S8 Discussion Thread

hmm, I agree with Chrismo on some level, i really don't know why the writers keep showing 'Sheldon The Childish', it feels odd, when we have episodes when he acts like the adult he is... the childish side is fun, to some extent- and i enjoy seeing Amy taking care of Sheldon; but this type of attitudes are starting to feel off... TO ME AT LEAST. When Sheldon went to Disneyland with Penny, that was funny, when Sheldon had a fit wanting to keep organizing Howard and Bernie's closet, that was so so. After that... well i keep hoping they drop this little things some day...

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

My comment was originated by the boo-boos and ouchies statement. the only time I heard that was when I was a little kid. Again as tensor pointed out it was on this thread. I didn't go on the Shamy Thread and say that like your fellow Shamy fan did on the Lenny thread. The whole thing is strange to me to get Sheldon a bear and then put a band aid on the bear after he walks into the window. I'm guessing the writers may have been going for funny but I guess I miss the humor in that.

Well, that's the same for me. These two occasions are only I can remember as Amy being "motherly" to Sheldon to be honest. Maybe there's more and I cant remember. Nevertheless, that's the reason I saw Amy as least like "mother" to him, cause unlike Penny and Leonard which are his parents totally, she act to him almost always, like adult to adult. That's the reason your post surprised me. You have of course every right to post here, If you would post in Lennies, you would be alright, in Shamys you would probably get cursed and here you get feedback positive and negative, from both sides. You have also right to find humor in everything you want, but in this I agree with you,  in this state, it's pointless to make Sheldon juvenile. But I took bear just as considerate gesture, so in this case, I'm fine.

hmm, I agree with Chrismo on some level, i really don't know why the writers keep showing 'Sheldon The Childish', it feels odd, when we have episodes when he acts like the adult he is... the childish side is fun, to some extent- and i enjoy seeing Amy taking care of Sheldon; but this type of attitudes are starting to feel off... TO ME AT LEAST. When Sheldon went to Disneyland with Penny, that was funny, when Sheldon had a fit wanting to keep organizing Howard and Bernie's closet, that was so so. After that... well i keep hoping they drop this little things some day...

it just seemed odd to me too. Last episode he said iLY to Amy. This episode he's holding a teddy bear. He went from an adult to a kid in one week.

I don't mind Sheldon acting like a kid sometimes. It's funny and cute. The guys do that all the time, like in Dr. Lorvis' basement. So it's not only Sheldon, while I agree, he can be a big baby, but that's nothing new to be honest.

it just seemed odd to me too. Last episode he said iLY to Amy. This episode he's holding a teddy bear. He went from an adult to a kid in one week.

I thought and wrote the same thing after reading the TR.
Amy, as his partner, shouldn't act like a mother.

I thought and wrote the same thing after reading the TR.

Amy, as his partner, shouldn't act like a mother.

While I fully understand why you would feel this way, to me there are many layers to Sheldon. I don't mind when Sheldon acts like a child and needs parenting as long as it isn't constant. And so far, this really is the first episode to show that of this season.

Now to me he has clearly matured since his journey, I think this upcoming episode isn't to show Amy mothering Sheldon but more Sheldon & Leonard (and how much they mean to eat other). And Amy loves him "quirks and all" so I don't think it's a set back from the ILY. To be in-love with somebody like Sheldon means you wear many different hats...and Amy knows this and is happy to do so

And this theory that the woman is mothering her man isn't foreign, it's been done before. In fact my boys watch this stupid kids show Peppa Pig... In it "daddy pig" is almost like an idiot and "mommy pig" comes in and saves the day and takes care of "daddy pig" like he is one of her children

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 1

While I fully understand why you would feel this way, to me there are many layers to Sheldon. I don't mind when Sheldon acts like a child and needs parenting as long as it isn't constant. And so far, this really is the first episode to show that of this season.

