S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

Lenny kissing in s&l apartment and l says he got penny a "naughty" gift which turns out to be body paint and a canvass

Hey, I saw that on "Dating Naked". Nice steal from a reality show. ... (mumbles "the young adults were watching, I just, um, walked past and it, um, caught my eye"...).

And Mars. Elon Musk and SpaceX and the Mars Colonial Transport System. Priced at around 500k per ticker last estimate. Is what SpaceX is for. Very nice. Bags not going with Sheldon. Hehe.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 3

Bad news: Sheldon applied to live on Mars, which would mean leaving Amy forever.

I think they would want to choose someone more useful and practical than Sheldon. Let's say a geologist.

I just could not resist. Now I'll head off.

• Like 2

Lucy annoyed me and was not at all right for Raj or his circle of friends. Emily is a much better fit, not only for Raj, but for the rest of the gang. Behind her beauty, there is a mysterious macabre about her that makes her intriguing and balances out Raj's feministic traits. I've liked her from the beginning. I also liked how she and Amy initially connected. I hope Emily becomes absorbed into the group like Bernie and Amy did.

Emily is creepy to the point that I can't stand her, but I agree that Lucy wasn't right for Raj.

I was not one of the Shamys that got upset over the last one episode, but I was annoyed at what seemed like manipulation by the writers for all the shippers - Intimacy Acceleration - what were we all to think?  So I am glad that nearly all the Shippers seemed to have got something in this one.

Thanks for the mini report Dana, sounds fun.

• Like 3

My mini report. Please enjoy and once again thank you for you all not posting spoilers in spoiler free zones. You all rock!

SHAMY

Good news: Sheldon and Amy decide they want to get a turtle.

Bad news: Said turtle bites Sheldon's finger and they end up not getting a turtle.

Bad news: Sheldon applied to live on Mars, which would mean leaving Amy forever.

Good news: Sheldon asks if Amy would come with him on Mars.

Good news: There was a Shamy hug.

Bad news: Sheldon did not initiate it. (Sorry this is a dream of mine and that's why it is bad lol)

Good news: Sheldon reciprocated it.

LENNY

Good news: Leonard and Penny had on screen kisses on the couch, and then decided to have sex with body paint on to make a sex painting.

Bad news: Their first attempt looks so plain it is just sad. It looks like they didn't move at all.

Good news: They make another attempt and it looks way better.

KOOTHRAPEMILY

Bad news: Raj gets caught looking in Emily's drawer in her bedroom while she leaves him alone in her apartment.

Good news: Emily ends up forgiving her and they have a bedroom scene with a couple quick kisses.

Bad news: Emily seriously asks Raj if he looked in her closet and when he says no, she says good. This causes Raj to seriously question what is in her closet.

HOWARDETTE

Good news: Howard and Bernadette seemed good and happy in their apartment.

Bad news: They didn't have much of a storyline, so it was sad not to see too much of Simon or Melissa.

Thanks, Dana! What was the title of the episode after all?

I was not one of the Shamys that got upset over the last one episode, but I was annoyed at what seemed like manipulation by the writers for all the shippers - Intimacy Acceleration - what were we all to think? So I am glad that nearly all the Shippers seemed to have got something in this one.

Thanks for the mini report Dana, sounds fun.

This one should have been called the intimacy acceleration :) sounds like a cute episode

Thanks, Dana! What was the title of the episode after all?

The colonization Application or something like that, it had to do with Sheldon wanting to go to mars Edited by boys3allc

I'd say Mayim was being a bit sneaky too. She posted a insta pic from set saying she was interupting Jim's rehearsal, making it come off like they were doing scenes separately. But from what it seems now they had all their scenes together

• Like 7

From what I'm reading it seems Lenny and Ramily are the main stories. Lenny acting like a real couple for the first time this season. Raj seems to be trying to screw up a good thing with Emily. If I were him I'd be thinking of getting her pants not her drawer. the Shamy story IMO seems to be not much of s story but they have a lotta main story lines this season. Howdette it sounds like really didn't need to be in the episode.

I'm sorry, what were you expecting? Why is it cruel?

i'm guessing he thought there would be weddng planning in the episode.. Edited by Chrismo

I'm sorry, what were you expecting? Why is it cruel?

It is just that they post those so the fans can try and guess about the episode, so purposely misleading us like that is a tiny bit cruel, I'm saying.