S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

No mention of Carol Ann Susi at the taping. I Imagine they wanted to keep the flow.

Three main plots. Howard, Raj and Leonard clean out a deceased professor's office. Sheldon and Amy film a final episode to Fun With Flags. Penny and Bernadette attend a company party where Penny confronts Bernie about her attitude.

• Like 9

No mention of Carol Ann Susi at the taping. I Imagine they wanted to keep the flow.

Three main plots. Howard, Raj and Leonard clean out a deceased professor's office. Sheldon and Amy film a final episode to Fun With Flags. Penny and Bernadette attend a company party where Penny confronts Bernie about her attitude.

Aww. Final episode of FWF? And I was hoping for it to be renewed for another season!

Bernie's attitude? Towards who? Penny, Howard or everyone in general? The girl has had issues this season! Interested in what her response could be? Will she open up about what's been bugging her?

And Carol Ann Susi? Sad, sad, sad. How will they deal with that? Edna Krabappel and Troy McClure from Simpsons status with this one. And I'm sad for the family of Carol not the loss of Mrs Wolfowitz's voice by the way, in case I'm misconstrued.

Edited by Itwasdestined

Aww. Final episode of FWF? And I was hoping for it to be renewed for another season!

Bernie's attitude? Towards who? Penny, Howard or everyone in general? The girl has had issues this season! Interested in what her response could be? Will she open up about what's been bugging her?

And Carol Ann Susi? Sad, sad, sad. How will they deal with that? Edna Krabappel and Troy McClure from Simpsons status with this one. And I'm sad for the family of Carol not the loss of Mrs Wolfowitz's voice by the way, in case I'm misconstrued.

I think it's a natural question to ask, and doesn't at all detract from sadness over Carol Ann Susi's death.  The fact that we would ask about her role as Mrs. Wolowitz speaks to her talents and legacy.

How comfortable is he dressing up like a swastika?!

YE Gods!

I am not usually one for clutching at the pearls, but...whoa. That's....that is a massive incomprehensibly offensive thing, even for Sheldon. Damn, I cannot believe that the writers went there.

In other news, I hope Bernie does get the message about how mean she is. I don't mind her getting her way sometimes, and I get how her Dad raised her, but she's about as offensive as Sheldon and frankly, Bernie of all people should know better. She's capable of getting it in ways that Sheldon isn't and will never be - although come on, Nazis? Even Sheldon isn't that stupid, right?

But DAMN!

A very funny episode, I liked a lot in it. But until Bernie gets a bit nicer, I am now.....your mean kid with big boobs. (sigh)

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 9

Thanks Michy. Love your reporting style

Yay! fun with flags lives on! This story sounds like the highlight.

Looks like Penny is keeping this job for a while. She's truly one of the gang at big pharma.

Is this the beginning of the reconstruction of Bernadette? Probably not but I hope we get a bit of Howard fightback in a follow up.

Need to see how the boys plot pans out on screen.

nazi joke? tag scenes haven't been the strong point this season.

• Like 9

Thank you for the report Michy! No Lenny, but great moments with FwF. Kripke! LeVar Burton! A Wil Wheaton mention! Looking forward to Amy-Roo and the Bernadette/Penny/Dan storyline. Also want to see the interaction of Leonard, Raj & Howard while looking to validate Professor Abbott's work.

Thanks again for your work. Hope you are getting some rest!!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 2

Does kinda hint at the start of Bernadette's reconstruction. They haven't done much with her except making her pretty biting with her comments...

Before recent news of Carol's passing I was kinda waiting for a little tension between Howard and Bernadette regarding the Stuart/Mrs. W situation. Like Bernadette is sick of hearing about it... Obviously now that of course will change.

The jabs from Bernadette this season I think are pretty harsh on purpose, kinda laying the groundwork to do more with her. From yoga pants factory with Penny to the nobody finds you sexually desirable to Amy... Bernadette has certainly been bitchy BUT I think it was done on purpose. Let's see where this all goes

Yeah, her behaviour lately has not been the best, but I hope the writers will start working on Howie and Bernie plot soon. They can explore much more than just silly arguments and Bernie being an ass sometimes.

(And I almost forgot, thanks for the report, Michy!)

Edited by karyshamy
  • Like 1

Seriously hope they rethink the swastika thing before airing, but they went there with the slavery "jokes" during the Thanksgiving episode, so I will be cringing during that part. Sheldon's parents were/are politically incorrect, to say the least, and Sheldon doesn't seem to know any better than to repeat what he was taught.

So glad Bernadette is being taken down a notch!

Great report!

• Like 4

Does kinda hint at the start of Bernadette's reconstruction. They haven't done much with her except making her pretty biting with her comments...

Before recent news of Carol's passing I was kinda waiting for a little tension between Howard and Bernadette regarding the Stuart/Mrs. W situation. Like Bernadette is sick of hearing about it... Obviously now that of course will change.

The jabs from Bernadette this season I think are pretty harsh on purpose, kinda laying the groundwork to do more with her. From yoga pants factory with Penny to the nobody finds you sexually desirable to Amy... Bernadette has certainly been bitchy BUT I think it was done on purpose. Let's see where this all goes

She's [email protected]!!  Calling it!!

Thanks Mitchy!

Shamy was funny and wonderful as always... and yay Barry!

Bernadette got what she deserved. I don't feel sorry for her, or person who abuses a child in any way, at all. Not to mention that the way she nicknamed the disabled girl was disgusting. I actually think that she got away too easily. But hopefully the confrontation knocked some sense into her. Hope that Emily will Het called out on her behaivour soon too.

Speckerman Recurrence disappointed me with the way of handling Penny's opinion about bullying, so I was glad to see Penny obviously being more mature and in the same time balancing between calling out Bernadette on her behaviour and being a friend and supportive. Penny seems like the most mature of the girls so far.

Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Raj subplot wasn't anything special, I guessed right away that number will turn out to be something non science related, but it was funny! Oh Raj...

This somehow feels more like earlier seasons kind of episode...

Awesome!

Edited by Mislav

Seriously hope they rethink the swastika thing before airing, but they went there with the slavery "jokes" during the Thanksgiving episode, so I will be cringing during that part. Sheldon's parents were/are politically incorrect, to say the least, and Sheldon doesn't seem to know any better than to repeat what he was taught.

So glad Bernadette is being taken down a notch!

Great report!

Agreed. After the swatiska comment it seems a good time maybe to end FWF. Bernadette being taken down a notch needed to happen. I can see how some would have liken to be taken down further but since the show is a comedy it was probably far enough.
  • Like 1

Agreed. After the swatiska comment it seems a good time maybe to end FWF.

hmmm...not sure they will take that out or not.  Sheldon has made off color insulting jokes before and its almost thought as "its how he was raised and he doesn't realize its offensive".  But yes, this one its a bit much. 

But if you watch 2.5 Men, Lorre is never afraid of pushing that button on stuff (although he didn't write this one, but does oversee it during the taping). 

Wondering if the audience reacted.  That would make them change it even more...

But a part of me thinks they'll leave it in for shock value.  Its obviously offensive hence why Sheldon got a door slammed in his face.  By no means would one walk away from watching that scene thinking the show is ok with that...but I do agree it can be offensive on such a tragic event.

We will see.  Its in the tag so I don't know...and it doesn't sound like the redid the tag a couple of times with different verbage....