S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine so. I'm not sure how or when they will do it, but I can't imagine they'll just never explain why we don't hear her voice.

I wonder if they'll wait until after the holidays, since they already have this new script written.  I can't imagine they'd want to do a sad episode right before Christmas.  If this episode airs on the 11th, and the one taped on the 9th airs on the 16th, they're both a little close to Christmas for a serious episode--unless they decide to make the 16th a "very special episode".

I dunno, I guess it depends on how they were originally planning to have the Stuart/Debbie thing play out, etc., and what it might take for them to revamp all of that.

I think they will do it after the holidays... But we will see...

I do think they will incorporate the death into the script. BBT has never had to do something so serious. My gut think it will be put in as her death, Howard gets everything and Bernadette gets Howard to accept and help out Stuart as she will make him realize how much happiness Stuart brought her Mom.

Still such a sad thing. Such an amazing woman

I;m not quite sure where to put this...but here it is

I watched the ET interview with Mayim and Jim, and she is quick to answer that she likes Shamy just where it is but she has admitted that she does not watch the finished show (or tv at all). I think if she watched the finished show like we do, she might cheer them on just like we are

just a thought

Do you think before the season is over we will be saying a final goodbye to Howard's mom

Maybe in the episode before the break they will send Howard's Mom and Stuart off on a trip somewhere and then decide what they are going to do in the second half of the season, it is possible they might recast - Melissa Rauch actually does a very good impersonation of her voice - killing her off would be so sad, none of the characters has lost their Mom yet, and Howard had a particularly close relationship with his, plus he would have to deal with the guilt from all the fat and death jokes he has told about her, TBBT has never done a 'very special episode' that deals with any kind of emotional tramau, they mostly go for laughs, so it will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Edited by luke

Maybe in the episode before the break they will send Howard's Mom and Stuart off on a trip somewhere and then decide what they are going to do in the second half of the season, it is possible they might recast - Melissa Rauch actually does a very good impersonation of her voice - killing her off would be so sad, none of the characters has lost their Mom yet, and Howard had a particularly close relationship with his, plus he would have to deal with the guilt from all the fat and death jokes he has told about her, TBBT has never done a 'very special episode' that deals with any kind of emotional tramau, they mostly go for laughs, so it will be interesting to see how they handle this.

I don't think I want her replaced, because it makes her seem reaplaceable and it doesn't seem right to me. I think I would I would prefer they have her die and do a little sort of tribute to her. Howard and Bernadette should move in the house and they should have Carol's picture on the wall as his mother.

I don't think I want her replaced, because it makes her seem reaplaceable and it doesn't seem right to me. I think I would I would prefer they have her die and do a little sort of tribute to her. Howard and Bernadette should move in the house and they should have Carol's picture on the wall as his mother.

I love this idea of putting her picture up in Howardette's home, where ever it is.

I would like the idea that they write in Mrs. Wolowitz's death into the show and at her funeral, Howard's dad shows up to everyone's shock. I'd want it all to be a very sincere moment and not devolve into a huge argument that he left Howard and his mom. Its all very hard to say how it's all going to go down but I have to have faith they will Carol Ann Susi justice with a nice tribute if they choose to go that route. 

Who knows, maybe we will finally learn what really happened to him and who was tell the truth about the letter.

Edited by BBTGUY

I would like the idea that they write in Mrs. Wolowitz's death into the show and at her funeral, Howard's dad shows up to everyone's shock. I'd want it all to be a very sincere moment and not devolve into a huge argument that he left Howard and his mom. Its all very hard to say how it's all going to go down but I have to have faith they will Carol Ann Susi justice with a nice tribute if they choose to go that route. 

Who knows, maybe we will finally learn what really happened to him and who was tell the truth about the letter.

I thought the same thing about Howard's dad showing up at the funeral. I can see Howard and his dad slowing getting back in touch.

It will be a hard plotline no matter what, though. The writers have a lot on their shoulders to do it right and not be too dramatic for the show, and to do Carol Ann justice, of course.

