The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S8 Discussion Thread

Only 10 days until the season premiere.  I'm excited, though I almost hate that it's going to be on Mondays for a while.  Thursday episode nights are like a weekend pre-party.

• Like 3

I'm just glad the first one where there is a Monday episode showing followed by a taping the next day is while I'm on holiday, two days running getting up super early is a bit much

Only 10 days until the season premiere. I'm excited, though I almost hate that it's going to be on Mondays for a while. Thursday episode nights are like a weekend pre-party.

I agree. It also take you back to a time when NBC use to rule Must See TV on Thursday but now CBS rules Thursdays!

Thankfully it will only be on Monday for Five Weeks (Six Episodes as Two Episodes airing on 9/22) and We wont't have to wait long or it to Return to Thursdays. No doubt CBS will b promoting it heavily.

At least we don't ave to wait until October 30 to see the Season Premiere like TAAHM who will not return until the End of October when Thursday Night Football over.

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

I feel that they are creating an unnecessary tension between Raj and Emily, over and over again, and that is the main reason why I don't ship them. When she first met him she called him creepy and left. She later decided to give them another chance. On their first dinner together she ends up making fun of Howard and saying that she likes cutting people. In the next episode she admits that she is getting turned on by horror movies, which freaks Raj out. He only accepts that because he hopes for sex. Later Raj gets depressed after seeing her going to movie theatre with another guy. They make up but only by the end of the episode. And now this.

I felt sorry for Penny after reading the report and that's rare because she usually comes off as the most up beat character in some ways and rarely gets called out on wrong things that she did but she really did nothing wrong with Raj and she is going through complicated period in her life at the moment. The least thing she needs is being called out on something that wasn't even her fault and was in the past, especially now when she starts to grow more mature and confident :(

Also I don't understand why Raj only told Emily about Penny after months of dating (we never get to know the right timeline but I get the feeling that they were dating for about a month before the season ended, Sheldon was away for forty five days by the beginning of season eight and she won't appear until the fourth episode of season eight) not to mention that they were probably intimate numerous times during that period.

Edited by Mislav
  • Like 1

Yeah, I can't say that I am too thrilled for this Emily/Penny tension storyline. At best it is unnecessary, at worst ill-advised. I am quite surprised that the writers decided to revisit the whole Raj/Penny fiasco.I didn't like the way it was handled then, so I'd rather have not see it creep up again but... such is life/ It seems that a lot of people like Emily, and while the character is a little bit better written than Lucy, I am not too fond of it. IMO there isn't much that is interesting about her, and I thought that Ivette the vet had caused a stronger first impression, but what do I know ...

• Like 2

I agree with Carlos, I'm not too fond of this Emily/Penny thing. If it was only a matter of disliking each other because they somehow didn't click, then I could buy it.

I'm just curious to see where they take this. Amy and Bernadette were Penny fans and now Emily is not. Perhaps they are going to give Penny more career success and less friendship harmony. How would the guys handle it?

Edited by djsurrey

Late to this .... why in the world would RAJ tell Emily about Penny .... its a wonder that Leonard doesn't beat the crap out of him .... but that's Raj he is stupid when it comes to the ladies ... I don't know if it was me in Leonard's place I would jut remove him from the group and not have him around anymore .... with friend like that you don't need enemies ......

• Like 1

Late to this .... why in the world would RAJ tell Emily about Penny .... its a wonder that Leonard doesn't beat the crap out of him .... but that's Raj he is stupid when it comes to the ladies ... I don't know if it was me in Leonard's place I would jut remove him from the group and not have him around anymore .... with friend like that you don't need enemies ......

Because he's in a sexual relationship with her, that's why. If I was due to meet a new partner's group of friends and I found out he'd got naked with one of them and not told me, there'd be hell to pay. His priority is to Emily, if he doesn't tell her it becomes 'secret' till someone slips up, and then what?

• Like 4

Because he's in a sexual relationship with her, that's why. If I was due to meet a new partner's group of friends and I found out he'd got naked with one of them and not told me, there'd be hell to pay. His priority is to Emily, if he doesn't tell her it becomes 'secret' till someone slips up, and then what?

They slept before season seven finale and Sheldon was away for forty five days up to season eight premiere. And he only tells her about Penny in fourth episode of season eight?

They slept before season seven finale and Sheldon was away for forty five days up to season eight premiere. And he only tells her about Penny in fourth episode of season eight?

But there was no reason to since Emily never met Penny. Why bring something like that up? This appears to be the longest relationship he has had with a woman.As beauty mentioned he had to tell in case someone else mentioned the hook up to Emily. Edited by Chrismo

I think if he's going to tell Emily he hooked up with Penny, he needs to tell the whole story.  Especially the embarrassing part of the story--that it was over before it really got started.

But there was no reason to since Emily never met Penny. Why bring something like that up? This appears to be the longest relationship he has had with a woman.As beauty mentioned he had to tell in case someone else mentioned the hook up to Emily.

Who would bring it up? The only one that ever talks about is Raj. Like some perverted badge of honor considering his performance or lack thereof.

