S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

Regarding Chuck's spoiler, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a one-off thing that is resolved at the end of a single episode, which is why I made a joke about it in another thread. It could be like Molara's proposal scorecard (he is the one who said it, right?) They did it for one ep. and the very next L/P were engaged.

• Like 5

Well said, Lionne. When I talk about Leonard as support, I don't mean he is a supporting character like Raj or Howard. I mean as a main character, he supports all the stories because he's involved in all of them and always has been. As was suggested to Sheldon by Amy in season 4 when Leonard was with Priya, the social life of the group centres around wherever Leonard is.

Vasu, on the other hand, seems to be suggesting he has been relegated to Howard/Raj status, which I reject.

It has to be acknowledged that Leonard's slice of the pie is smaller than it was. And the damn pie is smaller too. Soooo many stories.

Not lookin' for Harelequin, just a LITTLE romance. So shoot me.

Well no, you are just going to have to use your imagination. TBBT only shows the funny parts. It is kind of like watching sports bloopers.

When Penny/Leonard are having their quite time on the sofa under a blanket they don't get much actual screen time. Like the writers don't want the nerds at home flicking the station from chick flick parts. This could be another reason Leonard is does not seem so central in season 7. Life is good for the most part.

Edited by djsurrey

There is currently no announced deadline.  The parties will continue to meet until a deal is reached.  The actor's can choose to work during negotiations or they can choose to take a different course of action.  We won't really know until it happens.

would they work for free all season, all 5 are up for big money.

can see simon,kunal wait to see what jim,john,kaley are getting.

would they work for free all season, all 5 are up for big money.

can see simon,kunal wait to see what jim,john,kaley are getting.

They would not work for free all season. It's going to depend on how things are going with negotiations. . If they have minor things to work out, or they feel things are moving along, they could could work with an extension of their last contract, with their new contract pay retroactive to the first episode. They looked like team players (and from their histories they are) and they also look good to other producers as non-trouble makers. If negotiations then fall apart, they still have the option of then stopping work.

• Like 2

Presumably the actors are reporting for duty tomorrow, then?

I hope so. Got 1% pay rise this year. Not bitter.. getting backdated from April. Yaaay... NOT.. I think it's all sorted, taking a guess here and going to put it out there that the contracts have already been signed and delivered, probably last week. They just love to tease us before they make the announcement later this week hopefully.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree with everything everyone has said. What I would like in terms of story archs for Leonard, is a better balance. Not have some of his main story archs dealing with Penny's issues, and the balance in their relationship, Power Shift e.t.c. With Penny becoming more financially secure. But have them deal with stuff individually away from the relationship, and bringing it back to the relationship. Instead of having Leonard or Penny so co dependent on their relationship. And I do agree and worry that Lorre's spoiler well mean Penny gaining confidence, and having some Power in the relationship, and Leonard's ugly head of insecurities well rear again. Like most have said they have been Friends for Seven years, dated on and off, been basically a married couple for three seasons now. Penny has given Leonard no reason to feel insecure, any issue he has is intrinsic. I feel his central equilibrium is settled, and always worry's that it well be shifted. So have some Story Archs like Leonard becoming a Professor at the University, I feel his career as an experimental Physicist is going no where. This well ensure Leonard/Johnny has an individual storyline that is separate from the Penny Pharm Rep Storyline, so we don't have a pathetic Leonard waiting at home for her to come home. It is true too Tenure was a one off thing, and they never brought closure to it. Tenure is just a Guareentee, but I Think Leonard deserves it. I think Leonard, Amy, Howard, Bernadette were a focus in S7. It's just wasen't from their point of view, more from Sheldon's and Penny's. I remember in S4 I think it was cld of bn S2, Leonard and Sheldon spoke for a class. I remember Leonard, Penny, Howard, Raj were cracking up over all the Tweets from the class at how bad and horrible Sheldon is as a teacher haha. I would like too see the show from Leonard's point of view again in S8.

Edited by 3ku11

Well no, you are just going to have to use your imagination. TBBT only shows the funny parts. It is kind of like watching sports bloopers.

When Penny/Leonard are having their quite time on the sofa under a blanket they don't get much actual screen time. Like the writers don't want the nerds at home flicking the station from chick flick parts. This could be another reason Leonard is does not seem so central in season 7. Life is good for the most part.

I guess I have a wonderful imagination, because it was the Penny and Leonard love story which first drew me to the show and has kept me invested.  I love the comedy too, and laugh out loud a lot, but Lenny's romance (and I think that there  have been many romantic moments between them during their 7 year dance) is, IMO, very special and not tangential to the show but a primary thread.  So, I guess we all focus on what appeals to us and our imaginations. Something for everyone to love.

P.S. I bet some of the nerds like the chick flick parts, even if they won't admit it. Love makes the world go round.

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 3

I guess I have a wonderful imagination, because it was the Penny and Leonard love story which first drew me to the show and has kept me invested.  I love the comedy too, and laugh out loud a lot, but Lenny's romance (and I think that there  have been many romantic moments between them during their 7 year dance) is, IMO, very special and not tangential to the show but a primary thread.  So, I guess we all focus on what appeals to us and our imaginations. Something for everyone to love.

P.S. I bet some of the nerds like the chick flick parts, even if they won't admit it. Love makes the world go round.

Leonard and Penny are more tangible and unique then people think. I mean as a guy I invested in the Socially Awkward Egghead pining for the hot blonde next door, guess I could relate to it, having a huge crush on Kaley Cuoco in 8 Simple Rules haha. They are really the epitomony of reversing gender roles, which sets the show apart from the run of the mill traditional rom comish sitcom.

They could go all the way to September 3th, for the first table read, have the taping on the 9th, and still be ready for the Premier on the 22nd. That's five more weeks, but I really don't think it will go anywhere near that long.

• Like 1

They could go all the way to September 3th, for the first table read, have the taping on the 9th, and still be ready for the Premier on the 22nd. That's five more weeks, but I really don't think it will go anywhere near that long.

In the meantime Associated Press has picked up the story. Wow, free advertising everywhere.

It is like a neon sign saying TBBT is a big deal.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/Negotiations+with+actors+delays+start+Bang+Theory/10076233/story.html

CBS Entertainment Chairman Nina Tassler seemed to take it in stride when asked about the negotiations two weeks ago.

"I just love being able to answer these questions year after year, primarily because we have successful shows," she said. "And when you have successful shows, you have renegotiations. We're feeling very confident that everything will work out. These deals manage to get done somehow miraculously year after year."

Edited by djsurrey