S8 Discussion Thread

Kazzie your going to the next taping! You could get some good stuff going on with that bit of info!

My track record isn't great.. Don't get your hopes up :p

• Like 2

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

I know someone that did a tour the other day.

Apparently, in the woodwork department (where they build sets) there was a set with "the Big Bang theory - hotel room 2" written on it.

That doesn't neccesarily mean anything for the coming shows. When Sheldon went to buy the tiara, the jewelry store was labeled 2 Broke Girls, where the store was originally used. Also, they had the Vegas hotel scene in TBBT a few weeks ago, so it could be from that.

• Like 2

That doesn't neccesarily mean anything for the coming shows. When Sheldon went to buy the tiara, the jewelry store was labeled 2 Broke Girls, where the store was originally used. Also, they had the Vegas hotel scene in TBBT a few weeks ago, so it could be from that.

Always the downer, Ten.  Always the downer...................  :p

That is so creepy and so sweet at the same time.  I love Sheldon and Leonard's bromance.

The matching Urns are creepy and sweet - but also touching that Sheldon wants to be buried next to his buddy - the afterlife agreement?

• Like 7

I do know adults like this though....while its not right NOR is it ok...somebody buying something to "shut them up" works.... I mean Amy knew taking him to the hospital was going to make him go all nuts so if buying him stupid crap because he stubbed his toe keeps him quiet in a hospital setting, so be in. 

And yea, she is taking on the role more of taking care of him this season.  This was to be expected.  And I don't think she minds it so much.

I can vouch for this. I'm an adult toddler and my mom still brings me things/buys me something so I'll stop bugging her (and we don't even live together :p)

• Like 3

I don't find Sheldon's behavior creepy or weird, even the spying the closet or the urns.

That's just the way he thinks, his lack of a filter.  To him the urns are practical--and still declare his intellectual superiority.  He was so sure that Leonard was going to die in the surgery (and that is simply his hypochondria reaching its ultimate conclusion) that he bought the urns for what he saw as the inevitable conclusion.

It all sounds like a lot of fun, to me.  The only serious thing would be the divorce of Raj's parents, but I'm suspecting this is something that's going to pay off somewhere down the road.  Maybe we'll finally get to see them both in Pasadena, maybe Raj will try to get them to reconcile, etc..  I see lots of story fodder in this development.  Otherwise there's no real reason to have them divorce.  If it isn't used to create more stories, there's no real reason.

When Leonard's parents got divorced, it was part of the main storyline of that episode--how he and his mother didn't communicate (while she communicated freely with Sheldon) and all that.

In the end, the divorce didn't impact him beyond that episode, but we never saw his parents interacting or anything like that the way we have seen Raj's parents.

I think that this is not the end of the story for the Koothrapalis.

I don't find Sheldon's behavior creepy or weird, even the spying the closet or the urns.

That's just the way he thinks, his lack of a filter.  To him the urns are practical--and still declare his intellectual superiority.  He was so sure that Leonard was going to die in the surgery (and that is simply his hypochondria reaching its ultimate conclusion) that he bought the urns for what he saw as the inevitable conclusion.

It all sounds like a lot of fun, to me.  The only serious thing would be the divorce of Raj's parents, but I'm suspecting this is something that's going to pay off somewhere down the road.  Maybe we'll finally get to see them both in Pasadena, maybe Raj will try to get them to reconcile, etc..  I see lots of story fodder in this development.  Otherwise there's no real reason to have them divorce.  If it isn't used to create more stories, there's no real reason.

When Leonard's parents got divorced, it was part of the main storyline of that episode--how he and his mother didn't communicate (while she communicated freely with Sheldon) and all that.

In the end, the divorce didn't impact him beyond that episode, but we never saw his parents interacting or anything like that the way we have seen Raj's parents.

I think that this is not the end of the story for the Koothrapalis.

I agree about Raj's parents - they wouldn't bother having them get a divorce if they weren't going to do more with it and they have been setting up that it wasn't a happy marriage for a while - maybe his Father or Mother will be moving to LA - but I will be sad  if this is the end of the Skype secnes Raj had with his parents - they were always amusing :)

Edited by luke
  • Like 2

It all sounds like a lot of fun, to me. 

No one was saying that it's not fun.  Part of the fun/funny part is that it is creepy, but that it still exhibits how much Sheldon loves Leonard.

• Like 3

The part in the taping report about Leonard and Sheldon sitting on the couch with bandages on their noses and Sheldon with a black eye make me think of The Precious Fragmentation, when Penny punched Sheldon in the face and broke his nose:

51.jpg

• Like 1

The part in the taping report about Leonard and Sheldon sitting on the couch with bandages on their noses and Sheldon with a black eye make me think of The Precious Fragmentation, when Penny punched Sheldon in the face and broke his nose:

51.jpg

poor baby

• Like 3

Just passing on what I was told dude ;)

I never said it was sure thing going to be in the net episode :)

Awesome work GadgetGirl375 :) much appreciated! 

OMG THIS LINE.

For me it's this line...

Penny: Why’d you tell him?

Amy: He wore me down. I was distracted. He’s wearing extra baby powder today.

• Like 9

Just passing on what I was told dude ;)

I never said it was sure thing going to be in the net episode :).

You didn't but others wondered if it meant they were going to be used for the next taping. Just pointing out the could be going to another show or were there from a previous show and they're recycling it for the next set.

Howard went to couples therapy with his mother and with Raj!   :rofl:

Awesome!

From the report it looks like Bernadette assumed that he went with his mother, and Howard didn't correct her.  The payoff is Raj coming in telling Bernadette that Howard went to couples therapy with Raj.  

• Like 3