Now to me he has clearly matured since his journey, I think this upcoming episode isn't to show Amy mothering Sheldon but more Sheldon & Leonard (and how much they mean to eat other). And Amy loves him "quirks and all" so I don't think it's a set back from the ILY. To be in-love with somebody like Sheldon means you wear many different hats...and Amy knows this and is happy to do so

And this theory that the woman is mothering her man isn't foreign, it's been done before. In fact my boys watch this stupid kids show Peppa Pig... In it "daddy pig" is almost like an idiot and "mommy pig" comes in and saves the day and takes care of "daddy pig" like he is one of her children

IMO, in a weird way Sheldon needs Amy to act a little bit like his mother for him to be comfortable. Hear me out, for the last seven years he has had Leonard, who while being his best friend and roommate, also acts a bit fatherly to him. Leonard gets his dinner, drives him to school (work), and indulges his whims.Then you added Penny who kind of acted like the cool step mother with him. She cares about him, drives him around, thinks about his well being but she is not going to put up with all his crap. This is the dynamic he has been used to and prior to that he has his own mother.

So enter Amy, she knows that if she ever wants to live with him she is going to have to take over some of Leonard's duties. As far as he has come he us still going to need someone to drive him around, procure his dinner, and indulge his whims. Amy is only to happy to do these things for him because she loves him. Sheldon is a brilliant man and he is showing a lot of maturity but in the end he is always going to be somewhat the same as he has always been.

• Like 3

I reject the premise that giving someone a teddy bear, or other "stuffie", always means you are treating them as a child. Yes, we do give these toys to children--but we also give these toys to adults. One well-worn idea being the "romantic" one of the male giving the female a stuffie he's won at a fair or carnival--a romantic gift between adults, not the male implying some quasi-paedophilic idea. I can think of several instances IRL where adults I have known (including myself and my ex) received stuffies as gifts and there was ZERO implication that they were being thought of as children. I'll have to see how it plays out in the episode, but I think saying just because someone is holding / received a teddy bear they are acting like / being treated like a child is too quick.

• Like 8

Hello everyone ! :)

Since we know the title for 8x10 (The champagne reflection), I made some researches.

For champagne reflection, I found this website with wedding rings.
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/champagne-reflections-knife-edge-diamond-wedding-band-429.htm

For the word "champagne", I looked at the different meanings in the urban dictionary 

Of course, everyone knows the alcohol and the fact that it comes from Champagne, in France  :icon_redface: 

You drink champagne in parties or for special events.

But there is also this: 

Champagne is a Facebook code "I`m an engaged woman"

When we look at these informations, it's a possibility that 8x10 will be a Lenny episode.

BUT we also know (thanks to Mayim and Jim and their post on IG) that there will be FWF (yay) AND the return of Barry Kripke.
And thanks to the script cover, we know that this episode will also talk about science.

So I looked for champagne in science and well, I haven't found a real link between these two BUT I found this article published 2 weeks ago.

http://www.nature.com/news/physicists-see-potential-dark-matter-from-the-sun-1.16174

So the champagne reflection can be related to a engagement party for Lenny OR a celebration for Sheldon because he discovered something important for Dark Matter AND this time, he won't be wrong.

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 4

It would be nice to have an engagement party for Leonard and Penny.  I'd like to see them celebrate getting married.

Maybe they'll combine that with a second storyline about a scientific achievement (not going to lie, I don't know enough about dark matter/physics/ science in general to know what that could be :icon_redface:  big bang taught me most of what I do know) but I guess we shall find out soon!

Is it taping night tomorrow?

• Like 2

Since we know the title for 8x10 (The champagne reflection), I made some researches.

For champagne reflection, I found this website with wedding rings.http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/champagne-reflections-knife-edge-diamond-wedding-band-429.htm

For the word "champagne", I looked at the different meanings in the urban dictionary 

Of course, everyone knows the alcohol and the fact that it comes from Champagne, in France  :icon_redface: 

But there is also this: 

When we look at these informations, it's a possibility that 8x10 will be a Lenny episode.

BUT we also know (thanks to Mayim and Jim and their post on IG) that there will be FWF (yay) AND the return of Barry Kripke.

And thanks to the script cover, we know that this episode will also talk about science.

