S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

To be fair Leonard has lived at 4a long enough, to have just as many rights as Sheldon. Vice Versa for Sheldon. I dont think who was their first, or whos names on the lease, makes any point of difference. In any case i dont think when Lenny do move in together officially. It wont be because their hand well be forced because of Shamys

relationship. It wont be 4A. Then again if Lenny decide to or i should say when the writers decide to alter living arrangements. Then i dont think Amy has any levarage, she well just have to go with what Sheldon says. Different now but Sheldon wasent so keen to live with her last time. And while their emotional intimacy well increase, with Sheldons Ily. Physically i am not so sure. For now i dont think well the writers have said as much, they well not be changing living arrangements any time soon.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know in real life Leonard and Penny would be living together but this is a TV show so we are at the mercy of the writers. I just think with Penny having a good paying job now they can afford their own apartment if they want to keep Sheldon involve in Leonard and Penny's lives have them find an apartment in the same building.

You know in real life Leonard and Penny would be living together but this is a TV show so we are at the mercy of the writers. I just think with Penny having a good paying job now they can afford their own apartment if they want to keep Sheldon involve in Leonard and Penny's lives have them find an apartment in the same building.

Yeah true, but from a production standpoint may be hard to get another set. Leonard and Penny could move in together above 4A. Remember Alicia? If they still have that Apt Unit. Occured to me too the last time other then S6 Spoiler Alert Segmentation. That Lenny discussed living together was S2. When Penny was struggling to pay her rent and Leonard offered to move in to help pay rent. And Penny said If you moved in I couldent keep my hands off you haha. Their realationship has really come a long way since then.

You know in real life Leonard and Penny would be living together but this is a TV show so we are at the mercy of the writers. I just think with Penny having a good paying job now they can afford their own apartment if they want to keep Sheldon involve in Leonard and Penny's lives have them find an apartment in the same building.

Not necessarily.

On the other hand it is hard to imagine Leonard staying with Sheldon for so long but different strokes for different fokes.

Edited by djsurrey

The whole argument about whether Leonard or Sheldon has the right to kick the other out remind of the argument on various Friends boards after Monica told Rachel she had to move out and Rachel threw a Fit about it. Leonard doesn't have the right to kick Sheldon out in my opinion because it his apartment and his name on the t lease and he was there first much like Monica had the rights to tell Rachel she had to move out so she could live with her Boyfriend.

I don't care now where L/P live. But its tough on Leonard to have leave the money on the dresser and then leave :). However it does make me wonder for after any weddings.

Lol is their any indicator Leonard wants to kick Sheldon out? I think were doing alot of presuming and jumping to conclusions here. Theirs no evidence to suggest its even remotely possible, not even the writers have suggested nor Leonard or Sheldon would do that. I think both have the same amount of levarage, I would say Leonards names on the lease too for all we know. Main point to consider is. One the premise is based on Leonard and Sheldon the Odd Couple living like Students. So Sheldon has mentioned several times his disdain for how Penny has changed their lifes, and his living patterns. This is TV Land though, real world logic obviousley does not apply. Nothing well change till next year tho. Difference with Monica and Rachel and Leonard and Sheldon is. The premise of Bbt is heavily centred around Leonard and Sheldon as roomates. Monica and Rachel was a big part of the show, but living arrangements werent a detriment.

Skull the evidence came from the final where Leonard suggested to Sheldon about living arrangements

He said he has plans to move in with Penny. And made it clear to Sheldon, hes going to have to come to terms with that. He never suggested a designated time frame. Nor did he right out say "Oh btw Sheldon this is the date where i well be kicking you out" lol. Point is writers have inferred living arrangements between Leonard and Sheldon. But all they have said they have no immediate plans to change anything, thats the only evidence to date.

Edited by 3ku11

Skull the evidence came from the final where Leonard suggested to Sheldon about living arrangements

Here we go again. Suggesting alternate living arrangements is not "kicking Sheldon out." He can agree or not, No one would be forcing him to do anything.

Edited by gsxdoug

There have to be other apartments in Pasadena that aren't 4th fl walk ups with the laundry room in the basement. how important is casa de 2br/1ba to Leonard and Penny in the grand scheme of things? Not a ton. If Penny is making the bank we are being led to believe she'll be making, trying to move

Sheldon of the home that means everything to him, out shouldn't be their first move, finding a nicer place should be.

