S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

I'll bet there are people out there who would consider that to be karma, Howard's cosmic payback for the antics in his skeevy past. (Not saying I'm one of them, but it's sure to have come up somewhere.)

Well not exactly, if it were karma he would get his punishment while he was still being a creep and that would make him improve, if he were to get better and then get punished, it wouldn't really make sense. Also I don't think he ever did something worth such a punishment, it is not like he manipulated with people or cheated on somebody. I understand why some people would think like that big just no.

Yes! Please, please, please, please, oh please, please let Leonard be in a hospital gown! (Karen looks around embarrassed while hiding her freak flag)

I hope for your sake it is Leonard but my guess it's Sheldon. He would be happy getting the lollipop.

I'll bet there are people out there who would consider that to be karma, Howard's cosmic payback for the antics in his skeevy past. (Not saying I'm one of them, but it's sure to have come up somewhere.)

Yeah, though Howard looked a creep without actually harming anyone except himself. All show and no go. "Clicking a troll's brains out" was the worst damage he did. His wingman, however...

AND to change the topic - is the orange lipstick one of those colour rendering problems? I know film used to render colour differently to the eye, so maybe this was a shade that didn't process well. I wonder how it looked on the day. Any eyewitnesses able to comment?

Here you go phanta

Here you go phanta

Thanks!  Now I do wonder who's going to the hospital/doctor and why--but I also love that Ruby is sitting there with Kaley.  I love that little dog!

Were there more IG pics or just this one?

I just saw the pic I think some of you guys were referring to.  One observation:  Billy Bob shaved for the role!!  I don't think I've ever seen him clean shaven.  And one question:  in the pic with Billy Bob, there's a guy I don't recognize sitting in the middle.  Who is that?

I just saw the pic I think some of you guys were referring to.  One observation:  Billy Bob shaved for the role!!  I don't think I've ever seen him clean shaven.  And one question:  in the pic with Billy Bob, there's a guy I don't recognize sitting in the middle.  Who is that?

That's John Ritter's son Jason, who's a close friend of Simon Helberg.

--

By the way, John Ritter's other son, Tyler Ritter, is starring in CBS's The McCarthys (premieres Thursday after Two and a Half Men) with Laurie Metcalf.

• Like 5

Don't know if anyone wrote BTS stuff but I am anyway. 

In the first scene all the girls messed up their lines, then in the second scene Jim messed up. All the audience cheered for BillyB but then told us not to do that. In the part where Kunal and Johnnys first scene they were play fighting, and all the four male actors started chewing gum randomly and we were like maybe they're going to blow bubbles but they just all did it before the scene. Also in this scene Johnny and Kaley messed up and I think her and Johnny were dancing, but Johnny was dancing a lot and jumping up and down.. LOL. I also loved seeing the make up people following each actor with like 4 bags of sponges. LOL. In the scene with Leonard and Penny in the hall way, Kaley messed up. In the stairs scene with Mayim and BillyB, I think they both messed up their lines too and Mayim forgot something and had to ask the director, speaking of everytime the audience guy shouted for the director all the cast started making booing motions. Awww, poor Mark. Also when Kaley comes out in this scene, I think Mayim and Kaley were doing something can't remember what, I saw them talking a few times that night it was cute. :)  In the scene with the core 5 and BillyB in L&S apartment was when we had a break and they were all chatting with BillyB and they were playing with a mug. They all looked like they were having a good chat with him. Jim was very focused on his lines all night reading them from his cards, it was cute and interesting. At the end Bill Prady was hugging the whole cast, awwww.  They also all took a group photo at the end for a charity, I think they were wearing T-Shirts, oh and Kunal and Melissa were dancing at the end too. Adorable.

Also Johnny and Kaley did their little audience thing. The audience guy was like, we have a special treat everyone and I was like, he's gonna throw some candy at someone or something then Johnny and Kaley came up and I was like OMGGGGGGG WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. I kinda forgot they did that. LOL I was so excited, it was soooo great to see them so close. They were very genuine and I was like :icon_cry: awwwww.  

