S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

The one where he is playing spoons I tried to screenshot it this is the best I could do

Okay, that's what I thought. I agree that it looks like it could be Mrs. W's house, looking to Jim's left. There's a sort of cabinet or credenza with what looks like a candlestick or something. There's wallpaper and some kind of picture on the wal.

But didn't someone say they saw a staircase or something? Where would that be?

• Like 1

I saw that Yvette ep last night and I was wondering what the point was of having her like Raj and give him her number if it wasn't going to go anywhere. My one passing thought was how they made Raj come across as a little goofy when he was thinking of telling her that "vet named Yvette" line, but I would think they would have shown to made later reference to his failure on that front.

I wondered if maybe they considered it, but maybe the actres was unavailable or for some other reason couldn't or didn't want to be a recurring character. Or maybe they just wanted to give Raj a little taste of romance on Valentines day. What was his last line?

We may never know the BTS reason. Since the writers don't work from a master plan perhaps this was just a possible set up. Perhaps Yvette will resurface. If the dog gets sick Emily and Yvette could meet.

We may never know the BTS reason. Since the writers don't work from a master plan perhaps this was just a possible set up. Perhaps Yvette will resurface. If the dog gets sick Emily and Yvette could meet.

It's possible, yet it seems to me dropping guest actors into the show is like dropping stones into a fast moving river, most of the time. There is a splash, then not even ripples. Unless there is some hook in the story that needs them specifically I think they just disappear. Raj can meet other girls if Emily doesn't pan out. I'd be surprised if it was the vet.

But I do like the idea of Emily and Yvette meeting. And something COINCIDENTALLY unfortunate happening to Yvette. All eyes on Emily then. Mwahaha.

• Like 3

It's possible, yet it seems to me dropping guest actors into the show is like dropping stones into a fast moving river, most of the time. There is a splash, then not even ripples. Unless there is some hook in the story that needs them specifically I think they just disappear. Raj can meet other girls if Emily doesn't pan out. I'd be surprised if it was the vet.

But I do like the idea of Emily and Yvette meeting. And something COINCIDENTALLY unfortunate happening to Yvette. All eyes on Emily then. Mwahaha.

Funny, I was thinking Cinnamon might start developing some life threatening skin disease and that Raj would take her to Yvette. Then suspicion would be on Emily (with no one actually dead).

• Like 2

Funny, I was thinking Cinnamon might start developing some life threatening skin disease and that Raj would take her to Yvette. Then suspicion would be on Emily (with no one actually dead).

That's good. Raj having to choose between his two loves. Very "Boy and his dog". Except so far as we know Cinnamon isn't telepathic or human level sentient. And Raj and Cinnamon won't literally eat Emily. But that would be a twist. Heheh.

but why would the dinner be pre-taped? hmmm... curious .... don't they have the house set up anyway?

well, they have lots of brisket... 

yes, pre-taped...it's a real meal so they couldn't have it sitting around for hours. ok... ( it's late..i'm sick..it takes a while to process things ;) )

Edited by Kelli