S8 Discussion Thread

But Sheldon was only asked to do the Math. he wrote a paper on his own. JMO but it was to just piggyback on Leonard's good idea.

Yeah, so? From what we have seen in the TR Leonard read the paper over, saw it was good and was pleased. The Sheldon Character really is a genius. The times I have seen someone working on a paper it did not get whipped up overnight. It was a long and painful process.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

But Sheldon was only asked to do the Math. he wrote a paper on his own. JMO but it was to just piggyback on Leonard's good idea.

Not sure what Jim missing three days last year has to do with that... ;):p

You could also see it as Leonard piggybacking on Sheldon's abilities and credentials as a theoretical physicist and his workaholic tendency to write papers overnight.

But I don't think that way either. Both Sheldon and Leonard seem to have found the arrangement to be perfectly fine: Sheldon wouldn't have the idea and Leonard would have to hand it off to another physicist anyway, so they both getting a well-done original paper that they can try to publish is a great deal.

• Like 3

NO to a musical number. Yuck. Haven't been particularly fond of the other musical numbers they've done. Sure, it's cute. But it's kind of hella awkward and makes me double-take to make sure I'm not watching the Disney Channel. 

Very curious about what next week's title could mean. Intriguing, indeed. 

YES to coitus.

That's all I have to add to this.

• Like 3

Gotta say it is nice to actually talk about the Science component of the show for once. We may disagree sometimes. But we can agree it has been awesome to see science return this season. Leonard and Sheldon working on a paper reminds me of the old days 1-3. Small doses every now and then cannot hurt. I am not sure about Shamy coitus. Heck they have never done it with anyone. Do they even know how to do it lol, boy talk about a first awkward time. Alot of comedy in that. Bit early imo. 

• Like 2

What if the intimacy acceleration refers to the idea I've had that Howard is going to try to glom onto someone else in an attempt to fill the void left by his mother?

• Like 1

Gotta say it is nice to actually talk about the Science component of the show for once. We may disagree sometimes. But we can agree it has been awesome to see science return this season. Leonard and Sheldon working on a paper reminds me of the old days 1-3. Small doses every now and then cannot hurt. I am not sure about Shamy coitus. Heck they have never done it with anyone. Do they even know how to do it lol, boy talk about a first awkward time. Alot of comedy in that. Bit early imo.

In Season 1-3 They didn't have the distraction lol. And now they are more normal now per se. Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

And Shamy do know what Sex is. At least more so Amy. First time are always awkward no matter what Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

Jim missed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday last year when he did Saturday Night Live , so I don't see why.

Thank you, I was not here last year... I used to have a life... J/k.. I never had a life...

Edited by boys3allc

And Shamy do know what Sex is. At least more so Amy. First time are always awkward no matter what

True just have to see Lenny's first time haha. But I guess it was easier as they had previous experiences. As with Shamy. Alot of focus well be on Sheldon, well Amy need to drag him to the bedroom? haha. Don't know, never seen a couple on tv where getting to the bedroom is so integral to their relationship, not like Shamy anyway haha. 

NO to a musical number. Yuck. Haven't been particularly fond of the other musical numbers they've done. Sure, it's cute. But it's kind of hella awkward and makes me double-take to make sure I'm not watching the Disney Channel.

+1 to this. Every time "The Thespian Catalyst" comes on, I switch away from that stupid (IMO) Bollywood dance number, which makes me cringe every single time.

• Like 5

+1 to this. Every time "The Thespian Catalyst" comes on, I switch away from that stupid (IMO) Bollywood dance number, which makes me cringe every single time.

That was good tho, it was fun. I am not saying the show should do a musical number. But theoretically speaking if they do, they won't suddenly lose their audience haha. I guess the fact it was part of Raj's imagination, it diddn't actually happen, so it was okay. 

That was good tho, it was fun. I am not saying the show should do a musical number. But theoretically speaking if they do, they won't suddenly lose their audience haha. I guess the fact it was part of Raj's imagination, it diddn't actually happen, so it was okay.

I always thought that was super cute...

Ditto. Can't watch it without secondhand embarrassment.

Please no musical numbers on this show. Just... no. A thousand times no.

• Like 2

Ditto. Can't watch it without secondhand embarrassment.

Please no musical numbers on this show. Just... no. A thousand times no.

But it wasen't really a musical. It was a dream sequence, so technically I don't think it changed anything. 

When I think of a "musical" episode, I think of multiple songs sung at selected times.  Something like Soft Kitty or even Amy/Howard's ode to Neil Diamond doesn't constitute a musical episode to me.  

So no, I would not want that type of episode..

• Like 1