Also this couple said it was their 10 year anniversary on the taping day so Johnny came over and gave them the flowers that BillyB was holding. :)

Bill came over too to tell Mark they were doing a rewrite and I saw Steve talking to the actors a few times, but I never actually saw Chuck but they said he was there but I didn't see him. The writers sit behind this panel thing and I could see them at first but they closed it over.lol. I just wanted to stare into their eyes all night.. I was so excited to see Steve walking past and when Bill came over.. :)

tumblr_ndxcj3q1EU1qb83jyo1_500.jpg

Here's my little programme that says Special Guest instead of Billy Bob Thorton. 

http://bigbangsheldon.tumblr.com/post/100794482543/so-i-was-lucky-enough-to-go-to-a-taping-on-tuesdayalso wrote this tidbits up which is spoiler freee.

I just re-read your report - it's a great read - and it looks like a clever episode. Again, reflections on men being dumb about women and toy obsessed. It's been a while. And some women on women action with the bit about how women compete differently. It's an interesting contrast to the Raj and People magazine episode. I'm fascinated that Mr Thorton chose to go for an outing on BBT. In and of itself that is delightful. Looking forward to this one.

Hey, have you all read about the CBS "Social Network Takeover" or whatever it's called?

I saw the headline somewhere, but I didn't read it at first, but an article about it was posted on the TXF site I go to.  Apparently stars of all the CBS shows will be posting IG pics from their sets or whatever all week, including TBBT on the 30th.

I think it might be via CBS's IG accounts or something.

This news might be posted in some other thread or folder I haven't seen, but anyway, just thought I'd give a heads-up, just in case!

• Like 2

Hey, have you all read about the CBS "Social Network Takeover" or whatever it's called?

I saw the headline somewhere, but I didn't read it at first, but an article about it was posted on the TXF site I go to.  Apparently stars of all the CBS shows will be posting IG pics from their sets or whatever all week, including TBBT on the 30th.

I think it might be via CBS's IG accounts or something.

This news might be posted in some other thread or folder I haven't seen, but anyway, just thought I'd give a heads-up, just in case!

I found this article  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/24/cbs-stars-get-social-with-week-long-cbsinstagramtakeover-october-27-november-2/318926/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+(TVbytheNumbers)

Friday, Oct. 24 – CBS stars from all 21 primetime entertainment series will get social when they take fans behind the scenes of their favorite television shows during the week-long #CBSInstagramTakeover onMonday, Oct. 27 - Sunday, Nov. 2. All week, stars and producers will post exclusive photos and videos from set on the day their series air. The star(s) who will take over their show account will be revealed via their series’ Instagram handle the morning of their takeover.  In addition to Instagram, fans can follow along on the series’ Facebook pages and CBS.com.

Offcial TBBT Instagram account http://instagram.com/Bigbangtheory_cbs

Edited by alexaaa

That's John Ritter's son Jason, who's a close friend of Simon Helberg.

--

By the way, John Ritter's other son, Tyler Ritter, is starring in CBS's The McCarthys (premieres Thursday after Two and a Half Men) with Laurie Metcalf.

I didn't know Simon was friends with John Ritter's son.  I just assumed Kaley was the connection with the foundation.

I thought this was instructive on the differences in taping a half hour comedy compared to a full hour drama.    We are used to having to wait two to three weeks for a show to air after taping (and only 9 days for the current show).  Well, to give you an idea of how quick even two to three weeks is, Pauley Perette tweeted tonight that they did their table read of the Christmas episode today.  For TBBT, the table read for any Christmas episode would be  some time mid November.

• Like 3

Here you go phantaHere you go phanta

Any guesses to what's that on the table :wink:

ETA: the photo of kaley and johnny on set, for some reason the photo didn't show up in the quote

Edited by delsino
  • Like 2

I believe they went to high school together, but definitely went to college, NYU (Tisch) together.

That is Cool I never knew that before.  so that mean Simon probably met John Ritter a couple times. 

Speaking of John Ritter, Three's Company is one of Jim favorite shows and My Favorite Show as well. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

Any guesses to what's that on the table :wink:

ETA: the photo of kaley and johnny on set, for some reason the photo didn't show up in the quote

Are u talking about the silver thing?

Might just be a highlighter to mark the important bits in the script or a epi pen for allergies?

• Like 1