S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So exactly how do you answer:  "without Sheldon the mechanics of it would have never come to light."  Or do you really believe that Sheldon is the only one who could have done the math?   I wasn't saying they weren't equally responsible for the paper, just that Sheldon isn't the only one that could do the math.

Hell, Einstein wasn't the first one to get the equations for General Relativity.   Einstein had the ideas, was trying to derive the equations through trial and error, and shared the ideas with David Hilbert.  Hilbert derived the equations within two weeks from the principle of least action (and derivation equations are called the Hilbert action).  Einstein solved them a couple of weeks later, based on earlier discussions with Hilbert.  Some tried to give Hilbert the credit, but he deflected it by saying that the ideas were Einstein's and any competent mathematician could have found the equations, after  discussing it with Einstein.  

I'm thinking it is impossible to say if only Sheldon could do the math here. But the way I recall it Leonard does not only ask Sheldon if he can flesh out the math he also asks Sheldon if his idea has merit. Sheldon thinks the idea is sound but he does the math to flesh it out. Obviously the idea is essential because Sheldon would not have worked through the math without an idea. The question remains would someone else have seen the merit of Leonard's idea before it was fleshed out? Who can say? A flash of insight can happen at any time. Recognizing it as something worth exploring certainly is consequential.

Okay. I just looked at the photos for next week's episode. I got a kick out of the Shenny eye coitus? from the one picture it looked like Shenny was gonna start making out. Also why was Sheldon's left hand between his legs?

I think that you would be better off on Shenny HQ.

So was Amy's Amelia fantasy with Sheldon in the bath tub IMO.

See the post above.

I was joking that he was hiding something with his hand not doing something with his hand. I guess Phanta was thinking of something more x rated.

How dare people understand your terribly written innuendo!

I'm thinking it is impossible to say if only Sheldon could do the math here. But the way I recall it Leonard does not only ask Sheldon if he can flesh out the math he also asks Sheldon if his idea has merit. Sheldon thinks the idea is sound but he does the math to flesh it out. Obviously the idea is essential because Sheldon would not have worked through the math without an idea.

Actually, Leonard did nothing of the sort. All he said was that he couldn't work out the math the way that Sheldon could. That's not asking him to do the math, that's simply acknowledging that Sheldon is better at doing this kind of math. Sheldon took it upon himself to work out the math and write the paper for both of them (and get blueberry-dry-erase-marker-tongue).

She WON'T pressure Sheldon because she loves and respects him. Everyone has sexual fantasies and at least hers involve her boyfriend and not some random guy - that means she wants him as he is.

LOL ok

I agree with you.. But if something happened to Leonard and Amy even I would want Penny and Sheldon to hook up.

I don't think anything going to happen between Amy and Leonard but Penny and Sheldon that a different story...

Mysteryrose10 said:

Wow just because someone has a different opinion than yours you call them a troll... why am I not surprised..... but then again you're a shamy shipper

And there it is, showing your true colours. Now why not just be upfront about your dislike of the Shamy (and I suspect it's more Amy related) pairing? No judgement here if Shenny is your thing, just own it if it is. Would have saved a lot of pointless arguing.

Edited by CaffeineBuzz

And there it is, showing your true colours. Now why not just be upfront about your dislike of the Shamy (and I suspect it's more Amy related) pairing. No judgement here if Shenny is your thing, just own it if it is. Would have saved a lot of pointless arguing.

No I think your shamy friends showed their true colors yes I like shenny this is not a secret that I LIKE SHENNY I sometimes hate the amy character I find her annoying loud bitchy I know shenny will never get together I get it but when someone on here say that they like the Shenny pairing your shamy friends seem to go bat cap crazy and calling someone a troll just because they don't like the pairing.

And there it is, showing your true colours. Now why not just be upfront about your dislike of the Shamy (and I suspect it's more Amy related) pairing. No judgement here if Shenny is your thing, just own it if it is. Would have saved a lot of pointless arguing.

No I think your shamy friends showed their true colors yes I like shenny this is not a secret that I LIKE SHENNY I sometimes hate the amy character I find her annoying loud bitchy I know shenny will never get together I get it but when someone on here say that they like the Shenny pairing your shamy friends seem to go bat cap crazy and calling someone a troll just because they don't like the pairing.

Some do, yes but some of us don't. You like who you like, that's fine. I can't and won't apologize for other passionate fans cause it's pointless. My comment is more about ship bashing in general which is honestly pointless cause as I said, we ship who we ship.

No I think your shamy friends showed their true colors yes I like shenny this is not a secret that I LIKE SHENNY I sometimes hate the amy character I find her annoying loud bitchy I know shenny will never get together I get it but when someone on here say that they like the Shenny pairing your shamy friends seem to go bat cap crazy and calling someone a troll just because they don't like the pairing.

Nothing to do with liking Shenny. Whatever floats your boat. It's the outlandish comments regarding Shamy's relationship, such as:

I thought that scene was just sad that Amy has to write fan-fiction about getting intimate with her boyfriend lol

obviously not intimate enough if she writing fan fictions

Edited by denajeanx

Some do, yes but some of us don't. You like who you like, that's fine. I can't and won't apologize for other passionate fans cause it's pointless. My comment is more about ship bashing in general which is honestly pointless cause as I said, we ship who we ship.

Im going to continue to like who I like thank you for not going crazy on me

No I think your shamy friends showed their true colors yes I like shenny this is not a secret that I LIKE SHENNY I sometimes hate the amy character I find her annoying loud bitchy I know shenny will never get together I get it but when someone on here say that they like the Shenny pairing your shamy friends seem to go bat cap crazy and calling someone a troll just because they don't like the pairing.

I think that you concentrate too much on negative moments in Shamy relationship and ignore negativities of Shenny dynamic. Sheldon and Amy may have problems at times but are actually a great couple and really understand each other. Sheldon and Penny have good moments on occasion but being in a relationship with Sheldon would drive her crazy (not in a good way mind you).

Just to add: in general the idea that 'shippers are all alike and/or behave like well-indoctrinated soldiers/cult-members/bees/[insert adherents of religious sects] is a slightly dodgy one. There are differences between 'shipper groups (to say nothing of the people who really aren't invested in any particular 'ship), but I'm fairly sure they're outweighed by differences within 'shipper groups. Not all Lennies/Shamies/Shennies/Sheldon purists are alike. I'm sure we have common ground. It's fine. Kum ba ya, chaps. 

Now let's talk about nicer things: does Amy's remark about a breastfeeding member of the Avengers mean that she returned to her perusal of 'Thor'? Did she discover 'X-Men'? Does she write spicy fanfiction applying her neuroscience knowledge to the possibility of Rogue and Gambit getting it on, even despite Rogue's difficulties in that arena? 

(I think all of those things are true, and that's what fanfiction is for)

Also: when will Leonard get tenure? Is this the last we have heard of the Leonard/Sheldon paper?

Edited by wowbagger

Nothing to do with liking Shenny. Whatever floats your boat. It's the outlandish comments regarding Shamy's relationship, such as:

how are my comments outlandish regarding the shamy relationship I did find that scene where Amy giving Sheldon a bath sad she has to write fan fictions about getting intimate with her boyfriend I...mean these are just my opinion not everyone is going to like it.

I think that you concentrate too much on negative moments in Shamy relationship and ignore negativities of Shenny dynamic. Sheldon and Amy may have problems at times but are actually a great couple and really understand each other. Sheldon and Penny have good moments on occasion but being in a relationship with Sheldon would drive her crazy (not in a good way mind you).

That's your opinion if you find the shamy relationship great good for you I like the shenny relationship because I love their dynamic.