S8 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

It won't be about Shamy. I agree to obvious. Possibly maybe Lenny (I hope). Maybe they are finnalyl moving in together. And the intimacy is Penny's. Callback to S6 Spoiler Alert Segmentation. or Raj and Emily.

Remember these are the people that brag that they don't plan three episodes ahead, so three episodes from now that could all change.

i'm not sure what is left for Shamy to do. Coitus?Although it would be nice for a Lenny move in I don't think that's happening either. I think any official move in would be at the end of the season.

i'm not sure what is left for Shamy to do. Coitus?Although it would be nice for a Lenny move in I don't think that's happening either. I think any official move in would be at the end of the season.

1. Sheldon could start to warm up to the idea of a future living with Amy rather than Leonard.
  2. They could kiss with a little passion.
  3. Sheldon could start to enjoy dates and even look forward to them.
  4. Some day when Sheldon actually makes some moves we could have Amy realize he is starting to move to fast for her. There would be some irony if they reversed roles for a while.

As for Lenny well they will start making some wedding plans. I hardly expected they would be waiting half a season before that happened but here we are.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

They've only just agreed that Leonard can live with Penny one day a week, at that rate they might move in together by about s10!

They've only just agreed that Leonard can live with Penny one day a week, at that rate they might move in together by about s10!

You're probably closer to right thsn I am although I don't quite understand why Sheldon gets any day in this to begin with.
  • Like 1

Theirs nothing in the title that suggests shamy tbh. All the tapings ATM seem to suggest couples related thing. Clearly this is the case too. Not sure too why they are letting Sheldon decide their living arrangements. Do the writers think the viewers are that naïve? More to the question is Sheldon really that naive? They are grown ass adults. Move in together, or don't. But you don't need anyone's permission.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Just sharing my thoughts. Doesn't have to be Shamy. I think it could easily be Lenny too........

Simply saying that it was kinda confusing! No need to be angry! :)

Who's angry just sharing my opinion :)

It won't be about Shamy. I agree to obvious. Possibly maybe Lenny (I hope). Maybe they are finnalyl moving in together. And the intimacy is Penny's. Callback to S6 Spoiler Alert Segmentation. or Raj and Emily.

Why can't it be obvious? Who are they trying to fool with their titles? This is not information we're supposed to have. I can't see any reason why they'd go for a red herring title. Since when do they go out of their way to have applicable titles that mislead?

Why can't it be obvious? Who are they trying to fool with their titles? This is not information we're supposed to have. I can't see any reason why they'd go for a red herring title. Since when do they go out of their way to have applicable titles that mislead?

Hey don't blame me. I was just reinforcing what someone already said ;)

Edited by 3ku11

Why couldn't it be intimacy for both Lenny and Shamy? I mean in the sense of living arrangements, further intimacy for Lenny does kinda equal more intimacy for Shamy. Once Leonard and Penny move in together and create their love nest, it would give Sheldon that shot in the arm he needs to become more intimate with Amy..... whatever that is defined as. Maybe in the wake of hearing how hard it is to lose a loved one (aka Howard's mom), Leonard decides he needs to be closest to the one he loves permanently. This sets the dominoes in motion for Lenny's future as well as begins Shamy's journey to live together.

I would prefer for the writers to pull the trigger on living arrangements now rather than later so not only can they be fleshed out more throughout the rest of the season, but also to allow the season finale to be a little more exciting and fresh. Doing the living arrangements as a season finale subject seems a little boring to me. 

I just have this gut feeling great things are going to happen tomorrow. The episode title is very bold which tends not to be the case (at least from my surface observations). This gives me the same good vibes I had when the titles for Proton Transmogrification and Prom Equivalency were released. I felt they were strong episodes on all accounts with fantastic takeaways.

• Like 5

Why couldn't it be intimacy for both Lenny and Shamy? I mean in the sense of living arrangements, further intimacy for Lenny does kinda equal more intimacy for Shamy. Once Leonard and Penny move in together and create their love nest, it would give Sheldon that shot in the arm he needs to become more intimate with Amy..... whatever that is defined as. Maybe in the wake of hearing how hard it is to lose a loved one (aka Howard's mom), Leonard decides he needs to be closest to the one he loves permanently. This sets the dominoes in motion for Lenny's future as well as begins Shamy's journey to live together.

