S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

I am kind of hoping that the "agitation" has to do with the Stuart/Howard ongoing escalation. Cousin Jeanie may or may not continue to be a factor, but there has to be some kind of resolution to the situation eventually.

I still like Emily, even with her macabre fascinations. It doesn't mean that she's a scary person in terms of real relationships. Maybe her interests are too dark or weird for most guys she's met before, which could by why she was fishing on the dating site.

If Raj isn't too freaked out by her interests, they could have a fun time together. We've seen that Raj enjoys being something of a mixer--sitting back and smirking at Howard's discomfort with Stuart and Mrs. W, or laughing when Leonard and SHeldon go after each other and so forth. So if Emily has a similar streak, saying things that might make others uncomfortable, they could be having a good time snarking together, the way they were in the "Clogzilla" scene.

Dunno. Whatever the case, I don't think Emily's been that bad so far--not in comedy land.

Oh, so do I. And i generally approve of the 'pretty normal -looking girl with unexpected talents or interests' trope. Didn't someone suggest knitting as a possible hobby for Emily? I would love her to be into something super, super genteel like crocheting or quilting, and smile demurely over her needles. Edited by wowbagger

Oh, so do I. And i generally approve of the 'pretty normal -looking girl with unexpected talents or interests' trope. Didn't someone suggest knitting as a possible hobby for Emily? I would love her to be into something super, super genteel like crocheting or quilting, and smile demurely over her needles.

It's quilting.  In the ep where Amy decides to meet with her first, she talks about their mutual interests, like Chaucer and quilting.

I could actually see Emily in a spin-off, provided they round out her character and give her some supporting characters.  This would assume she and Raj break up at some point.

Why would they spin off Emily?  What about her warrants a whole show?  We've only seen a few scenes of her in a few episodes.  If anyone in this show were to spin off, I think it would Howard and Bernadette.

That being said, I don't think they'd do a spin off of this show, but that's just my gut feeling.

I still like Emily, even with her macabre fascinations.  It doesn't mean that she's a scary person in terms of real relationships.  Maybe her interests are too dark or weird for most guys she's met before, which could by why she was fishing on the dating site.

If Raj isn't too freaked out by her interests, they could have a fun time together. 

Agreed. It appears Bernadette is the only one freaked out by Emily. It's not like all of Raj interests are normal. It certainly does explain why she was fishing on a dating site. I'm guessing that Emily's list was much longer(Penny like?) than Raj's and that's why Penny was on the list. Thinking about it now Raj may have been hoping Emily would be jealous of Penny making him a better catch in her eyes.

Sounds like a lovely episode. Amazing for the Sheldon and Amy fans. Super cute for L/P. Glad Emily and Stuart are there for contrast a little bit of lemon zest in the cake. Hope Emily keeps recurring. As for 808, isn't there a little Bob in all of us?

In the X-Files/David Duchovny fandom, "Bob" has a whole different meaning...and it's kinda dirty... :icon_eek:

... I hope not in a bad way LOL. I just remember the line.

Remember what line?

The "Bob" appellation came from an interview DD did where he was talking about his first (or one of his first) movie where he had a scene where his girlfriend catches him in her bed with another woman.  She throws him out of the apartment while he is completely naked.  I think that in the original print of the movie one could see...ahem...everything, but when it later came out on DVD, David said something about the director making sure that nothing "bobbed into view".

I can't remember if that was actually true (I do have the DVD at home...), but it was after that interview that some of us on the XF boards began to refer to a certain part of his anatomy as "Bob".

Returning now to your regularly scheduled PG-13 conversation...

I think "bob" just refers to it being episode 808.

I think you're right.  I just got side-tracked...

Remember what line?

The "Bob" appellation came from an interview DD did where he was talking about his first (or one of his first) movie where he had a scene where his girlfriend catches him in her bed with another woman. She throws him out of the apartment while he is completely naked. I think that in the original print of the movie one could see...ahem...everything, but when it later came out on DVD, David said something about the director making sure that nothing "bobbed into view".

I can't remember if that was actually true (I do have the DVD at home...), but it was after that interview that some of us on the XF boards began to refer to a certain part of his anatomy as "Bob".

Returning now to your regularly scheduled PG-13 conversation...

I think you're right. I just got side-tracked...

That's hysterical. I'm not unhappy about it, because it's funny... My "hold me closer Tony Danza" moment. I will try to find out where I got that from... LOL. Thanks.

Edit:

Got it. From Wikipedia . "Killer BOB (or simply BOB) is a fictional character in the ABC television series Twin Peaks.[1] He is a demonic entity who feeds on fear and pleasure.[1] He possesses human beings..." So there was a line in that show.

So there could be a different origin story for Bob in X-Files. Maybe coincidence. Maybe someone knew... Lol.

Oh, and the last taping report was a delight. Lovely material, lovingly described. What is happening with the roller coaster?

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

ok...have read the taping report for the 4th time today and i keep thinking it's a fan fiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help:  :girlcrazy:

i wonder who was crowned prom king and queen?? (hehehehehe) :king:  :queen:

That's hysterical. I'm not unhappy about it, because it's funny... My "hold me closer Tony Danza" moment. I will try to find out where I got that from... LOL. Thanks.

Edit:

Got it. From Wikipedia . "Killer BOB (or simply BOB) is a fictional character in the ABC television series Twin Peaks.[1] He is a demonic entity who feeds on fear and pleasure.[1] He possesses human beings..." So there was a line in that show.

So there could be a different origin story for Bob in X-Files. Maybe coincidence. Maybe someone knew... Lol.

Oh, and the last taping report was a delight. Lovely material, lovingly described. What is happening with the roller coaster?

tony danza??? what about tony danza????????????? it took his character 7!!!! years to admit he loved Angela!!!!!!!!!!!! the torture!!! the memories!!!! clearing my schedule every tuesday night so i could be home to watch 'who's the boss"  .... why'd ya have to remind me of him???? I was totally in love with the show and the characters/actors!!! ( btw- that show ended after 8 years and NEVER did we see coitus between tony and angela... NEVER! ) 

• Like 1

Be careful everyone about what you post on other threads. Unspoiled people would like to stay that way.

as a reminder, information from taping reports, or spoiler sites on the internet or in magazines, can only go in threads with [spoilerS] in their title.

This has nothing to do with you tomasina, just using your comment as the trigger for the reminder.

Tensor

• Like 2

ok...have read the taping report for the 4th time today and i keep thinking it's a fan fiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help::girlcrazy:

i wonder who was crowned prom king and queen?? (hehehehehe) :king::queen:

tony danza??? what about tony danza????????????? it took his character 7!!!! years to admit he loved Angela!!!!!!!!!!!! the torture!!! the memories!!!! clearing my schedule every tuesday night so i could be home to watch 'who's the boss" .... why'd ya have to remind me of him???? I was totally in love with the show and the characters/actors!!! ( btw- that show ended after 8 years and NEVER did we see coitus between tony and angela... NEVER! )

Good to see you got over it all. LOL. :)

• Like 1