S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

Bill Prady just verified in a tweet that the show taping Tuesday, will air on 30 October.

Pretty damn sure this is a Halloween episode ;)

In a way it's good--many folks were hoping for a Halloween episode and were slightly disappointed when it looked like we wouldn't get one, even though everything else about "Prom" seems wonderful (understatement).

Now we possibly get the best of both worlds--something for Halloween and that other thing--what was it again? :p

• Like 4

In a way it's good--many folks were hoping for a Halloween episode and were slightly disappointed when it looked like we wouldn't get one, even though everything else about "Prom" seems wonderful (understatement).

Now we possibly get the best of both worlds--something for Halloween and that other thing--what was it again? :p

Oh, I don't mind waiting for the prom episode. I'll enjoy the excitement before it's gone. :)

Bill Prady just verified in a tweet that the show taping Tuesday, will air on 30 October.

Who's running to Bill asking questions that we're not supposed to know??  

The truth will come eventually.  Patience is a virtue.

Did someone say Wil Wheaton will be on this week's episode?

He just tweeted that he's calling it a "BOB episode" or something... because 808 = BOB.

I have to wonder what they are going to do on Monday after 8.06 is over? They always air a Promotion for the next episode that going to air and now tat 8.08 is indeed going to be the next episode it will not ave been tape yet (it will be tape the next night) and they will not ave any clips yet so will they show a promotion for 8.07 even so it will not air until 11/6 or could be a moving back to thursday promotion with some clips of the cast

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

I am sure they are aware of the taping reports and they probably don't care 

• Like 2

The truth will come eventually. Patience is a virtue.

The Producers (mainly Prady) have kind of known for awhile. He just 'playing along' in a sense. If he really cared and was bothered by it he would have investigated and put a stop it to it. They Obviously don't care and Peoples are still watching. I think they know peoples tell fans what happened in Episodes and don't care that way but they don't probably know about the Full detailed TR Scene by Scene Fans who attend the tapings do.

BBT Fans are lucky in a sense they don't make peoples sign a DAA when entering

• Like 1

I am sure they are aware of the taping reports and they probably don't care

generally we behave very well and only talk about the spoilers here and in the other forum. There's been a lot of spill over with this news though into other mediums making others aware of what we do and spoiling people by surprise. I just hope they understand that this is obviously out of the ordinary huge and we're only human. If they can count on us to behave in the future I'm sure they'll overlook what we do. After all, the fact that we are here is proof of how successful they are. Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 3

I have no idea who ran to Bill, I just put the info out there yesterday and there were questions about the validity of the information. This was a verification of the validity of the info I put out.

I'm really glad we get a Halloween episode, I like when shows give you major holiday episodes, especially TBBT. I wonder if we will couples costumes again? Honestly I would like to see Penny in that cat costume again from season 1.

• Like 3

It's like saying Jim, Johnny and Kaley acted differently for several episodes in the knowledge that professor proton died

not really. There's a difference between character knowledge and actor knowledge. JohnNY may have known proton was slated to die, but there is no reason leonard would have known and kept it a secret unless he was planning to murder him.
  • Like 1

The proton episode was filmed and then left for later, so essentially they knew but they didn't act the characters with the knowledge, just like they won't for the next taping

You nailed it Rachel. The Proton episode was filmed in mid-February(11th), as 7.17. It was shown as 7.22. There were 5 episodes filmed after they knew he died.

• Like 1

I'm really glad we get a Halloween episode, I like when shows give you major holiday episodes, especially TBBT. I wonder if we will couples costumes again? Honestly I would like to see Penny in that cat costume again from season 1.

This is a nice ideal where Leonard and Penny have a repeat of costumes from Season 1 since things are so different in their relationship.  Or they dress in a couple's costumes thing too.   

• Like 1

Yeah obviousley Leonard and Penny's relationship is really evolved now. But the genuine sweetness to their relationship, and intrinsic affection for each other has not changed from S1. I remember in S6 Leonard and Penny had a dinner party haha, so that was a big change. I would like Penny to wear the catwomen costume again, and Leonard as a hobbit talk about a callback. Or Penny can go all sexy cop again, and Leonard was it Einstein? Or Leonard and Penny can come as Ricky and Lucy :p