S8 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

Well for anyone that ships shelnard this will probably be their favorite episode, if a little creepy. Hiding in leonard's closet, watching him sleep, matching urns? I need to see how they play this before I decide if I like it.

• Like 3

The matching urns is creepy and I hope PENNY has a disgusted expression her face, she should also be a little pissed because she is marrying him not Sheldon.

Anyway any good BTS stuff Kitty.

• Like 2

I can't stop laughing ... sorry ... :-D

But when I'm looking at Jim's IG picture and that we know that it's real, that Sheldon just ran into the glass door ... oh man ... I can't wait to see that episode :-D

A Shelnard bromance episode, yay ! :-)

Edit: Thank you Happy Kitty :-)

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 3

I imagine amy's mother telling her bedtime stories about evil rappers and other delinquents that might hey her hooked on drugs or steal her daughters chastity in her excessive efforts to keep amy isolated and protected from the world. Amy also thought talking gangster on the answering machine would scare people off from breaking into the apartment when they weren't home.

Thanks Happy Kitty.

Looks like a funny and tender episode.
We will see:  the staging is so different from how you picture they play some scenes.

But, I can't stand that Sheldon is still treated like a child, especially by Amy. 
For heaven's sake, he declared to be in love with her in the previous episode.
And again balloons and teddy bear, after bobble head in 8x03?! 
Do they want to make him grow up or not?
  • Like 3

Thanks Happy Kitty.

Looks like a funny and tender episode.
We will see:  the staging is so different from how you picture they play some scenes.

But, I can't stand that Sheldon is still treated like a child, especially by Amy. 
For heaven's sake, he declared to be in love with her in the previous episode.
And again balloons and teddy bear, after bobble head in 8x03?! 
Do they want to make him grow up or not?

I think Sheldon will always be a big baby, even maturing a bit, being in love, etc. This is something I love about this character, he is clearly evolving, but he has this adorable childish behavior... I love him so much!

• Like 6

I think Sheldon will always be a big baby, even maturing a bit, being in love, etc. This is something I love about this character, he is clearly evolving, but he has this adorable childish behavior... I love him so much!

Agreed!! 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Maybe, I didn't explain very well. 
I adore Sheldon too. And I can melt when his naivety comes out as in 7x23 when Sheldon explains Leonard's joke about the gorillas go-go dancer in Schindler's List or when he is enthusiastic for silly things he likes as in 8x02 with the Cadbury Creme egg.
But, basically I don't like when people leverage his childish side to get things from him or make him stay quiet. They don't help him to grow up.
I know this is not the case, but there are many different ways to reassure a person rather than buy a balloon.
  • Like 2

Maybe, I didn't explain very well. 
I adore Sheldon too. And I can melt when his naivety comes out as in 7x23 when Sheldon explains Leonard's joke about the gorillas go-go dancer in Schindler's List or when he is enthusiastic for silly things he likes as in 8x02 with the Cadbury Creme egg.
But, basically I don't like when people leverage his childish side to get things from him or make him stay quiet. They don't help him to grow up.
I know this is not the case, but there are many different ways to reassure a person rather than buy a balloon.

I do know adults like this though....while its not right NOR is it ok...somebody buying something to "shut them up" works.... I mean Amy knew taking him to the hospital was going to make him go all nuts so if buying him stupid crap because he stubbed his toe keeps him quiet in a hospital setting, so be in. 

And yea, she is taking on the role more of taking care of him this season.  This was to be expected.  And I don't think she minds it so much. 

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 4

First, let me add my thanks to happy kitty. Actually, I think it's an improvement for Amy to treat him like a child, rather than Leonard and Penny treating him like their child. That seems to have gone away, so far, this year, with Amy taking over. Remember, Bernie still treats Howard as a child. In some ways, the characters are still in the process of becoming adults. There are still bound to be times when the child comes out.

I'm glad that Leonard and Penny have changed the way they relate with Sheldon. And I'm happy if the child comes out. I love Sheldon character for that too.

But I don't think Amy, his partner, should act like a mother.

I know someone that did a tour the other day.

Apparently, in the woodwork department (where they build sets) there was a set with "the Big Bang theory - hotel room 2" written on it.

Hmm... Pretty interesting. Maybe they are reading these boards.

The Sets Could be for the Taping on 11/11. Aren't You going that week Kazzie?

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan