S8 Discussion Thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

Ok, Chrismo. You're stirring the pot again and Rachel's getting annoyed with all the Shenny talk....and nobody put up any popcorn gifs! [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give us time ...  :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 1

The comment was "I'll bet he didn't keep his eyes closed with Amy". He didn't. There was nothing about duration.

I know, but you pointed out that he didn't keep his eyes closed with Penny either. I just wanted to point out that there aren't many similarities between the two, uhm, sightings. Edited by Mislav

The only one who has reasons to be upset is Chrismo, it is only getting more obvious that Shenny will never be the canon :)

i'm not upset I'm a Lenny fan Others mostly Shamy fans seem upset.

Ok, Chrismo. You're stirring the pot again and Rachel's getting annoyed with all the Shenny talk....and nobody put up any popcorn gifs! [emoji30]

is that Rachel banging her head against the wall? maybe we can find 3k to comfort her. LOL
  • Like 1

Correct I forgot about that (surprised as its such a funny episode)....

While I am one of the few on here who enjoy Shenny scenes and totally get that the mass audience love these two characters together (in a non-romantic way) I do think it's time for some sort of mention of marriage to occur for Lenny.

It's not just you, Kerry. I love Shamy, but the Shenny scenes throughout the years have been some of the comedy highlights of the entire show's run, to me. Sheldon mentioning Penny's attractiveness doesn't faze me. He mentioned it again in the "Anxiety" episode that Penny is working much harder than Leonard to stay attractive in the relationship. Sheldon is just acknowledging that by society's standards, Penny is an attractive woman. He is just stating a fact, and is not suggesting that he desires her at all.

As a side note, I found it interesting that in the "Werewolf" episode, when Penny tells Sheldon he's seen her naked, Leonard is upset but Amy isn't surprised by it. Presumably he already told Amy about the incident, and it didn't mean anything to him--he was merely helping a friend in a crisis.

• Like 8

i'm not upset I'm a Lenny fan Others mostly Shamy fans seem upset.is that Rachel banging her head against the wall? maybe we can find 3k to comfort her. LOL

Nope, that's just you.

3k????????????

Please explain

He meant 3ku11. Maybe there's something wrong with his keyboard.

Really when you think about it all the guys have see Penny naked in some way. She stripped nude for Raj in bed. Sheldon saw her ass and boobs. Howard saw her boobs in that movie she made. Penny even said if they went to a place where people haven't seen her naked they would have to drive a while. It is sort of canon that Penny getting naked is not a big deal.

• Like 2

I wish we could go to the old days when TV shows would taped 30 to 36 episodes a season the only time there were reruns were in the summer but with only 24 episodes in a season we get reruns in the middle of sweeps but understandable because 14  episodes have already aired and only 10 are left to last until May. With the increase cost of production this season with the 3 main stars making a million an episode I don't see them increasing the number of episodes in a season

• Like 1

If they made more episodes per year, the quality would probably suffer.  I'd rather have 24 good episodes than 36 with some of them being so-so.

• Like 3

We, Shamy fans are pretty calm, after all Sheldon grabbed Penny's boob and saw her all nature, but obviously it didn't get him much - "relax, it was just her bottom and her breast" , while seeing Amy all covered caused him panic attack because she was too pretty :)

At that time, I think, Sheldon's "deal" was unclear, but he was assumed to be disinterested in sex. Not even uninterested - beyond that. Rationally, he knew what females looked like, as he has an eidetic memory and had been to Europe, where he would be hard pressed not see to a visual representation of a naked woman. So being disinterested and informed allowed his peek to be sexually meaningless to him. He wasn't being purient by looking. He was just looking. And being rational about nudity. Everybody else got excited about it, but not him. No sexual desire there at all. Simple monkey curiosity instead.

My view.

• Like 4

At that time, I think, Sheldon's "deal" was unclear, but he was assumed to be disinterested in sex. Not even uninterested - beyond that. Rationally, he knew what females looked like, as he has an eidetic memory and had been to Europe, where he would be hard pressed not see to a visual representation of a naked woman. So being disinterested and informed allowed his peek to be sexually meaningless to him. He wasn't being purient by looking. He was just looking. And being rational about nudity. Everybody else got excited about it, but not him. No sexual desire there at all. Simple monkey curiosity instead.

My view.

Actually, he told her "why" he peeked. It's because he was following what he thought was the social conviction of "the hero always peeks." Since he was the hero in her time of need, and the hero always peeks, he felt he had to also even though what he peeked at, he had no interest in.

• Like 2

Uhm, what?

