S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again. The whippersnappers are going to ask "what's a Barberella?"!!!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

I would say "That's the movie from which Duran Duran got its name", except the whippersnappers would ask "What's a Duran Duran?"

Edited by goldenorb

I would say "That's the movie from which Duran Duran got its name", except the whippersnappers would ask "What's a Duran Duran?"

Reading this spontaneously started "Girls on Film" playing in my head - and I wasn't even a fan, LOL.

Nope, for me it was "A View to a Kill." Good song, lame Bond film (it was utterly painful seeing an aging Roger Moore try to do stunts like he had just stepped onto the set of Live and Let Die). :)

Nope, for me it was "A View to a Kill." Good song, lame Bond film (it was utterly painful seeing an aging Roger Moore try to do stunts like he had just stepped onto the set of Live and Let Die). :)

"The name's Bon.  Simon Le Bon."

And with that, the thread's been hijacked.   :icon_lol:

"The name's Bon. Simon Le Bon."

And with that, the thread's been hijacked. :icon_lol:

Well, back on track then. If the object is part of the show (unlikely) maybe it's a prop from say Metropolis or from that version of Flash (sic) Gordon that would be in Leonard's stash along with the animated entertainments that Penny referred to on date night. Leonard does love classic SF. Edited by Nogravitasatall

I think with Leonard and Penny being engaged it's time for them to bring back her father and also introduced her mother the actor who played Penny's dad is the President of the United States on another CBS show Madame Secretary so I don't if his schedule would allow a BBT guest appearance. It's been since season 4 since we have seen Wyatt 

You know, I know the writers said they were in no hurry for L/P to move in together, but we're now 1/3 of the way through the season and it hasn't been mentioned.  In the finale when Leonard said they wanted to live together, it sounded to me like it was imminent.  When are they going to address it?

I think with Leonard and Penny being engaged it's time for them to bring back her father and also introduced her mother the actor who played Penny's dad is the President of the United States on another CBS show Madame Secretary so I don't if his schedule would allow a BBT guest appearance. It's been since season 4 since we have seen Wyatt

Keith Carradine has only been in half the Madam Secretary shows, so there shouldn't be a problem with a guest appearance. In fact, it probably gives TBBT a better shot landing him a guest spot, as for the last few years he's been active in shows in the theatre and on Broadway, and simply wasn't available.

You know, I know the writers said they were in no hurry for L/P to move in together, but we're now 1/3 of the way through the season and it hasn't been mentioned.  In the finale when Leonard said they wanted to live together, it sounded to me like it was imminent.  When are they going to address it?

I'd say February or May. ;)

I think Lenny do live together now, it's just some nights they stay in Penny's apartment and some nights they stay in Leonard's, but they are never not together - Their apartments are across the hall from each other so I don't think their is a real rush for Leonard to move officially until Lenny gets married.

Edited by luke

Wasn't it Sheldon's apartment to begin with? Yeah, I think it was...

Who was there first has no bearing on how the living arrangements are set up now. Does Leonard pay half the rent? Yeah, I think he does.... My comment was in reply to the Penny-Leonard living together situation. At present, Leonard and Penny live in either apartment, and so have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two living rooms, and two kitchens, with Sheldon in a separate bedroom using one of the bathroom, kitchen and living room, that Leonard and Penny also use.

The whole argument about whether Leonard or Sheldon has the right to kick the other out remind of the argument on various Friends boards after Monica told Rachel she had to move out and Rachel threw a Fit about it.  Leonard doesn't have the right to kick Sheldon out in my opinion because it his apartment and his name on the t lease and he was there first much like Monica had the rights to tell Rachel she had to move out so she could live with her Boyfriend. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

The whole argument about whether Leonard or Sheldon has the right to kick the other out remind of the argument on various Friends boards after Monica told Rachel she had to move out and Rachel threw a Fit about it.  Leonard doesn't have the right to kick Sheldon out in my opinion because it his apartment and his name on the t lease and he was there first much like Monica had the rights to tell Rachel she had to move out so she could live with her Boyfriend.

I'm willing to bet after seven years, both their names are on the lease. And even if Leonard's name isn't on it, Sheldon would have as much legal right to kick Leonard out, as Leonard would have kicking Sheldon out, as long as each of them keeps paying his half of the rent and utilities. And the apartment belongs to the 2311 N Los Robles Corporation.

Or Amy moves in with Sheldon before Lenny are married and that forces the Lenny decision!

It wouldn't necessarily force the Lenny decision. If Leonard keeps paying his part or the rent and utilities, he has as much right to keep his bedroom as Sheldon does.