S8 Discussion Thread

Don't you know Tensor is Big Brother?

Yeah we have special moderator controls that let us use either the camera on your monitor, or if that's not there, we can use individual pixels to see what our members are doing.  Just call me O'Brien.  ;)

• Like 4

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

Yeah we have special moderator controls that let us use either the camera on your monitor, or if that's not there, we can use individual pixels to see what our members are doing. Just call me O'Brien. ;)

WALTER!? IS THAT YOU???

• Like 2

Having no VD is not necessarily a bad thing. Like Chloe said Prom was basically one. I would love more tradational EPs. Like have the guys do a gaming marathon. (Penny beats Sheldon at Halo again haha) Have the girls join in for once. Just a fun, light hearted ep. Nothing too deep. But yeah Troll Manisfestation sounds intriguing.

Some animals are more equal than others!

The revolutionary vanguard is entitled to a extra week in the sanatorium, two cut-the-rationing-line cards per month and silencing their opposition by throwing them into a Siberian prison camp. Nothing wrong with it.

Great taping as per! 

Im glad they covered the Mrs W stuff.. very emotional 

Sorry for a slow reply on this.. Ive been on the road all day... Happy to answer any questions :)

Edited by kazzie
  • Like 2

Perhaps Amy creates a WOW character and virtually 'deviates' Sheldon as per 'Hot Troll', would be one way to kickstart their sex life (and in line with D&D sex too).

• Like 7

Perhaps Amy creates a WOW character and virtually 'deviates' Sheldon as per 'Hot Troll', would be one way to kickstart their sex life (and in line with D&D sex too).

Everything is just sex with you, isn't it ? :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 6

ok, i did make it back all in one piece.

little up-set no big l/p to talk about.

it may started as a shamy, but it look

like it was a (shenny-OMG did i say that)

it was nice what they did for carol ann,

then store was opening.

@frankie- thank you for the kind words,

it was great to talk to you, now have a new

friend across the pond.

The show has been going more towards Sheldon and season 8 is a perfect example. They know Penny and Sheldon is funny, so you see more of them together to make Sheldon seem funny. The result is Leonard gets marginalized this season along with the Lenny relationship. The putting Sheldon on a pedestal and going away from the more rounded show is ruining TBBT for me. Lenny actually drew me to the show and I always thought Sheldon to be the stupid clown. I like Shamy because of Amy not Sheldon, but Lenny is what made the show for me. This season the writers handling of Lenny has been absurd, I could have wrote better Lenny stories then they gave us this season. It is criminal they waste the talents of two fine actors like Kaley and Johnny to produce this Sheldon crap all season. If I was WB management, I would be pissed. Think about it, two 1 million dollar an episode actors being wasted like this all season. The writers have lost focus on what the show was about, it was about the hot girl and the nerd across the hall, Lenny.

• Like 4

The show has been going more towards Sheldon and season 8 is a perfect example. They know Penny and Sheldon is funny, so you see more of them together to make Sheldon seem funny. The result is Leonard gets marginalized this season along with the Lenny relationship. The putting Sheldon on a pedestal and going away from the more rounded show is ruining TBBT for me. Lenny actually drew me to the show and I always thought Sheldon to be the stupid clown. I like Shamy because of Amy not Sheldon, but Lenny is what made the show for me. This season the writers handling of Lenny has been absurd, I could have wrote better Lenny stories then they gave us this season. It is criminal they waste the talents of two fine actors like Kaley and Johnny to produce this Sheldon crap all season. If I was WB management, I would be pissed. Think about it, two 1 million dollar an episode actors being wasted like this all season. The writers have lost focus on what the show was about, it was about the hot girl and the nerd across the hall, Lenny.

THe WB suits are happy.  The show is the #1 comedy and its numbers are always much higher than the other hit shows.  Even TBBT reruns usually win their timeslot.

The $1m they're paying Jim/Johnny/Kaley is a drop in the bucket compared to how much CBS and WB are making off their backs.  And Jim has skills, whether you like Sheldon or not.

Perhaps they could feature the Lenny couple more, but that doesn't mean the writers are "wasting the talents" of Johnny and Kaley, or that the Sheldon story lines are crap.

Leonard did a lot of growing over the years until he and Penny got back together, and even since then he has been growing in self-confidence with her and out-growing the total nerdiness and awkwardness he had for the first several seasons.

Now that he and Penny are fairly well settled, there are fewer big bumps for them to get over.  They're kind of the "parents" or the voice of reason pair in the group, so their story road has kind of evened out for now.

Yes, they may still have some points to discuss in their future plans, they have a wedding to plan, and it may yet be that Penny has some kind of acting opportunity she can't pass up, which could be a big issue between them.

I think that the question of when or if they're going to do such things depends on when TPTB want to place the wedding--before the end of the show, at the very end, during the last season some time.

Just because you don't like Sheldon doesn't mean that his character is a clown or that his storylines are crap.  As much as you want to see Leonard be front and center, many others like to see how Sheldon is growing and hitting some major hurdles both professionally and personally and with Amy.

I think that the writers tell the stories that they think are funny, or important, or that set up future story lines.

I believe they're going to spend some time moving Raj and Emily along either the latter half of this season or perhaps during next season, because Raj has been waiting in the wings for his relationship since the beginning of the show.

And with the passing of Mrs. W, I think some time may be spent over the next several episodes having Howard/Bernie/Stuart dealing with the fallout from that.  I think some of it may be emotional stuff, but a lot of it could be comedic as everyone heals from that loss.

I think that Lenny will get their due when the time comes, but for now they're in a stable place and there's not a lot of conflict that needs to happen between them.  And if they're conflict or interaction comes between one or the other of them and the other characters--yes, including Sheldon--then that's where the funny is going to happen.

• Like 8