Yes, it did happen so he should disclose it and take the hit up front rather than later, as you say. It's that he appears to have given himself more credit than he deserves (ie no remorse, just bragging) and left the whole story untold that irks me. We will see what ensues. I'm hoping for a recurrent "bat-crap crazy" Emily (we agree Lio). Because really, after four years elapsing, the other party now being engaged and it being a one time incomplete hook-up, if Emily has her head screwed on right she should pretty much just shrug. But that's not funny. And yes again, if Emily means anything she should be his priority.

Rajily has potential because they have great chemistry. And they are, in my mind, doomed. Doomed to great delays or great disaster, because how many more satisfied couples can the show load on board before it wraps in three years? So bat-crap crazy red haired unintended consequences, please.

• Like 2

Who would bring it up? The only one that ever talks about is Raj. Like some perverted badge of honor considering his performance or lack thereof.

Remember when Sheldon brought up the disappointing sex to Penny in regards to Leonard? there's a reason to bring up granted he should tell Emily the true story.

OK ... I see where some of you are coming from .... but Raj and Penny had come to an agreement not to talk about it or even discus with anyone ... he broke this agreement ... along with the unwritten rule you don't sleep with an ex of a friend unless that friend is ok with it .... and Leonard would never be ok with it ...

The other thing is that Raj did not tell all to Emily ... all he said was that he HOOKED up with Penny ... I want to wait and see the Episode so I can get all the dialogue at this meeting ....  the " I HATE THAT BITCH" line is some thing else ...

I like Emily, I think she and Raj make a great pair, she is kinky and sweet and has a dark side like Berni ...

I can't see why she cant overlook Penny like Raj over looked the tattoo artist .... BUT Penny is the queen bee of the group ... so some thing has to give .....

ohhh well its only fiction ... NOT real people ... per say .... we all want them to be REAL ... and we can't get into the heads of the writers....

Just like the episode where they were making jewelry and Penny had glue all over herself ... yet a few years before she was making Penny blossoms and was using all kinds of different glue's .... made no sense to me ....

Have fun all .... LOL LOL .... going to the Sept 23rd taping ... getting to see how its all done ...

• Like 3

But there was no reason to since Emily never met Penny. Why bring something like that up? This appears to be the longest relationship he has had with a woman.As beauty mentioned he had to tell in case someone else mentioned the hook up to Emily.

I can understand no wanting to have any secrets within a relationship. but this is something that people within your group of friends what to disappear.. so I agree why put it back on the table? and I should have read this whole thread cause @fixtimr beat me to it

Edited by EvilStewie

OK ... I see where some of you are coming from .... but Raj and Penny had come to an agreement not to talk about it or even discus with anyone ... he broke this agreement ... along with the unwritten rule you don't sleep with an ex of a friend unless that friend is ok with it .... and Leonard would never be ok with it ...

Unwritten rule? Excuse me?

That 'unwritten rule' is simply a rather nasty throwback to the time when women were chattels belonging to the male members of their family.

What Penny does with her own body is entirety her own business and is of no concern to anyone else, and the same rule applies just as equally to Pria, as well as to Raj and Leonard too. Having a previous relationship within the same social group does not 'put you out of bounds' because you are not someone's property to be branded, whatever your gender happens to be.

Did you miss the point that we were supposed to laugh at Raj's ridiculous condemnation of Leonard and Pria's relationship because it was so fundamentally backward and outdated?

I can understand no wanting to have any secrets within a relationship. but this is something that people within your group of friends what to disappear.. so I agree why put it back on the table? and I should have read this whole thread cause @fixtimr beat me to it

Would you be happy to discover a year into a relationship say, that your partner hooked up with one of the people they hang out with regularly and never told you? Would you not question why they didn't tell you this?

I don't have a problem with Raj telling her, my problem is Emily feeling threatened by an engaged woman who got naked in bed with Raj in a drunken lonely night years ago. It makes me question Raj's interest in telling her about it. Did he tell her to avoid an awkward situation or did he tell her just to gloat that he hooked up with a really hot girl?

It's seriously making Raj less funny and more creepy, IMO

• Like 1

Would you be happy to discover a year into a relationship say, that your partner hooked up with one of the people they hang out with regularly and never told you? Would you not question why they didn't tell you this?

Edited by Tonstar17

Good point. But what is bogging ppls... Is Raj really telling the truth to emily what really happened that night. For someone bragging about it to anyone who would listen and in front of his GF, & Penny, he should be keeping his mouth shut. Trust me i am a guy, not something any guy want to boast about. I am sure he didn't tell Emily that he fluffed it. Painted himself as some stud in bed. Probably why emily is jealous of penny.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Good point. But what is bogging ppls... Is Raj really telling the truth to emily what really happened that night. For someone bragging about it to anyone who would listen and in front of his GF, & Penny, he should be keeping his mouth shut. Trust me i am a guy, not something any guy want to boast about. I am sure he didn't tell Emily that he fluffed it. Painted himself as some stud in bed. Probably why emily is jealous of penny.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well, in the same way that Pria and Penny bonded over Leonard's excessive foreplay, perhaps Emily and Penny will have a similarly good laugh when the truth outs......and I'm sure it will, the truth does have a habit of coming out and biting you on the @rse does it not?

I think he should have not brought it up at all. They were never dating. It had no long term significance in the friendship between Penny and Raj. It was best forgotten. 

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

I could agree with you DJSurrey, but then we'd both be wrong! ;)

I suspect it's just a device to bring Raj's little temporal hiccup out in the open for comedy purposes myself.