S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

The canx of the twitter to me just signals she can't say anything so to read some negativity would be annoying. Once the dust settles she may go back.

She is very active on IG so she may just use that anyway. I am not a twitter fan but use IG a lot

I don't think her last tweet before her twitter disappeared was well advised either

She might of meant well but in this situation its better to say nothing at all

Actually based on that tweet I'm guessing her agent advised her to delete or deactivate her account for now. I'm guessing based on that tweet that they are very close to settling but that both parties don't want to give the other side too much in order to maximise the bargaining power they have. Her tweet implies to me that the cast is actually a bit removed from the process and that this is being negotiated solely through the agents and legal.

That and people are being horrible on social media, just horrible, so why subject yourself to that? I probably would have done the same.

• Like 2

It says that as off July 30th taping report has been delayed. I am really trying not to panic.

Who is "It"? Audiences Unlimited shows no changes to taping dates on the future date page nor on the changes and cancellations page.

If The First Table Read does get Canceled again tomorrow for a Third Day I think it a safe bit that 8x01 will be pushed back at least a week. There is still 7 Weeks until the Season Premiere so there is enough time that it wont't affect Season 8 Premiere even if they do don't return to work for a whole another week (8/13).

I hope it does work out for everyone and That The Taping for 8/05 Happens next week as planned as I can see how it can be a pain buying a ticket which cost a lot of money and then have the taping be Cancelled especially if you someone her flying to L.A to see a taping. However at the moment t starting to like kind of bleak.

Does Audience Unlimited and other TV Tickets websites offer Refunds or money return if a Taping get Canclled?

I only rely on you guys to inform me about what is happening. I refuse to upset myself until I know something official and certain.

About the Amy/Bernie show. I am certain that it would never work even for an episode but I am just a certain that an episode with only the two of the six main characters would never work. Any two Sheldon/Leonard, Leonard/Penny, Howard/Raj etc. I could see it working without one or two of them or if there is a great need with any two characters on original scenes and the others in flash back. Maybe adding a bit of new data on the original scenes.

But I wouldn't be opposed to an Amy/Bernie show I am very fond of them!! :) But that would never happen it would never work.

Even if Jim has a different representation than Johnny and Kaley, that doesn't mean that he would necessarily be seeking a separate deal.  Actors change agents, managers, agencies all the time for different reasons.

If they have an agent or manager they love but that person switches from the XXX Agency to the YYY Agency, then the actor will often go with them to that different set of representatives.

Or an actor may switch to a different agent/agency in order to get better outside deals, like movies, plays, etc., especially as they get older/more established.

But just because Jim may no longer share the same lawyer/reps as JG and KC doesn't mean he's "going rogue" on them.

How they are represented is a separate issue from whether or not they're presenting a united front with WB.

• Like 1

you know this united front is interesting to me.  Now while I am not in the same industry, in my world each person's actual details of their contract are kept under lock & key.  I'm on a sales team, and while my actual compensation is half based off the overall team performance, there are some differences negotiated between myself and management vs. my teammates.

So my point of this rambling...how would one know the exact details of the others contract?  Or is it public knowledge?

My two work colleagues that sit behind me were discussing this afternoon the dispute and they obviously believed that the entire cast are asking for one million per episode

I put them straight of course and then I could see they were on Google looking if up and I think they now know I'm a bit of a fan girl the way I was going on!

• Like 3

So my point of this rambling...how would one know the exact details of the others contract?  Or is it public knowledge?

In reality, we won't know. There may be some estimates, some more accurate than others. For the actual number, unless the actors provide the actual number, all we really are sure of is that we won't know the actual number.

you know this united front is interesting to me.  Now while I am not in the same industry, in my world each person's actual details of their contract are kept under lock & key.  I'm on a sales team, and while my actual compensation is half based off the overall team performance, there are some differences negotiated between myself and management vs. my teammates.

I think when it comes to this sort of thing, they kind of have to know what the others are asking.  They can certainly sit down and agree if they choose to.  I think it would also have to do with what they negotiated for last time.

I imagine that when the show first started they were all payed based on some sort of common "scale" for such shows.  I know that in the music industry there's usually a "union scale" or whatever, that would be the minimum offered in a contract.  But also, actors with an established career or more experience may be offered more (or may ask for more at the outset.)  Then you would deal with lead vs supporting, etc.

I know that in my case with the symphony, the per-service players all know what everyone else is making--principals get X amount, section players get Y.  We have a handful  of salaried players, and I kind of think their compensation may also be listed in the Master Agreement as well.  Since we negotiate with management as a group (like a union), we all have to know what's in the MA.  Now, in our case, we can't negotiate individually, but we can negotiate as a group with Management when it comes to agreeing to a pay scale, etc.

And if worse came to worst, we could strike or whatever.

• Like 1

My two work colleagues that sit behind me were discussing this afternoon the dispute and they obviously believed that the entire cast are asking for one million per episode

I put them straight of course and then I could see they were on Google looking if up and I think they now know I'm a bit of a fan girl the way I was going on!

When peoples in the office or around the Water Cooler are talking about BBT Contract Negotiation/Dispute You know it has became big and a Very Popular Show. If Parks and Recreation cast was having a Contract Dispute how many peoples would know about it or be talking about it aside from the Media and it small fanbase

I think when it comes to this sort of thing, they kind of have to know what the others are asking. They can certainly sit down and agree if they choose to. I think it would also have to do with what they negotiated for last time.

I imagine that when the show first started they were all payed based on some sort of common "scale" for such shows. I know that in the music industry there's usually a "union scale" or whatever, that would be the minimum offered in a contract. But also, actors with an established career or more experience may be offered more (or may ask for more at the outset.) Then you would deal with lead vs supporting, etc.

I know that in my case with the symphony, the per-service players all know what everyone else is making--principals get X amount, section players get Y. We have a handful of salaried players, and I kind of think their compensation may also be listed in the Master Agreement as well. Since we negotiate with management as a group (like a union), we all have to know what's in the MA. Now, in our case, we can't negotiate individually, but we can negotiate as a group with Management when it comes to agreeing to a pay scale, etc.

And if worse came to worst, we could strike or whatever.

If we go by establish actors then really Johnny would have been paid more from the onset as he was already well known from Two TV Show shows and the show from what i have read is from the perspective of the Leonard character or it was built around him. And Kaley was on Two shows previously including 8 Simple Rules. Jim came from Theatre however eventually became the breakout character. However I thunk all three are equal in screen times and are all considered leads

Edited by TVFAN13
  • Like 1

A story is up on the Fox News homepage reporting that production has shut down due to the on-going contract negotiations.

I created a thread on this earlier today. It has since disappeared. Is there an edict in place banning bad news?

A story is up on the Fox News homepage reporting that production has shut down due to the on-going contract negotiations.

I created a thread on this earlier today. It has since disappeared. Is there an edict in place banning bad news?

No, it's about not having several different threads on the same topic.  Your post was moved to one of the threads with the ongoing discussion.

ETA: It's in the Cast, Crew, & BBT News thread in the Cast & Crew folder.  On page 42, I think.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

Nah, just an unwritten rule about the same topic being spread across 36 dozen threads. :biggrin:

• Like 2

No, it's about not having several different threads on the same topic.  Your post was moved to one of the threads with the ongoing discussion.

ETA: It's in the Cast, Crew, & BBT News thread in the Cast & Crew folder.  On page 42, I think.

I see. Thanks!

• Like 1

That was my fault HeWolf. I merged the thread, got called away from the keyboard, and didn't get back to let you know. My apologies.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's the mesmerizing avatar or your boundless positive enthusiasm, but this just made me smile.  :)   Good for you.