S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

The popcorn has gone stale from the last four 3 day arguments about Hookup-gate!

Another topic skull? Let's rehash should Lenny have told Amy about Sheldon leaving? They were fun times back in the days! Please new episode and taping hurry up and come!

Edited by Itwasdestined

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it wasn't snakes! I even scream when I unexpectedly see one on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate snakes too, like you I can't watch them on tv or even in cartoons. They scare the hell out of me. Yes I know. Pathetic.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by Tonstar17

I hate snakes too, like you I can't watch them on tv or even in cartoons. They scare the hell out of me. Yes I know. Pathetic.

Lol. My husband and kids constantly laugh at me and try to get me to scream when I see a snake on TV.

"Mom! Honey! Come in here and see this part on TV...it's hilarious!"

Yeah, the hilarious part for them is when the snake comes on unexpectedly and I scream and try and jump on the nearest piece of furniture.

Lol. My husband and kids constantly laugh at me and try to get me to scream when I see a snake on TV.

Yeah, the hilarious part for them is when the snake comes on unexpectedly and I scream and try and jump on the nearest piece of furniture.

Lol. What is so funny, is that you still fall for it. If I was you I I'll be a nervous wreak by now. I hope none of the posters that are tired of my ranting put up pics of snakes to scare me off this thread. ☺

Ahhh, come on Martin. I thought you were in charge of popcorn.

Usually, but no amount of popcorn can make this one entertaining. The horse has not only been beaten to death, it's been turned into liquefied Alpo.

At least it wasn't snakes! I even scream when I unexpectedly see one on TV.

"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"

-- Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark

Lol. What is so funny, is that you still fall for it. If I was you I I'll be a nervous wreak by now. I hope none of the posters that are tired of my ranting put up pics of snakes to scare me off this thread. [emoji5]

Most of the time, it is something funny they want me to see but every once in a while, it's a snake and me jumping on furniture and screaming my head off is the funny part (for them).

And yes, PLEASE no snake pics on here!!

I could say the same about fwf I dont. I watch the show for all characters not just my ship. I see none of your examples mentioned a shamy scene because they are all funny am guessing.

I will watch all shamy scenes except for in the final of last season, Amy was treated appallingly bad and I just can't watch it

I will watch all shamy scenes except for in the final of last season, Amy was treated appallingly bad and I just can't watch it

You're kidding, right? Her "boyfriend" is the biggest ass in Pasadena and nobody bats an eye. If you're talking about the scene where Penny tells Amy to leave, well... I would've done the same thing. There was no other reason for her to be there, except to piss them off, and that's exactly what she did. I enjoyed it so, so much!

The way Penny is typically written she would not talk about it.

In S5E13 Penny asks "have you thought this through?"

Lenard says "Yes, and I think we should go anyway."

Nothing more will be said. Penny is not a lets talk about it kind of girl.

If you are talking about prior to season six you have a point, since then, she is a talk about it kind of girl. Maybe not right away, but they have been talking things through. Your comment is the equivalent of say because Sheldon made some comments in seasons two and three that indicated he didn't want a girl friend, he's not a having a girlfriend type of guy now. now.

There are other factors involved that could result in Penny being the one to have the blackout rather than Raj.

from http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh27-2/186-196.htm

You do remember what that was in reply to, right? The point at issue was whether Raj or Penny could hold their liquor better. Blacking out would indicate she didn't hold her liquor better than Raj, for whatever reason.

You're kidding, right? Her "boyfriend" is the biggest ass in Pasadena and nobody bats an eye. If you're talking about the scene where Penny tells Amy to leave, well... I would've done the same thing. There was no other reason for her to be there, except to piss them off, and that's exactly what she did. I enjoyed it so, so much!

Wow. I don't get the airquotes... And I still think Penny could've been nicer.

Considering she was talking about Shamy scenes, I am gonna guess that she was talking about the conversation between Sheldon and Amy in her apartment.

Considering she was talking about Shamy scenes, I am gonna guess that she was talking about the conversation between Sheldon and Amy in her apartment.

Her comment seems not to be referring to Shamy. Penny could of been nicer. Sheldon has always been kind to Penny. LOL. It must be great for some to have such tunnel vision when you watch the show.

