S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

I just got word from Warner Brothers that The Big Bang Theory taped a secret episode in front of a VIP audience. The plot is: Amy and Bernadette go on a wild science retreat together where they run into Hunky McHunkerson (Max Adler) who initiates a threesome. Amy and Bernie, alive with their new sexual appetites, decide to run away together and start their own spin-off show: The Gang Bang Theory.

Discuss.

Is this some kind of joke!!

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this some kind of joke!!

Yes. Yes it is.

I just got word from Warner Brothers that The Big Bang Theory taped a secret episode in front of a VIP audience. The plot is: Amy and Bernadette go on a wild science retreat together where they run into Hunky McHunkerson (Max Adler) who initiates a threesome. Amy and Bernie, alive with their new sexual appetites, decide to run away together and start their own spin-off show: The Gang Bang Theory.

Discuss.

Love your work![emoji8]

Soooo, is that why Howard thought that Leonard and Penny might want to "swing" with him and Bernie?

"Yeah. Like I'd swing with him." Loved that line!

Yeah, well. It's funny in abstract. Regarding temptation, we had the Dr Billy Bob set up earlier, which was a classically farcical misunderstanding and Alex, which was to give Penny a kick in the arse and push her along. They could toy with the idea of temptation for a cliffhanger, especially if combined with a employment based change of location. Still, Rachel did that already (*sigh*). Gee, I hope the writers stretch themselves in coming eps and write good stuff for L/P.

Three more seasons of Shamy goodness ahead (again *sigh*).

I'm surprised that a Lenny would like Season 4 the most. How come?

It's my worst, I think.

I can answer that from another Lenny who loves season four. It was the first time the viewers got an indication that Penny did indeed care (and I would argue love) Leonard. How she quit the Truth or Dare game, that almost comment (...and then there' you...) and that look, in Justice League. Her reaction to Leonard starting to date Priya, her bitterness as they dated, the confession to Raj. Not to mention the addition of Amy and Bernadette to the main cast. Overall, while Lenny weren't together, there was some very nice moments between them and the plots (with a couple of exceptions) were very strong.

I'm surprised that a Lenny would like Season 4 the most. How come?

It's my worst, I think.

Largely because we saw Penny pining for Leonard. And we saw how tightly bound she was to him. The Indian restaurant scene, the save Sheldon's ostrich bit, running off from the girls after "truth or dare" etc... The best bit was the climax, when she wakes up in Leonard's room and looks soooo happy for just a moment. Then it all comes crashing down and ends with them both realising how deeply they still care. Cue season 5.

Edit: and what Tensor says . I'm being told to get up now so AFK.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Largely because we saw Penny pining for Leonard. And we saw how tightly bound she was to him. The Indian restaurant scene, the save Sheldon's ostrich bit, running off from the girls after "truth or dare" etc... The best bit was the climax, when she wakes up in Leonard's room and looks soooo happy for just a moment. Then it all comes crashing down and ends with them both realising how deeply they still care. Cue season 5.

AFK. Away From Keyboard. Right... ☺

Wait.Wait. I want to discuss. 

1. It will be a good opportunity to get more intel on Amy's  "22 degrees of separation" dilemma.

2. I'm really grateful Penny isn't involved and we will be spared the tedious "Penny is a slut" jokes . Hm. Amy is a slut. You know what they say about payback.

3. How will Howard and Sheldon retaliate? The horror. and

4. Will "the Gang Bang Theory" be followed by the pilot for "Bang Buddy" and will Michy and  Nograv become rich and famous for providing the concepts and thank us little people at the their awards ceremony?

Sorry. This is a response to Michy. I typed too slow.

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan

I can answer that from another Lenny who loves season four. It was the first time the viewers got an indication that Penny did indeed care (and I would argue love) Leonard. How she quit the Truth or Dare game, that almost comment (...and then there' you...) and that look, in Justice League. Her reaction to Leonard starting to date Priya, her bitterness as they dated, the confession to Raj. Not to mention the addition of Amy and Bernadette to the main cast. Overall, while Lenny weren't together, there was some very nice moments between them and the plots (with a couple of exceptions) were very strong.

