S8 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

Its not necessary to band together againgst something that was never real in the first place ahem Shenny. I guess its an idea. Say Lenny is so realistically written. And its real life really, its real in so many ways. Struck home for me when Penny was crying in Season 7 and hugged Leonard when he bought her a car, just real life. I don't think people who are fans of whoever are fighting overall. Some just clash.  

I wouldn't mind it being about Raj and Emily but only if she is going to be in the show for a few episodes in a row. I don't want a big deal being made about their relationship if she's just going to disappear again for 6 weeks. It defeats the purpose of an 'acceleration.

I know a lot of people don't want to rush the move but I personally would like it to be about Leonard moving in with Penny and then the possibility of Amy and Sheldon discussing the intimacy of sharing 4A. Intimacy doesn't have to be about sex with these two. For Sheldon, Amy being in the same building as him would be an acceleration of monumental proportions. And it would be a starting point for him stressing about the social conventions of what should happen next, especially if his Vulcan hearing starts hearing broken furniture across the hallway.

Of course none of this fits in with Mr Glee guest star but that's what I'd like to happen. There's only 8 episodes to go after this taping. Time to accelerate the move.

• Like 5

I'll never understand why shammies and lennies are at odds on this thread. Like, shouldn't we be banding together against the shennies? lmao If you're a shenny, I kid of course *shifty eyes*

There's no fun in arguing with Shenny fans. "Your couple isn't canon and never will be." Conversation over. Not very exciting. :p 

• Like 7

I think Emily moving in with Raj is a possibility even if you don't see her that much. The excuse would be she works so much they would be able to see each other more. Raj's apartment is not really shown much so it could be mentioned they are together. I just don't think it has anything to do with 4A or 4B since that's way too obvious to me.

I am thinking its either Raj and Emily, or Raj and Cinnamon. Maybe Cinnamon hates Emily. But then bonds so it accelerates their intimacy haha. Or Lenny move in together. Amy moves in with Sheldon. Those options are the only possible ones from me.

I am thinking its either Raj and Emily, or Raj and Cinnamon. Maybe Cinnamon hates Emily. But then bonds so it accelerates their intimacy haha. Or Lenny move in together. Amy moves in with Sheldon. Those options are the only possible ones from me.

My logic is that it would be ironic if Raj and Emily moved in together before Lenny and Shamy. But at this point they don't have the issues Lenny and Shsmy have.

Just the thought of Shenny give me nightmares. Oh The Horror that would be!

If the Writers ever did that (which obviously they won't) CBS and The Producers would get thousands and thousands of hate mail and angry posts (Facebook, Twitter, etc,) for months on the end. They would never hear the end even long after the show ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Season 4, episode 14. The Thespian Catalyst. Raj, keeps dreaming of Howard leaving or getting hurt, with Howard giving permission, and Bernadette agreeing, for Raj to take care of Bernadette sexually. Penny teaches Sheldon some acting after Sheldon's class made fun of his teaching. They act through a fan fic Sheldon wrote, and Sheldon breaks down.

ETA: LOL, it appears there's quite a few of us with no life. :)

I remember the acting stuff with penny and Sheldon but not the Bollywood stuff, am gonna make time at the weekend to check it out!

• Like 1

Just the thought of Shenny give me nightmares. Oh The Horror that would be!

If the Writers ever did that (which obviously they won't) CBS and The Producers would get thousands and thousands of hate mail and angry posts (Facebook, Twitter, etc,) for months on the end. They would never hear the end even long after the show ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I initially thought of buying HIMYM's DVDs, but after its finale I was very upset and changed my mind (I didn't even ship Barney and Robin, I shipped Marshall and Lily). I can't imagine how devastated I would be if any of the 3 couples (Shamy, Lenny, Howardette) were to break up in the finale. 

• Like 1

I remember the acting stuff with penny and Sheldon but not the Bollywood stuff, am gonna make time at the weekend to check it out!

That's why I referenced the Sheldon story in the episode. I knew you'd remember that part! Bollywood part was the tag. Maybe you turned off the TV when you saw the tag scene wasn't Sheldon and missed it!