My other point was you didn't see Amy and Sheldon-in-the-tub. It was Amelia and Cooper, two completely different people. It was a nice teaser, that they can repeat if they want, to keep the urst pumped up, but it doesn't mark any turning point in the relationship for Shamy. It was perhaps also a very friendly shoutout to the fanfic writers. It was Amy's fantasy, very well played out and, btw, I thought Leonard's reaction was right on. His partners prurience was also completely right on. I can now picture some time in the future; Leonard with the sound cancelling headphones and eyes scrunched shut and Penny with her ear up against the wall and a quizzical expression on her face as she tries to work out how far through "that book" Sheldon has managed to travel. No idea when that 'll happen, but it should be funny.

• Like 6

I wish we could go to the old days when TV shows would taped 30 to 36 episodes a season the only time there were reruns were in the summer but with only 24 episodes in a season we get reruns in the middle of sweeps but understandable because 14  episodes have already aired and only 10 are left to last until May. With the increase cost of production this season with the 3 main stars making a million an episode I don't see them increasing the number of episodes in a season

Those days are the reason there are only 24 episodes a year now. The television season is 36 weeks long(and some shows, The Honeymooners for example, ran 39). 34 shows would mean that there would only be two weeks off(usually Christmas and New Years). The actors were burning out (the stars for shows can spend 12-14 hours a day on set) and were prevented from doing other projects. Through the years SAG negotiated the limits they have now. Current SAG rules limit 1/2 hour shows to taping only six times in eight weeks. That's why TBBT is normally on a two on, one off schedule. Add that the season is now only 33 production weeks (time off during the holidays) means there are four, eight week blocks during the season (this is movable and there are some fudging that can be done, but this in general, a good rule of thumb) Since they can shoot six times in each of those four blocks, you get 24 Episodes.

• Like 5

My view.

Hehe, that's literally the first time I see this opinion - mostly I see Europe portrayed as the wild place where Americans go to go wild, cause we're so "uninhibited" :icon_biggrin: 

Although  I agree with you in majority, I think not only disinterest in sex as whole made his look at Penny sexually meaningless to him. Maybe he just didn't have any reason see her that way - in look at naked body, doesn't have to be any sexual meaning.  As Penny is beautiful and desirable for most of man, even here are those who didn't find her as much, as the others, so there can be also simple explanation - maybe Penny just wasn't it, and "cute little lump of wool" is really what makes Sheldon's motor running. It would be really boring if we all have same taste after all ;) But that's just my two cents, with Sheldon I guess any assumption is equal.

What else is new? Lol.

• Like 2

Hehe, that's literally the first time I see this opinion - mostly I see Europe portrayed as the wild place where Americans go to go wild, cause we're so "uninhibited" :icon_biggrin:

Normally I would agree with your comment, but in this case... He lived a few years in Germany, the land of "Why is she naked? Is that a car commercial?" TV :). And we're talking about Sheldon! I'm sure he spent hours and hours in front of the TV, and seeing something was inevitable.

Edited by LMD3014

Thanks Ratings Guru for the explanation I figure it was SAG that put limits on the number of episodes it just frustrating after the first of the year you have a number of repeats from January to May

Although  I agree with you in majority, I think not only disinterest in sex as whole made his look at Penny sexually meaningless to him. Maybe he just didn't have any reason see her that way - in look at naked body, doesn't have to be any sexual meaning.  As Penny is beautiful and desirable for most of man, even here are those who didn't find her as much, as the others, so there can be also simple explanation - maybe Penny just wasn't it, and "cute little lump of wool" is really what makes Sheldon's motor running. It would be really boring if we all have same taste after all ;) But that's just my two cents, with Sheldon I guess any assumption is equal.

I may have been unclear. He was in Germany. I dated a German for 5 years and visited there. Highly likely he either saw art or real perople with their gear off. "Hard pressed not to"  means unlikely he didnt see something like a naked person (female).  Especially if he went to the town baths on a Wednesday. Hoho. :)  That might not be universal but it was mixed sauna day in Memmelsdorf as I recall. Brilliant. But that was the 80s. Maybe things have changed.

• Like 1

I may have been unclear. He was in Germany. I dated a German for 5 years and visited there. Highly likely he either saw art or real perople with their gear off. "Hard pressed not to"  means unlikely he didnt see something like a naked person (female).  Especially if he went to the town baths on a Wednesday. Hoho. :)  That might not be universal but it was mixed sauna day in Memmelsdorf as I recall. Brilliant. But that was the 80s. Maybe things have changed.

Oh sorry, my bad, I misunderstood. I live in neighboring country with Germany, so I was a little confused since the last word I would use for them is prudish :icon_cheesygrin:  Yes, heard of it, it seems like a lot of fun, but the image of Sheldon in these...there wouldn't be enough hot beverage in the world to calm him down :icon_lol:

• Like 1