I would prefer for the writers to pull the trigger on living arrangements now rather than later so not only can they be fleshed out more throughout the rest of the season, but also to allow the season finale to be a little more exciting and fresh. Doing the living arrangements as a season finale subject seems a little boring to me.

I just have this gut feeling great things are going to happen tomorrow. The episode title is very bold which tends not to be the case (at least from my surface observations). This gives me the same good vibes I had when the titles for Proton Transmogrification and Prom Equivalency were released. I felt they were strong episodes on all accounts with fantastic takeaways.

I would be very happy for it to mean both couples. I just don't get why people are going out of their way to find some out of the box, obscure plot it could pertain to. Sometimes a spade is a spade.

• Like 1

I would be very happy for it to mean both couples. I just don't get why people are going out of their way to find some out of the box, obscure plot it could pertain to. Sometimes a spade is a spade.

Well the title intimacy is pretty straight forward. Not obscure at all.

Edited by 3ku11

I see where the others are coming from as many of the titles deal with a very small portion of the episode in a literal sense and often don't implicitly deal with the main story line. But I do have have to agree with you. I feel this one is too obvious to be anything else other than what it is. But i guess we will find out tomorrow night. 

I hope good things happen cause this thread has gotten so catty lately (at least from this semi-lurkers perspective). Its like The Real Housewives of BBT Forum up in here with all the drama. haha

Edited by BBTGUY
  • Like 2

Maybe we just don't want to get our hopes up.   :icon_wink:

Also, there are a lot of relationships on the show, and I almost feel guilty that my favorite one is getting so much attention.  Raj and Emily in particular haven't had a plot in a while, and we know Laura is on this week.

I see where the others are coming from as many of the titles deal with a very small portion of the episode in a literal sense and often don't implicitly deal with the main story line. But I do have have to agree with you. I feel this one is too obvious to be anything else other than what it is. But i guess we will find out tomorrow night.

Sometimes the titles deal with a small portion yes, but that's usually when you can't glean a thing from it. But you get titles like Launch Acceleration or Locomotive Interruption or Prom Equivalency that really dealt with no plot trickery. It's only with titles like Fish Guts or Flaming Spittoon, which give nothing away at a first glance, that have concealed the plots.

Simple. Historically the titles have not proved to be helpful in knowing what to expect.

Beyond that words have multiple meanings. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/intimacy

Theirs nothing in the title that suggests shamy tbh. All the tapings ATM seem to suggest couples related thing. Clearly this is the case too. Not sure too why they are letting Sheldon decide their living arrangements. Do the writers think the viewers are that naïve? More to the question is Sheldon really that naive? They are grown ass adults. Move in together, or don't. But you don't need anyone's permission.

As Mary Cooper said "you have to take your time with Shelley" Leonard's been his roomate for 10 years now, Sheldon needs to adjust slowly to Leonard moving out and Leonard is good to do that

Just the way it is

Edited by rachelshamyfan

As Mary Cooper said "you have to take your time with Shelley" Leonard's been his roomate for 10 years now, Sheldon needs to adjust slowly to Leonard moving out and Leonard is good to do that

Just the way it is

Moving in can be hard, particularly for two persons as different from each other as Leonard and Penny. Taking it slow helps, and if Sheldon provides that, great for them.

Firstly, I think that Leonard heeding the feelings of a vulnerable adult whom he loves like a brother is adorable.  It's this selflessness that makes him who he is and is the reason why he is so loved by those around him.  Don't mistake his compassion as weakness, it's very far from it, it takes extraordinary strength to do the right thing and ignore the temptation of selfish will.

As for the (very exciting) title, as Amy has been liaising with Barry, I think it's high time Sheldon's bragging about their sex life came home to roost.  Perhaps the 'intimacy' will come about when she asks Sheldon why he lied.  He's told Lenny he's working on it, he's reading Cosmo (which is nothing but a monthly sex manual frankly), maybe it's time to move from the theoretical to the practical?

(But historically I've not been right yet.....so I'm not holding my breath.)

• Like 5

If this is the episode that comes directly after the Mrs Wolowitz tribute, then I - as I already did elsewhere - predict a step forward between Howard and Stuart and no Shamy ... although I hope for some Shamy, too!