OK I have 1 teeny tiny little issue with tonights episode which maybe others have a view on

Howard said he loved how Bernadette was strong and independent and she responded saying yet she still loves how he opens doors for her

What has being strong and independent got to do with anything? Surely it's just polite for anybody to do that and not just because you love them, whenever I go through a door I check if anyone is behind before letting it go

I just don't buy it

OK I have 1 teeny tiny little issue with tonights episode which maybe others have a view on

Howard said he loved how Bernadette was strong and independent and she responded saying yet she still loves how he opens doors for her

What has being strong and independent got to do with anything? Surely it's just polite for anybody to do that and not just because you love them, whenever I go through a door I check if anyone is behind before letting it go

I just don't buy it

Those are two different things. Holding a door for someone who is behind you is courtesy. Opening a door for someone else (like to a car) when you yourself are not using it, or if you are using it after them, then it's chivalry. But it's also frequently looked down on as being men assuming that women are weaker, so to specify that she is a strong and independent woman who is totally capable of opening her own doors, but he does it for her anyway and she likes it, that's what makes the difference. 

I don't know - on the one hand it might be disrespectful to recast the role, but on the other hand I would think that Carol Ann would want the character that she created to live on and not be killed off.

I love this idea of putting her picture up in Howardette's home, where ever it is.

But if they do end up killing off Mrs Wolowitz, I think putting Carol Ann's picture on the wall of the Wolowitz home would be a wonderful tribute.

I can see Howard's father returning for the funeral and perhaps Mrs. Wolowitz leaves behind a letter explaining the circumstances of his father leaving in a way that leads Howard to let him back into his life, thus switching Howard's parent dynamic from his Mother to his Father - and it would be nice for Howardette to move into the family home.

it would be nice for Howardette to move into the family home.

Unless Debbie left it to Stewie. :p But seriously, that would be a perfect solution for them. Bernadette already mentioned that they were trying to save up for a house; they'd essentially be handed one on a silver platter. Not the best way to get a house, to be sure, but it's a solution. (Or, maybe Howard could inherit it, then turn around and sell it to Leonard and Penny. Bam, Lenny living situation solved!)

I think having Howard and Bernie move into his mother's house could give them more comedy fodder (although sad to begin with), with maybe Bernie wanting to redecorate and Howard having a hard time making any changes to the house, going through her things and what to do with them, maybe renting a room to Stuart (or not!) and so on.

I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of his dad showing up.  They wouldn't have the same kind of "suffocating" dynamic that Howard had with his mother, but it could make for some interesting belated father/son relationship dynamics.  I don't know, though, because it could be too complicated to have as essentially a back story.

They already introduced a kind of serious story line with Raj's parents getting divorced--and that seems to me to be an ongoing story arc, at least for a little while, as Raj gets used to the idea and maybe one or both of his parents show up in LA.  It could be really funny if they both come at the same time, not knowing the other is there and Raj trying to keep them from running into each other--and Emily--during their visit.

Anyway, they have that kind of serious subject going on, and I wonder if they would want to introduce another serious thread.  I mean, I can see them addressing it, certainly, but I don't know if they'll dwell on it or bring his father back or whatever. 

It woulf be interesting to see Howard dealing with the loss but in the same time I don't want that because Howard has really been through a lot in this season already :(

And first his father abandons him, later his mother neglects him over Stuart and now she would die... ugh.

His mother is not neglecting him! Howard spends most of his time complaining about her anyway

I think their relationship is somehow like Sheldon and Leonard's they fight all the time but care about each othe and don't want somebody to take their place, also it should be taken in account that she too isn't easy to live with and can be mean and manipulative.

But still he would be heartbroken if she would die.

But again so would be Stuart.

Maybe that tragedy will finally make them make up and become friends and Stuart would fit in the social group and become a regular instead of Emily.

I think their relationship is somehow like Sheldon and Leonard's they fight all the time but care about each othe and don't want somebody to take their place, also it should be taken in account that she too isn't easy to live with and can be mean and manipulative.

Maybe that tragedy will finally make them make up and become friends and Stuart would fit in the social group and become a regular instead of Emily.

Yup, I think Howard would come to realize that Stuart made his Mother's last few months happier and less lonely, and he will appreciate and thank Stuart for that.

Stuart already fits in their social group--in his own place where he belongs.  He's not going to replace Emily.  As what? Raj's girlfriend?

I think that they could have Mrs. W leave Stuart a reasonable amount of money--she was already supposedly paying to help him reopen the comic book store, which they haven't yet followed up on.

I think it was interesting that although she was supposedly okay with Stuart bringing Cousin Jeannie as a date to the prom night, she obviously summoned him home (and he abandoned his date) in that phone call during the picture.

Anyway, I do think that Howard and Stuart will eventually patch things up. I do wonder what the writers had in mind before she passed away.  I wonder if they planned to play with that situation all season and how they might have envisioned it coming to a head and resolution, and how that will be changed now.