Yes... I think to switch apartments will be that way. Even it doesn't make perfect sense to have married couple living in small rent apartment, it's the way to keep writers "across the hall" set, which is base of the show. I see Leonard moving to Penny, maybe some troubles with that, then Sheldon have round of horrible roommates, till he suggest Amy to move in. I don't see them having sex yet so they would need two bedrooms apartment. And the main three dynamic will be the same - they will still be across the hall. But writers have their way to surprise us, so who knows.  But I don't see some big changes this season. 

The living arrangements aren't going to change until the series ends. Leonard is the straight man, and there's too much comedic potential with him and Sheldon playing off each other; aside from the Lenny, that's been the one consistent element throughout the series. The producers would have to be on crack to mess with that dynamic, no matter how much sense it would make in a real life situation.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

There have to be other apartments in Pasadena that aren't 4th fl walk ups with the laundry room in the basement. how important is casa de 2br/1ba to Leonard and Penny in the grand scheme of things? Not a ton. If Penny is making the bank we are being led to believe she'll be making, trying to move

Sheldon of the home that means everything to him, out shouldn't be their first move, finding a nicer place should be.

You(and many others) are looking at it as real life, not as a problem in the production of a television show. Lenny can't move to another "A" apartment on a different floor. They would have to do to the apartments, what the do to the stairwell, there isn't room to put another "A" apartment across the hall (where "B" is), and besides, the stairs are on the wrong side. Although redecorating the apartment every time they move from one to the other is a much larger enterprise. And there is no sense in moving into another "B" apartment, just use 4B.

As far as moving, until the are ready to blow up the set and redesign the whole thing(as I Love Lucy, My Three Sons and a few others have done) no one is moving out of 2311 N Los Robles. One interesting thing from a production view, is that Amy's door opens on the proper side of her apartment as 4B and would fit in the 4B area. From the technical side, that is an option, if they want to keep 4A.

The problem with that it is the same problem they have with moving Penny and Leonard into 4B, there isn't room for their combine possessions. If they want to keep the 4A-4B configurations, and want to change the living arrangements, the best thing they can do, PRODUCTION WISE, is to move Leonard and Penny, and their possessions into 4A, and Sheldon and his possessions into 4B.

Although at this time, Molaro has said they aren't addressing the living situation, the above gives you some of the technical aspects the writers have to consider.

You(and many others) are looking at it as real life, not as a problem in the production of a television show. Lenny can't move to another "A" apartment on a different floor. They would have to do to the apartments, what the do to the stairwell, there isn't room to put another "A" apartment across the hall (where "B" is), and besides, the stairs are on the wrong side. Although redecorating the apartment every time they move from one to the other is a much larger enterprise. And there is no sense in moving into another "B" apartment, just use 4B.

As far as moving, until the are ready to blow up the set and redesign the whole thing(as I Love Lucy, My Three Sons and a few others have done) no one is moving out of 2311 N Los Robles. One interesting thing from a production view, is that Amy's door opens on the proper side of her apartment as 4B and would fit in the 4B area. From the technical side, that is an option, if they want to keep 4A.

The problem with that it is the same problem they have with moving Penny and Leonard into 4B, there isn't room for their combine possessions. If they want to keep the 4A-4B configurations, and want to change the living arrangements, the best thing they can do, PRODUCTION WISE, is to move Leonard and Penny, and their possessions into 4A, and Sheldon and his possessions into 4B.

Although at this time, Molaro has said they aren't addressing the living situation, the above gives you some of the technical aspects the writers have to consider.

Great post, Tensor. Your have gone through this several times in the last couple of years and it's good to refresh the points for new arrivals. A good deal of the plot development and deviations from reality that the show takes is for the staging and production of the show, which includes the sets on the studio stages.

The show is a three (four, really) camera shoot in front of a live audience. They do not have the freedom to change location easily which is why they have few outdoor scenes. That also means they can't easily shoot over several sound stages like a single camera show like Modern Family. "Glee" uses four stages on the Paramount lot, allowing for more scene change flexibility. TBBT has the 4B-Hallway/Stairs-4A to run the length of the studio audience. They would have to modify that set massively if Lenny were to move since the center of the "character wheel" is Leonard, as explained in season 4 during the Priya days. Sheldon will not move from 4A as stated in the season 7 finale and it would be too radical a departure from show canon if all the other characters (except Amy) were to meet in 4A after Lenny move out.