So I looked for champagne in science and well, I haven't found a real link between these two BUT I found this article published 2 weeks ago.http://www.nature.com/news/physicists-see-potential-dark-matter-from-the-sun-1.16174

So the champagne reflection can be related to a engagement party for Lenny OR a celebration for Sheldon because he discovered something important for Dark Matter AND this time, he won't be wrong.

Great research! Can't wait for the taping tomorrow!

For champagne reflection, I found this website with wedding rings.

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/champagne-reflections-knife-edge-diamond-wedding-band-429.htm

But there is also this: 

So I looked for champagne in science and well, I haven't found a real link between these two BUT I found this article published 2 weeks ago.

http://www.nature.com/news/physicists-see-potential-dark-matter-from-the-sun-1.16174

You bring up some interesting points. I don't think that it would relate to Sheldon. I see Kripke and Levar Burton stories related to Sheldon. IMO it would be strange to have an engagement party now. Too many things going on in the episode already. Your facebook reference is a possibility since Penny's boss is in the episode. Another possibility is someone got tenure, possibly Leonard? Edited by Chrismo

This would be interesting if he related to Sheldon discovering something and being correct this time (and confirming the pyschics worlds of "once your commit to her everything personally and professionally will fall into place"). 

And I kinda am leaning towards this as one of the key writers on this script is their residence science guy...and would actually know whats going on recently in terms of all of this...

I think the FWF segament is probably just a quick segament, not the focal point of the episode.

How Lovar fits in....no idea on that one.

I don't think its an engagement party.  I kinda feel like wedding "mode" will start in the second half of the season.  I do expect the topic to come up much more with a few episodes in the later half of season 8 focusing around Lenny and the pending wedding.  (ie meeting families, planning, eventually leading into living together again)....

I think plot "B" will be with Penny & her boss/job.  I think things are going really well for her on that front.

Edited by kerrycec03

I don't think Kripke has anything to do with Sheldon and fun with flags so he's involved  at cal-tech ... it could be tenure but I don't know if they would revisit that yet.. or its some kind if breakthrough... but don't they tend to stick to what's actually going on in science?

what is going onin science lately?

I don't think Kripke has anything to do with Sheldon and fun with flags so he's involved  at cal-tech ... it could be tenure but I don't know if they would revisit that yet.. or its some kind if breakthrough... but don't they tend to stick to what's actually going on in science?

what is going onin science lately?

Typically Kripke interactions are with Sheldon. Kripke/Sheldon sharing a scientific discovery together? Kripke telling Amy what Sheldon said about their sex life?

Whenever there's speculation about the title, I remember the time we were trying to figure out what "The Table Polarization" means. And then I'm like: "Why bother? xD

Whenever there's speculation about the title, I remember the time we were trying to figure out what "The Table Polarization" means. And then I'm like: "Why bother? xD

I was bored and when I saw the title, I was curious. And as I found some interesting stuff, I just thought "I can share them". That's all ;)

I read you guys and I realized that it's a bit early for an engagement party, you're right.

• Like 1

L/P dont actively see Sheldon as their kid or parents. Its just how Sheldon sees them. I just remember s7 finalie as to why Amy mothers Sheldon. Offering him milk was it, and he ran off like she was his babysitter haha. Its just continuity really. Now Sheldon has maturley decleared his love for Amy. You would expect him to follow through with every aspect of his life. Especially the small things. Thats why the taping report diddnt come across so well, but well see how it plays on tv.

Strawberry nesquik to be exact. In reality Sheldon just finished what Amy was trying to say. it was never thought of in advance. Is the last episode the real Sheldon or is this upcoming episode real Sheldon? By his track record I think this Thursday is more typical Sheldon.

• Like 1

So are you saying that even though Sheldon explained how he knew he was in love with her he didn't really mean it? He was just completing her sentence? Even though what she was saying was not to say it just because?

Sheldon has always had a childish side to him. Since day one. Even if he is maturing out if that (and I believe he is a bit) it is not gonna happen over night. That's not realistic. That part of his personality also doesn't betray his confession that he loves her. I don't see how that is related.

• Like 1