Yeah, it was the season that Leonard and Penny needed in order to grow up and realized what they were missing by actually missing it. Season 4 was needed for Leonard to work out in Season 5 that he needed more than just sex to be happy in a relationship ( love car was still about Penny and sex, Mrs Latham was desperate sex, Joy was the same and as Nograv said earlier, Priya wasn't love but sex as well ). Penny needed Season 4 to fully appreciate what she threw away at the bowling alley. Zac was important to finally hammer home that she really did need that different guy she pondered about at the end of Season 1. I liked how other than Zac there was no one else in Penny's life in Season 4 and she made several comments to the girls that showed she realized there was more to a life of love than sex with hunks. Stephanie and Leslie were not real threats but Priya was in her eyes and the distressed Penny of late season 4 was needed for her to realize Leonard was it. So yeah I liked season 4 too for the Lenny story.

On a more sarcastic level, season 4 is also a favourite season for how much popcorn selling debates it seems to generate in a Season 8 thread[emoji12]

1. It will be a good opportunity to get more intel on Amy's  "22 degrees of separation" dilemma.

2. I'm really grateful Penny isn't involved and we will be spared the tedious "Penny is a slut" jokes . Hm. Amy is a slut. You know what they say about payback.

4. Will "the Gang Bang Theory" be followed by the pilot for "Bang Buddy" and will Michy and  Nograv become rich and famous for providing the concepts and thank us little people at the their awards ceremony?

From what I understand, the retreat offers a series of yoga and pilates which help Amy with her 22 degrees issue. Also, Hunky McHunkerson is quite sexually deft.

I'm not sure about Howard, but from what I hear, Sheldon goes through a psychological break which leads him to believe he is, at all times, a rhinoceros. He spends most of his time barreling through the streets of Pasadena with his head bowed and knocking over pedestrians in his wake. 

Not sure about the plans to air The Gang Bang Theory, but my hope is that it will be on a competing network in the same time slot.

OK. I'll give it a try and  binge watch with a different perspective.  There was too much sadness for me.

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan

1. It will be a good opportunity to get more intel on Amy's "22 degrees of separation" dilemma.

4. Will "the Gang Bang Theory" be followed by the pilot for "Bang Buddy" and will Michy and Nograv become rich and famous for providing the concepts and thank us little people at the their awards ceremony?

1. MAybe she will be able to come back and discuss the math with Sheldon - what does happen when she attempts 23 degrees?

2. Gerard already knows Amy is!

3. Howard will unpack Lisatronic and Zazzles makes a comeback.

4. They'll be better spin offs than Joanie Loves Chachi and Joey!

Discuss.

Amy got tired of waiting for Sheldon. Bernadette got tired of being called Mom. The show might work. I prefer seeing Penny and Emily in a threesome though.

Soooo, is that why Howard thought that Leonard and Penny might want to "swing" with him and Bernie?

"Yeah. Like I'd swing with him." Loved that line!

That was a really weird comment to make in the show, that Howard and Bernadette even discussed that. Makes me wonder what the future of their relationship is if the writers are putting that in. It is really off the wall for being a one time thing too.

That was a really weird comment to make in the show, that Howard and Bernadette even discussed that. Makes me wonder what the future of their relationship is if the writers are putting that in. It is really off the wall for being a one time thing too.

They're getting us ready for Bernadette's sexy orgy adventures with Amy. 

They're getting us ready for Bernadette's sexy orgy adventures with Amy.

I don't know, I guess I could see a drunken girls night turning in to a lesbian love in. However would you want to read all the posts it would generate about people's opinions on cheating?

Yes! to off the wall. And it would have to be Raj & Emily. Imagine the passion of the revenge... um... nookie.

Amy can swing with Howard... Lol. Sheldon and Bernadette would be funny too.

But the ratings would drop.