The sets are also one of the reasons that Leonard and Howard's income is understated. If they showed them at their true income level it would look foolish that Leonard would have a roommate after securing Penny and Howard would be living in his wife's one bedroom apartment that she rented when she was a waitress/student. If they made this realistic Lenny and Howdette would require either house sets like Howard's mother, or at least far larger apartment sets

Such are the dilemmas of billion dollar enterprises.  

Edited by BangerMain

I don't see them changing Leonard and Sheldon's apartment as the focal point of the show, especially that now with the Cheesecake factory gone, it is the only place where the whole gang gathers to meet - I also don't see them altering the relationship between Leonard and Sheldon to much as that is also central to the show - so I don't think Lenny or Sheldon will be moving out of the building, at least not till towards the end of the show - I think they will be slow to tinker with the living arrangements because there is no real reason to rush doing so, but when they do I can see Leonard moving into Penny's apartment and Amy moving in with Sheldon - Sheldon and Penny were hesitant about that arrangement before, but I think they would be a lot more open to it now. :)

I don't see them changing Leonard and Sheldon's apartment as the focal point of the show, especially that now with the Cheesecake factory gone, it is the only place where the whole gang gathers to meet - I also don't see them altering the relationship between Leonard and Sheldon to much as that is also central to the show - so I don't think Lenny or Sheldon will be moving out of the building, at least not till towards the end of the show - I think they will be slow to tinker with the living arrangements because there is no real reason to rush doing so, but when they do I can see Leonard moving into Penny's apartment and Amy moving in with Sheldon - Sheldon and Penny were hesitant about that arrangement before, but I think they would be a lot more open to it now. :)

Given S8e3 I don't think so. I is not time to rush Penny.

"You being blindly infatuated with me was the rock we were building this relationship on!"

Edited by djsurrey

Then again now Penny has realized status quo has changed, and given time to adapt. I dont see it as an real issue to rush Penny. I mean its been Eight years, Pennys ready she has no reason not to be. But Tensor and Banger are dead on, and Martin Pollard. Re the Technicle Issues and Standpoint. Theirs just too much comedic potential, to break the premise and the L and S Arch. Prob not till to the end of series, so thats a while way. Seeing Big Bang is a multi camera sitcom, and doesent have the flexibility to shoot more then one scene at a time, practically speaking it may make more sense based on real world logic. But for Economical Practicalities and to fit the premise of the show, and make it beleivable they need to keep it as it is

. I dont think anyone can really justify just because Alternate living arrangements are suggested, and specifically by Leonard in the s7 finalie. That automatically means Sheldon well be kicked out, or Leonard for that matter. Because it doesent equate to that. I do forsee seeing Lenny are at a more advanced stage in their relationship, Lenny to bring all their possesions over to 4A. And Sheldons possessions to 4B. But based on the dynamics, unlike most shows like say Friends when Rachel moved out so Monica could live with Chandler. Very different the whole premise is heavily centred around L and S. And while Sheldon likes to think hes the star of the show ;). And while he prob is. As prooved by Amy in S4. Leonards the social nucleus of the group. So him moving out storyline wise would cause issues too. So no for now Penny stays put with her beautiful hair, and has sleepovers :p.

Edited by 3ku11

What hints do we have about the ep being taped tomorrow night?  There has been an IG photo of Johnny and Kaley (and Kaley's puppy) in what looks like a doctor's office, and an IG photo of Jim and Mayim leading to speculation that they have a scene together.  Otherwise, what do we know?

What hints do we have about the ep being taped tomorrow night?  There has been an IG photo of Johnny and Kaley (and Kaley's puppy) in what looks like a doctor's office, and an IG photo of Jim and Mayim leading to speculation that they have a scene together.  Otherwise, what do we know?

Shouldn't be a real surprise that Jim and Mayim have a scene together, all things considered. More interesting is the possible doctor's office. I'm still hoping for that pregnancy scare I keep predicting.