Really? I don't think so. Leonard and Penny deserved some alone time, without anyone ruining the moment (and yes, that happens a lot). Amy realized she wasn't welcome, but kept creeping around, so she told her to leave. And besides, Amy is not exactly an angel herself.

Airquotes for many reasons. I don't like Shamy in general.

Okay, but I can't see where this is new or any different? He's being an ass all the time and she's constantly trying to manipulate/pressure him to do things he really doesn't want to do. The scene in Amy's apartment was just Shamy in a nutshell.

Why go to this extreme to make a point ? ...You're kidding, "boyfriend", biggest ass, I enjoyed it so so much....Rachel didn't mention nothing about what scene bothers her... and even if it is this scene, fact she don't want to watch is her every right. Don't have any idea why do you have need to show how much something, someone is sad about, you enjoy so very much. What about..ehm...empathy ?  In Amy's words "that was kind of uncalled for." 

Why go to this extreme to make a point ? ...You're kidding, "boyfriend", biggest ass, I enjoyed it so so much....Rachel didn't mention nothing about what scene bothers her... and even if it is this scene, fact she don't want to watch is her every right. Don't have any idea why do you have need to show how much something, someone is sad about, you enjoy so very much. What about..ehm...empathy ?  In Amy's words "that was kind of uncalled for." 

Why not? Of course she has every right to not watch the scene, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm also free to express my opinion. My problem is that many people tried to make the season finale about Amy, while it's really not.

Really? I don't think so. Leonard and Penny deserved some alone time, without anyone ruining the moment (and yes, that happens a lot). Amy realized she wasn't welcome, but kept creeping around, so she told her to leave. And besides, Amy is not exactly an angel herself.

Airquotes for many reasons. I don't like Shamy in general.

Okay, but I can't see where this is new or any different? He's being an ass all the time and she's constantly trying to manipulate/pressure him to do things he really doesn't want to do. The scene in Amy's apartment was just Shamy in a nutshell.

I didn't make any statements on that scene. Rachel, on the other hand, didn't like that scene and she likes and enjoys Shamy as a whole so obviously she sees it differently.

My comment was just that there seemed to be a bit of a misunderstanding of what she was saying in that quote. If she was actually talking about Amy interrupting the Lenny dinner, I apologize.

Many Leonard fans were upset over the Itchy Brain episode. If I recall Rachel said she enjoyed that episode. I didn't see the "empathy" shown there. Didn't see how Amy was treated badly in last years finale. She knew what she was getting into being Sheldon's girlfriend. Also it's not up to Lenny to babysit him.

Why not? Of course she has every right to not watch the scene, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm also free to express my opinion. My problem is that many people tried to make the season finale about Amy, while it's really not.

Maybe because it's unnecessary ? Of course if your point would be to piss off people, or make someone feel  bad, than it's best way to go. You are of course free to express your opinion, but just because Rachel's opinion isn't same as yours I don't think it's reason to belittle hers with something like "You're kidding, right?" like it didn't have  value at all. Every opinion have same value, cause it's only opinion...I didn't have problem with your opinion, but with delivery of it...

Okay I am going to weigh in on this topic because it seems people here take things way too seriously.

I don't care which way anyone feels about any particular couple or just the show in general, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don't want to watch a scene don't, no one can make you. If you don't think one person treated another poorly, that is your right.

Here is my opinion on the finale last season. I am a huge Shamy fan, however, Penny was right at the end to kick Amy out, but at the beginning, no. Amy came looking for Sheldon, that wasn't wrong, she didn't know Penny and Leonard were having dinner. After they told her he wasn't there she should have left, end of story.

Next, many are angry that they let Sheldon leave without informing Amy, I for one was one for a while. Then I thought about it. They went to the train station to bring him home, why inform Amy that they were going. I think after they got back they may have waited too long to tell her, as I think it was the next day, based on clothing, but whatever. They had no need to call. They could have and said hey he's at the train station we are going now but not that big of a deal in my opinion. I am not mad at Leonard and Penny for that anymore. I was more angry Sheldon didn't call her, but again, he can be a straight up ass when it comes to those things so again whatever. He is slowly changing and treating her a little better.

Again my opinion so take it or leave it.