S8 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

I'm glad I missed the chat then...Thank you girls for another amazing report.

So the Leonard, Howard and Raj story is kind of sad this time. The guy spent his whole life waiting for something big, and he died and achieved almost nothing important...I know this is what happens to a lot of people in the cientific department, but it's still hard to see it.

• Like 3

I'm glad I missed the chat then...Thank you girls for another amazing report.

So the Leonard, Howard and Raj story is kind of sad this time. The guy spent his whole life waiting for something big, and he died and achieved almost nothing important...I know this is what happens to a lot of people in the cientific department, but it's still hard to see it.

I really hope this is a thread that continues on with one of the guys. It seemed to hit Leonard the most, so I hope it's something that he either struggles with or reflects on more in the future. Even if it just kicks his butt into gear and inspires him to a truly great discovery. I just really like the idea of this, because I think it's something all the guys are constantly striving for, and they all assume they're going to make big discoveries, but have they in the last eight years? One thing here or there, but is it enough? I'd love to see that explored more.

• Like 8

I really hope this is a thread that continues on with one of the guys. It seemed to hit Leonard the most, so I hope it's something that he either struggles with or reflects on more in the future. Even if it just kicks his butt into gear and inspires him to a truly great discovery. I just really like the idea of this, because I think it's something all the guys are constantly striving for, and they all assume they're going to make big discoveries, but have they in the last eight years? One thing here or there, but is it enough? I'd love to see that explored more.

Howard probably has done the best so far, he went to space and to be honest, less people have gone to space than have won a Nobel, so he will be in the history books at least under his mission number. Raj discovered a planet, so he will be remembered in history. Sheldon will remembered in history for his new element blunder, which the Chinese confirmed and makes them look worse than him. Poor Leonard really has done nothing to be remembered, disproving Sheldon's element won't be remembered.

• Like 3

Howard probably has done the best so far, he went to space and to be honest, less people have gone to space than have won a Nobel, so he will be in the history books at least under his mission number. Raj discovered a planet, so he will be remembered in history. Sheldon will remembered in history for his new element blunder, which the Chinese confirmed and makes them look worse than him. Poor Leonard really has done nothing to be remembered, disproving Sheldon's element won't be remembered.

I think that's maybe why it was so important to him to find meaning in Professor Abbott's life's work. I mean, he was determined, no, his life has to have meant something, something has to come out of this. I wonder if he's struggling with that on his own and projecting?

• Like 5

Agree, Michy. I hope it goes somewhere with Leonard too. He was the one most interested in trying to achieve something when the other guys were getting distracted by their geeky movie nonsense. Leonard was sort of pissed that Penny devalued his career over her non existing acting career in the murder mystery episode last year. Sheldon constantly belittles his work. Throughout the history of the show, he is shown to be more outward looking rather than in it for himself like Sheldon through stories like the girls in science ep, his early presentation that Sheldon objected to and even at the cafe during lunch, it is often him who starts conversations about current science happenings. Often some of us on this forum lament the lack of recognition Leonard gets ( North Sea anyone?) so it would be good to see an arc with Leonard's career at the centre of it. The hard thing is, as Leonard says on his first 'date' with Penny in season one, not a lot happens in physics so what will it be for an experimental physicist to achieve? Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 7

Bill Prady is going to put the next script up when he gets 10 more donors for Tar as fundraising thing

Tell him he has to put it up with the entire title visible and I'll donate.

I think that might be what he's offering. In any case, I chipped in. :)

Oh boy, is there another way to donate? I can't pay with my CC online because I have a new phone number and I can only pay with the TAN I get through the message :(

edit: Meh, it won't work anyway. A ZIP code is needed and I know from American gas stations, that doesn't work with a German ZIP code.

Edited by FileXxX

Agree, Michy. I hope it goes somewhere with Leonard too. He was the one most interested in trying to achieve something when the other guys were getting distracted by their geeky movie nonsense. Leonard was sort of pissed that Penny devalued his career over her non existing acting career in the murder mystery episode last year. Sheldon constantly belittles his work. Throughout the history of the show, he is shown to be more outward looking rather than in it for himself like Sheldon through stories like the girls in science ep, his early presentation that Sheldon objected to and even at the cafe during lunch, it is often him who starts conversations about current science happenings. Often some of us on this forum lament the lack of recognition Leonard gets ( North Sea anyone?) so it would be good to see an arc with Leonard's career at the centre of it. The hard thing is, as Leonard says on his first 'date' with Penny in season one, not a lot happens in physics so what will it be for an experimental physicist to achieve?

. Nicely said Michy & Itwas...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Oh boy, is there another way to donate? I can't pay with my CC online because I have a new phone number and I can only pay with the TAN I get through the message :(

edit: Meh, it won't work anyway. A ZIP code is needed and I know from American gas stations, that doesn't work with a German ZIP code.

It allows you to change the country, so it should work.

So, if this professor died, does that mean that there's another tenured position open? :p

I'm not sure if this guy was tenured. It's possible because he was so old, but it also sounds like he wasn't much of an achiever. :laugh:

It allows you to change the country, so it should work.

I see... but still, can't pay with credit card right now. *sigh* Americans and their credit card obsession... I don't know why it's so popular, at least online it's just a pain in the a**!

I see... but still, can't pay with credit card right now. *sigh* Americans and their credit card obsession... I don't know why it's so popular, at least online it's just a pain in the a**!

I mean... is there another option for paying online? :p

Thank you so much for posting the taping reports each week. I'll never be able to go to a taping (unless I win the lottery) so I sorta live vicariously through other fans that are lucky enough to make the journey. Needy baby, greedy baby, indeed! ;-)

• Like 1

Poor Leonard really has done nothing to be remembered, disproving Sheldon's element won't be remembered.

Oh, there's a lot for experimental physicists to do. Experimental and theoretical physicists win Nobels in about a 50-50 ratio. Examples close to our heart are Leon Cooper, who won his for his theoretical work on superconductivity. Robert Hofstadter won his for his experiments in electron scattering. Also, disproving things can get you noticed, even win you a nobel. Ask Albert Michelson.

• Like 5

I mean... is there another option for paying online? :p

Loads... well, I use PayPal in Germany (I know this is a world wide thing) and I only need someone's PayPal E-Mail to give him money.