S8 Discussion Thread

I'm not sure I could take a singing Sheldon....

He sings all the time, Fiddler, sea shanties, soft kitty, the elements (to the tune of Major General from Pirates of Penzance), Singstar duets with Beverley and so on...

• Like 3

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

He sings all the time, Fiddler, sea shanties, soft kitty, the elements (to the tune of Major General from Pirates of Penzance), Singstar duets with Beverley and so on...

Exactly her point. :p

• Like 2

He has a lovely singing voice (see The Muppet Movie or the Elf Musical) but I would not want a musical episode. I initially squealed when I saw the episode title, being a silly old positive Shamy fan, but further contemplation leads me to believe that they would not put what we have always in the title, I believe this called the old bait and switch. No clue what it will be about though.

I don't think it was a Sheldon centered plot but it could of been A Leonard centered plot for a change. Leonard could of done the work himself. Or at least just had Sheldon do the math but instead having Sheldon piggyback on Leonard's idea. I guess since Sheldon's career in eight seasons has sort of been a bust. howard went into space, Leonard went to the North Sea, and Raj was on People magazine. Sheldon's north pole was a waste of time, he received an award at a banquet hall which He picked on the audience, got drunk and took off his pants. His experience with Hawking was the game on the computer and the paper he gave him with the incorrect math. not sure why Leonard would want him to do the math. maybe that's why Hawking was ripping on the paper he knew it was from Sheldon.

I read somewhere that Einstein's IQ was 169 and in episode one either Leonard or Sheldon said their combined IQ was 360, so if Sheldon is 187, Leonard is 173. He actually shouldn't need Sheldon to do the math. But when did the show worry about logic or continuity.

• Like 2

I love musicals but 2 hr stage versions, not in a 20 minute sitcom ( except in the Simpsons but that was a cartoon doing a one off Mary Poppins spoof so it worked. )

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 2

I hope they never, ever, Ever, EVER do a musical episode. I'm sure they can sing just fine but I find it so gimmicky and it honestly makes me cringe. Leave the musicals where they belong: on stages or in shows like Glee.

#CoitusIsComing2015

• Like 8

I hope they never, ever, Ever, EVER do a musical episode. I'm sure they can sing just fine but I find it so gimmicky and it honestly makes me cringe. Leave the musicals where they belong: on stages or in shows like Glee.

#CoitusIsComing2015

#coitusiscoming2000never :p

Like Tensor said earlier it's like adding a baby...a cheesy way to try and add ratings... They don't need to pull those games.

I don't really see how adding a baby is cheesy but I do agree that doing a musical would be.

I saw it in the last season of Raising Hope. I think it is kind of like Fonzie jumping the shark. TBBT does not need to do that I agree.

• Like 1

Guest Loyal to SPQR and Shamy

Wonder if Bernadette will be absent in this one? Mayim told she missed her at work on IG

Maybe she's out sick or something. A lot of people have been going out with the flu. 

I read somewhere that Einstein's IQ was 169 and in episode one either Leonard or Sheldon said their combined IQ was 360, so if Sheldon is 187, Leonard is 173. He actually shouldn't need Sheldon to do the math. But when did the show worry about logic or continuity.

It's not a question of IQ, it's a question of using the math. Leonard's been doing practical work with lasers, so he wouldn't be using the more advanced math. Having an idea with surface tension on superfluid helium would require math that Leonard just hasn't had to use.

• Like 5

No she is at Sundance, I just wonder if missing a day precludes her from being in the show this week.

Jim missed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday last year when he did Saturday Night Live , so I don't see why.

• Like 1

Sheldon is a theoretical physicist. Leonard is an experimental one. I don't see why Leonard asking Sheldon to do some math and work out an idea for him is strange: it's not a matter of IQ, it's a matter of experience and specialization.

EDIT: Tensor was faster than me...

Edited by LMD3014
  • Like 3

Sheldon is a theoretical physicist. Leonard is an experimental one. I don't see why Leonard asking Sheldon to do some math and work out an idea for him is strange: it's not a matter of IQ, it's a matter of experience and specialization.

I see both yours and Rick's point but I can only speak for myself that it's just another thing that Sheldon has to be involved in.  I guess I wish that Leonard's accomplishments would not necessarily need to include him.  Although I do love their friendship, I feel that Sheldon overshadows Leonard and I don't mean vertically...

But I guess it's just because I'm more of a Johnny fan than a Jim one...

• Like 3

I could actually see a musical number going well if they do it right. Perhaps all the musical renditions could be dream sequences. I was actually thinking that since Nathan Fillion is guest starring, maybe they're doing a big bang version of Dr.Horrible's musical blog. I could totally see shamy singing On the Rise and maybe Simon could redo this little number https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YQuyV1iNmM

haha just a thought

I see both yours and Rick's point but I can only speak for myself that it's just another thing that Sheldon has to be involved in.  I guess I wish that Leonard's accomplishments would not necessarily need to include him.  Although I do love their friendship, I feel that Sheldon overshadows Leonard and I don't mean vertically...

But I guess it's just because I'm more of a Johnny fan than a Jim one...

That's a perfectly fine feeling, and you don't need to justify it. I was just saying that Sheldon helping Leonard was absolutely realistic, differently from the "Amy helping Kripke with his Math" case.

• Like 3

Jim missed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday last year when he did Saturday Night Live , so I don't see why.

But Sheldon was only asked to do the Math. he wrote a paper on his own. JMO but it was to just piggyback on Leonard's good idea.