So I finally had some time to sit down and read the  entire taping report. Busy week here.

The title gave away nothing. I'm guessing we will find the same with the intimacy acceleration. Perhaps the intimacy acceleration is between Emily and some new dude. It could be anything. ..or maybe it is Sheldon and dark matter (his new field).

Oh, I was going to say The Troll Manifestation appears to be one of those episodes no one could see coming. I like that (most of the time).

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

There's no fun in arguing with Shenny fans. "Your couple isn't canon and never will be." Conversation over. Not very exciting. :p

And pretty fruitless in S8 terms. People who liked the idea of Penny and Sheldon are not necessarily stupid and they probably realise that its very unlikely ever to appear possible again. But by the same token I think getting Amy's legs to separate by more than 22 degrees is by canon unlikely, barring a lot of intensive therapeutic yoga or a visit to an orthopaedic surgeon. But people still hope... Anyone out there doing the research? Should we be concerned for them or is this quirk no real impediment?

BTW *DON'T* PM me the pictures.

(I did say don't - and look - currency hehe)

• Like 3

And pretty fruitless in S8 terms. People who liked the idea of Penny and Sheldon are not necessarily stupid and they probably realise that its very unlikely ever to appear possible again. But by the same token I think getting Amy's legs to separate by more than 22 degrees is by canon unlikely, barring a lot of intensive therapeutic yoga or a visit to an orthopaedic surgeon. But people still hope... Anyone out there doing the research? Should we be concerned for them or is this quirk no real impediment?

And Sheldon couldn't bend past his knees when he attempting stretching before running with Penny. Maybe that's why he was doing yoga with Penny last season! Maybe we will see them both doing yoga ( imagine the gear Amy would wear for that!) in preparation for impending coitus. Don't want them getting hurt!

And nograv, you're really fixated on this 22 degree thing aren't you?

• Like 3

And Sheldon couldn't bend past his knees when he attempting stretching before running with Penny. Maybe that's why he was doing yoga with Penny last season! Maybe we will see them both doing yoga ( imagine the gear Amy would wear for that!) in preparation for impending coitus. Don't want them getting hurt!

And nograv, you're really fixated on this 22 degree thing aren't you?

It's cracked me up. So specific. And mind boggling for now inevitable event. I'm guessing tuppenny upright as Sam Vines would say. But I think I'm done. Until she starts Pilates.

• Like 1

It's cracked me up. So specific. And mind boggling for now inevitable event. I'm guessing tuppenny upright as Sam Vines would say. But I think I'm done. Until she starts Pilates.

Cracked me up too. Amy has always been very specific.

6 degrees of Kevin Bacon games can now be the 22 degrees of Amy.

Or for the impending coitus could be the sequel to 50 Shades of Gray - the 22 Degrees of Farrah Fowler. Makes me wonder whether Sheldon will make another mathematical calculation error; this time with a protractor.

• Like 3

Cracked me up too. Amy has always been very specific.

6 degrees of Kevin Bacon games can now be the 22 degrees of Amy.

Or for the impending coitus could be the sequel to 50 Shades of Gray - the 22 Degrees of Farrah Fowler. Makes me wonder whether Sheldon will make another mathematical calculation error; this time with a protractor.

"22 Degrees of Farrah Fowler" :rofl: 

With all the Amy's body abnormalities first time will be hard one that's for sure :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

Here here!

As to our mathematics problem, firstly it's fortunate Sheldon is of the rangy variety, and four words spring to mind: congress of a cow. ;)

• Like 1

OK regarding the discussion earlier about "the thespian catalyst" and the Bollywood song

Having just watched it, I now realise why I don't remember it, its because I watched the tag scene once and thought it was cringy and stupid but I guess that's just me!

On another note I miss sheldons facial ticks

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

If they will ever have a musical number episode or feauture the karaoke night, I hope that they will feauture following songs: "I Gotta Feeling", "Wannabe", "L'Chaim to Life", "Ten Cent Pistol", "Unofferable", "She Blinded me With Science" (theme song from an unaired finale), "Ordinary Love" and some Neil Diamond stuff. Or ar least some od that, since feauturing all would make it too long.