unlikely. The soundstage isn't set up to handle something like that. Unless they write "only Sheldon's" or "only Lenny's" apartments, where they can make 4A into, say, 5A or 3A and keep it that way for the entire episode. Changing it back and forth would take too much time on a taping night. I guess the could pre-tape any scene that was in the other apartment, then reset for the main taping.

#PerveModeActivated I see haha. But yes I would love an ep this season with Lenny go on road trip, I don't know about you but that whole Lord Voldemort thing haha from Season Four has brought back raw emotions lol. Who cares nothing techniquely happened, it was just a plot device to get Lenny back together, and without going into further detail again, it wasen't that big of deal but it was the writers worst storyline EVER. But alas it is 2014 that was four seasons ago, it was delt with in the premiere, the writers bring it up every now and then to cause tension, but other then that made no significant impact on the show not like Joey and Rachel did anyway, Penny always saw Leonard. Hoping for some fun this season, no more drama like Penny drunk proposing, some fun geeky fun, and with the girls I want too see Penny and Amy bonding a lot this season, I always liked their friendship. 

What at Penny and Amy as friends? That's another thread. Heheh

Should I be brave and create a Penny and Amy thread? I duno Im kinda scared lol. What I meant was that they weren't very close in S7, Penny is maturing and busy with her new job but I would like to see some Pamy moments. As i write this I am aware this is OT, Im also aware Ten is getting ready to move it sorry haha. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Should I be brave and create a Penny and Amy thread? I duno Im kinda scared lol. What I meant was that they weren't very close in S7, Penny is maturing and busy with her new job but I would like to see some Pamy moments. As i write this I am aware this is OT, Im also aware Ten is getting ready to move it sorry haha.

Brave, foolhardy. Synonyms? But lets see.

The only logic I can see is 4A for the Shamy and 4B for the Lenny. And a bigger house for the Howardette have kids ;-)

Mmmm I do agree with that. But one Leonard has lived in 4a just as long as Sheldon (Yes Sheldon was their first). Lenny are at a certain stage in their relationship, where 4B well be too small for them, Shamy are not. So I think it would be more apporpriate for Lenny in 4A and Shamy in 4b, but alas Shamy are no where near that stage yet JMO, or Lenny and Shamy in 4A haha. 

Just what. I can't remember Lord Voldemort and Joey and Rachel.  I'm lost. Maybe I drank too much wine tonight and I need to be sober to understand 3ku11. SRAM and Tonstar 17 are being naughty.   Leonard has a rash, Penny has lotion, they are in the stable, but might go to the laundry room.

I think we are suffering from TBBT withdrawal. It's really time for season 8 to start. 11 days!

• Like 3

Just what. I can't remember Lord Voldemort and Joey and Rachel.  I'm lost. Maybe I drank too much wine tonight and I need to be sober to understand 3ku11. SRAM and Tonstar 17 are being naughty.   Leonard has a rash, Penny has lotion, they are in the stable, but might go to the laundry room.

I think we are suffering from TBBT withdrawal. It's really time for season 8 to start. 11 days!

I was using Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter as a point of reference. You know "He who shall not be named". Applying that to Penny and Raj, its unspoken haha. And Joey Rachel another point of reference as that it was worser as they dated, Penny and Raj did not thankfully. 

Edited by 3ku11

Yes it was moved.  Please see and acknowledge PM

I was using Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter as a point of reference. You know "He who shall not be named". Applying that to Penny and Raj, its unspoken haha. And Joey Rachel another point of reference as that it was worser as they dated, Penny and Raj did not thankfully. 

Ok. Thanks. I'm old and sometimes I can't keep up. Especially if i have wine.