S8 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

How about one of Howard's relatives coming in because of his mothers death. Or maybe he is his step brother from his fathers second marriage.

I don't understand the Zombie part???

Just a thought, could this Max guy be Penny's brother?.

Guest Loyal to SPQR and Shamy

Just a thought, could this Max guy be Penny's brother?.

Good idea! And he comes and disapproves of Leonard.... and Lenny comes out shining and strong. :)

I was thinking of these love experiments the other day, in light of these recent articles by the New York Times on a study on intimacy by a psychologist. Do you think they got it from that, as well?

Here are the articles:

To Fall in love with anyone, do this

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/modern-love-to-fall-in-love-with-anyone-do-this.html?_r=0

and The 36 Questions that lead to love

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/no-37-big-wedding-or-small.html

Edited by Carmeli

I was thinking of these love experiments the other day, in light of these recent articles by the New York Times on a study on intimacy by a psychologist. Do you think they got it from that, as well?

Here are the articles:

To Fall in love with anyone, do this

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/modern-love-to-fall-in-love-with-anyone-do-this.html?_r=0

and The 36 Questions that lead to love

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/no-37-big-wedding-or-small.html

Saw this on reddit. Wondered the same thing...

Man, recent Season 4 fights and Lenny/Shamy wars are gonna pale in comparison to a United Shenny complain-o-thon here tonight. There's gonna be a popcorn shortage!

Well sounds like both main ships will be equally disappointed. Well it's out of the writers systems so moving on right

• Like 3

Man, recent Season 4 fights and Lenny/Shamy wars are gonna pale in comparison to a United Shenny complain-o-thon here tonight. There's gonna be a popcorn shortage!

Yeah, we should team up.

• Like 1

Michy just came in chat. The whole experiement was stupid and silly, not threatning at all. Sheldon and Penny just stared each other awkwardly. Then came to the conclusion they are not in love. Sounds like it is the writers putting the whole idea of Shenny to bed.

• Like 3

Phanta's post is definitely the way to think about this! I agree.

I also think having some Shenny plot in a preview for a sweeps ep will get them some casual viewers. And also will shut Shenny down to those casual viewers (which is who I typically see shipping the two, I mean we all know there are others, but)... I think only good can come of this. Even if it was kinda a weird ep and not what we were expecting! It will all be ok. We know Lenny and Shamy are all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy and Leonard do the expierement too apparently.

Nice to hear Leonard gets diminished per usual not. I don't understand the writers persistence at the moment, to make it clear Leonard is not good enough for Penny. I am starting to have very real doubts if Penny does love Leonard. And their may be problems down the road. Of course this was the writers using an opportunity, to prove scientifically Shenny cannot happen. Put it to bed, give the SO's another perspective. Prooving how settled they all are. But it is the diminishing of Lenny and LEonard.

Edited by 3ku11

Guys, you know that Sheldon working on his relationship issues can only be good for Shamy in the long run, and Penny is like his big sister. If he's asking her for advice or asking questions about what it means for him to be in a relationship, especially if he's wondering about intimacy (contemplating it), then again, it can only be good for him and Amy in the long run.

If the "experiment" entails answering questions, you know it's going to be funny, not sexual, between Sheldon and Penny.

This is what happens when people let their imaginations run wild... ;)

I'm not saying people shouldn't speculate and have fun with that, but then they also shouldn't get mad if things don't go the way they imagined.

It would be nice if it was a discussion between Sheldon and Amy, but sometimes you need to talk to an outside party to get perspective.

Nice to hear a voice of reason among all the noise. :good:

• Like 2